It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wondering...anyone near Florence SC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Anyone happen to be near Florence SC and see any unexplained lights/objects in the sky?

My friend and I were riding down the highway towards Florence tonight, when out the window, off in the distance, I saw what appeared to be 3 amber lights in a line up in the sky, hovering. Then, 3 more popped up next to them. About this time, since we were moving, the trees got between us and the lights and he wasn't able to see them. I told him he could probably get a look at them through a break in the trees coming up, but they were gone by the time we got there. He said they were probably just street lights. I told him I didn't think so because they were higher than that...and if they were street lights, they'd be there when we came back home. He agreed.

About 20 miles and 15 minutes later, we make it to Florence. As we were coming in on the highway, just talking and riding along, off to the right, the lights appeared again...only this time they were much bigger (just closer I suppose). Just as I saw them, he yells "Dude...I see it! I see it!" Of course I start yelling how I told him so. This time, it was all 6. They were hovering, much like before, only, this time, a couple of them seemed to be moving independent of the other lights. Then just as fast as they appeared,the were gone. All this went down in a span of about 8 seconds. I wish I'd had time to get a picture, although, with the phone I have, it wouldn't have mattered. The camera is crap. It's an old Razr. It's my backup phone b/c my good one bit the dust a few months back. But, honestly, I really had no time to get it out and to the camera function anyway.

We looked all around for whatever it was while on the way to our destination. There was no trace. It just disappeared. Never saw anything else. My friend wanted to call 911, but, I'm not sure what good that would have done. He kept saying "I saw it. I don't know what I saw, but I saw it". A little later, I showed him the pictures of the Phoenix Lights and he said "We saw a Jr version of that."

I know some people may think this is bunk, and that's fine...I just really wanted to know if anyone else saw anything.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Got pics it sounds pretty neat!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BRQuick

There was another post early last week about something similar happening in central Florida. The poster said there were 8 or 9 lights that came one by one from a bright object.
The responders said it was likely flares being dropped as the way he described their perfect line up and speed matched all other accounts of flares. What scares the hell out of me is that this means the military is performing night maneuvers using flares in more than one place at the same time. I have to wonder what they might be expecting (or planning) and if other states are seeing the same sorts of things.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I went to Facebook to see if anyone was talking about seeing anything, and found this...

www2.wbtw.com...

I can't say they weren't flares, but, I don't think flares would go out all at once. I imagine they would fade out one by one. The sonic boom reported covers a wide area and it seems to have happened just after what we saw disappeared. Freaky stuff. No, no pics. It really wasn't around long enough to take a picture.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Im in Myrtle beach and last week in a field in Marion I saw the same thing or similar to you,this was near galivants ferry,,at about 7 oclock tonight a few friends heard a loud boom tonight and one was in mullins, one in conway...But what I saw , I saw twice,,last week on the way back from Charleston..I am seeing two small red lights ,one following the other, look to be about the size of a softball I guess, not real high,,and this was out in nowhere,where people dont fly toy planes at night,,these lights I saw flew over a fieldin front of my car, they were maybe around the height of the tallest trees...Just 2 small lights NOT chinese lanterns, we have those EVERY NIGHT out front on the beach..Just kinda strange when your out in the middle of nowhere and see two red lights passing low over a field,,,small ones at that and not high up in the sky...kinda strange
edit on 5-11-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I was born in Florence and pretty familiar with the area.
It's all flat ,lot of pinetrees,and some swampy areas.

Got to ask you,were you coming back from Myrtle Beach?

Do you think maybe the military were performing exercises in the area?

Just asking,that's all.

www.myrtlebeachonline.com...
edit on 5-11-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

The coast guard does drop these UL flares out front over the ocean,,if a person uses binoculars they can see the blinking lights above the hanging glowing orange orbs in the sky,They just hang in the sky for seconds and blink out,,been happening for years but recently people have been calling them UFOs but I must admit I did as well for years until I saw the chopper micro lights way up high,,those flares are usually way high up though, his description doesnt sound like those flares we see here in Surfside.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I was riding with my friend from Hartsville to Florence. We work in Florence 3 nights a week.

A lot of people have been saying that what they think they saw were jets with the afterburners on. I don't believe that's what we saw. What we saw was hovering, not moving, and then just disappeared. Didn't fly off in any direction at high speed, didn't leave any trail, just >poof< and gone. Also, I would think 6 jets with the afterburners on would have surely made a noise I could hear, but we heard nothing. I also never heard any sonic boom. Also, IF (and that's a big if) it was jets we saw, they would have been heading in the wrong direction to cause a sonic boom in the areas where it was claimed to have been heard. The boom was heard over towards Marion, Myrtle Beach and in some cases NC, and what we saw would have to have been headed towards Effingham and Lake City for it to have been afterburners.

I suppose it could have been military. But, if it was, it's not like anything I've ever seen. Then again, maybe the jets everyone saw were scrambled to investigate whatever it was we saw? That could explain why the military is saying they had no exercises in the area.

I really don't know what it was, but it was definitely freaky.
edit on 6-11-2012 by BRQuick because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by BRQuick because: Edited to answer military question I missed. Missed the first edit box.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BRQuick

new topics

top topics

join