It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has any one else seen this???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I was you tube surfing and stumbled upon this and wanted to share. I did a search and found nothing similar so here it is. I will provide a brief description about the video below.

Steven Seagal probably in a movie or something, tells it like it is things get worse and things don't change. Corporate interests supersede the needs of the masses, And no one wants to hear it,because its so depressing. And why we should try hard to change things.

edit on 5-11-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: title

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Because the alternative is deadly....apathy must be overcome for the continuation of the Human race.

Des

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I realized I placed this in the wrong topic after posting and disagree with the new topic title I was given.
edit on 5-11-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I agree.Too many people wait for someone elts to do something we need a new Gandhi since people can't seem to lead themselves.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by Destinyone

I agree.Too many people wait for someone elts to do something we need a new Gandhi since people can't seem to lead themselves.

Only when we learn to lead ourselves will we ever be led any place decent.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It's Hollywood, and it's not real. Within a minute he starts mentioning carburetors, water, alcohol and how you can run your cars with limited gasoline... yadda yadda yadda.

Save alcohol, those are all old scams and hoaxes.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You can some run cars on certain types of alcohol... you can even run some cars on recycled cooking oil. There are lot of things which can run cars if they provide enough combustibility. We've just developed a motor specialized for gasoline fuels and as such we don't have highly developed motors specialized for dealing with other fuels, but make no mistake there are other fuels.
edit on 5/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by boncho

You can some run cars on certain types of alcohol... you can even run some cars on recycled cooking oil. There are lot of things which can run cars if they provide enough combustibility. We've just developed a motor specialized for gasoline fuels and as such we don't have highly developed motors specialized for dealing with other fuels, but make no mistake there are other fuels.
edit on 5/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

I never said there wasn't (cars that run on cooking oil or alcohol). "Save alcohol" means "except alcohol", the rest are old scams. Some of the first were the tablets that you put into a gas tank of water and magically your car runs. Then there was the 100MPG carburetors, which got popular during the 70s or 80s (First one dating back as far as 1930ish). Then the water one, which makes no sense at all being that water is spent fuel. As is, all the potential energy is used up... The only energy remaining being the nuclear potential energy in the atoms forming the molecules, have fun getting that out though....
edit on 6-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho you are one of my faves around here I have been gone a while. I do have an interesting story about that. My step mom's father accidentally had an experimental carburetor on a new vehicle he bought. So he didn't know this until after he went to the dealership bragging about the astronomical fuel economy he was getting with his new car. The dealership called the manufacturer and asked about the car and it was discovered that the carburetor was experimental and was not suppose to to be out in public and it was top secret. He was offered a substantial sum of money for the car since he didn't want to part with it.True story seriously!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I appreciate the fan fare, unfortunately your story is hard to swallow. For one, the production lines for automobile manufacturing are quite automated (since the very beginning with the model T) and the chances of a mistaken part being put on a vehicle is really low.

If there is no evidence of this beyond a second hand account, it just goes into the giant slush pile of anecdotal accounts that claim similar to your story.

What year did this supposedly occur in?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I can get the approximate year off my step mom but I'm pretty sure it was the 70's.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If anybody is interested the movie is called "On Deadly Ground" made in 1994.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

I heard the same story from a friends father from around the same time, late 70's. Believe it is just an urban legend or bs myth.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
That is a scene from "On Deadly Ground", its the ending I believe.
Steven Seagal produced and directed it himself.
He got the funding to do it in exchange for doing another under-siege movie.
edit on 7/11/12 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

edit on 7-11-2012 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Actually I would have agreed with you before I found this out. I just know this to be true since I did hear it from the horses mouth first hand. And verified and backed up by people that were there.You can think its BS all you want or an urban legend,conspiracy theory, etc.... All that matters to me is I know its true because I was there.

The concept behind the carburetor apparently is that it gasified the gasoline not a mist but a gas. Or vaporized the gasoline one could say. Well there you have it.I will post in time the approx year of the cars original purchase when I next talk to my step mom.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Right on thats good to know Steven Segal in real life apparently is a real nice guy. You tube him and watch how good a fighter he is in real life. He is well respected in japan for his martial art skills.His fighting skills are considered to be amongst the best in the world. The you tube vids I`ve seen on this have blown my mind.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

Right on thanks I was wondering what movie that was. It seemed like my kind of movie.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I reinforce the message of your video with "the trailer" of Robert Kramer's ICE

Excerpt from Robert Kramer's plausible cinematic depiction of an armed revolution in the United Sates (ICE, 16mm, 130 min, 1970).

I have tried to find a "free" copy of the full movie but couldn't but it seems very interesting...

From IMDb

"An underground revolutionary group struggles against internal strife to stage urban guerilla attacks against a fictionalized fascist regime in the United States. Interspersed throughout the narrative are rhetorical sequences that explain the philosophy of radical action and restrain the melodrama inherent in the thriller genre." Written by Laurence Kardish, Museum of Modern Art .

edit on 7-11-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join