It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hell??????????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Really, why the hell is there so much stupidity?

So soon we see who our next wonderful face man for a corrupt government will be.

Whether you believe in elections being rigged or real I am not sure it matters since either way all the politicians are corrupt, despicable pieces of garbage. It makes me sick to think that no matter what I do or how much I try to help there are still people going hungry, living with no roof over their heads, losing their jobs, and others being killed over drugs, money, and many other things. We have people going to jail for small things (stuff ATS will not allow us to speak of) that in the end are not as important as criminals stealing money from the average person who works to try and support their families.

Not only are there people working to actively steal from the normal person but they are protected by their buddy lawyer politicians. It is a sickening game that is played out daily and no one seems to care as long as they have mind numbing garbage filling their heads from the TV. I am not saying all TV is bad but the amount watched and absorbed by the nation is a bit saddening.

No matter what you chose to do come election day know that neither side is going to help our problems, only add further to them.

ATS used to be a great place to come and find like minded individuals who understood that both sides were corrupt. But now it seems everyone wants you to pick a side be it dem. or rep. and neither are worth our time. They all stand up there in front of the cameras all smiles and lies. They talk about how they care for the public and then stab the public in the back. Yet year after year, day after day people still look to them and believe the lies.

ATS has gone batty with how political everything is. People on here actually seem to get offended for making slight off handed humor about some worthless sack of a politician. I really cannot believe how much people take to heart about the politicians. It is like you are talking about their families. Hell, at times it seems many care more about the politicians than they do their families. I would be happy to see those in DC drug out and taken behind the woodshed for some good old fashion punishment.

I really think we are screwed as long as people keep believing that any of our current politicians are going to be the answer. We need to really focus on getting our country back up and going and get rid of the scum in DC.

Raist

edit on 11/5/12 by Raist because: removed link that ATS has banned

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
believe me, most people the people voting dont know nearly a thing about politics. they just do because everyone else does or they see on TV advertisement. "HEY friend are you going to vote today" "sure ill vote because your voting"

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Any ideas as to solutions?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
and people wonder why we use the word SHEEPLE!

Dont matter who's in, its the same old enslavement program.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
happens every election... the mindless masses spout the propaganda their fed by the next puppet wannabe and the charade goes on with the slaves thinking foolishly they have freedom... relax... grab a pint or two.. a couple women and watch the farce they call democracy in action... the slaves will never realise they are slaves and will perpetuate the show every election year...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Any of the solutions I have cannot be voiced on ATS or even out loud. The best I can say is that all of DC should be taken behind the woodshed.

I wish I had an easy answer to solve it all. I do not though. My answer involves going back to the basics and starting the government all over again. However, we cannot just do that. The Constitution has been destroyed by the government, and the majority of the populace do not care for anything other than who won the game and what the pretty guy/gal on that reality TV show is doing.

For the most part I believe we are pounding sand or at least it feels as if I am. No one listens, no one cares. They always say "well at least it is better to vote for the least evil". Why? Why is it better? If you know they are worthless why support them? If you know they are going to steal from you why give them your voice? If you know why? Show some real care, demand that we have better, demand our country back.

But then it goes back to "well this person will do this to help us". No they won't. We have seen it time and again, all of them lie. They lie about everything. Even if they told me the sky was blue and the grass was green I would not believe them.

But really, I am not sure what to do. I might as well talk to a brick wall (not talking about you, but what seems like everyone I talk to).

Raist

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

Yeah they get that niffty little sticker that says "I voted".

Yay for the sticker

Raist

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Someday people have to see that things are not changing.

It was once said that doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result is insanity. I am pretty sure Einstein said that, or something very close to it anyway.

It does not take much to see that things are not changing, at least not for the better.

Raist

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I would but my wife might not like me grabbing a couple of women. I will most likely just grab her though and we can do what the government has been doing to the people for years. Only ours will be the good kind.

Raist

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I hate to say this, and I don't advocate it, but a war on our own soil would probably put us all on the same sheet of music.

It's a sad statement on the average American attitude.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who you vote for in the two party system, they are basically the same in the big policies. The only thing they really differ on is the civil policies.
Does it really matter if one is pro-abortion and the other not? Against gay marriage or not? Pro-affirmative action or not? No. These are choices that a person can make on a personal level.
The big changes; foreign policy, military spending, social security, healthcare, aren't that different from either of the main parties. Those and others are what will affect your life, and sadly, these are the ones that no one focuses on. So enjoy Obamney, you deserve it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What makes you think that anyone here is more enlightened, or understands how the world works, or really understands the world power structure any better than anyone else?

All I see here on ATS is a bunch of people casting blame for the world's ills on anyone they imagine might be culpable. From non-existant Chemtrail seeding plots to completely delusional Masonic Illuminati Anannuki, Big Oil, Reptilian conspiracy theories, the people gathered here under one roof have to be the largest group of nutcases ever gathered in one place in the history of the world.

Most of the stuff posted here is completely unsupported imaginary ramblings of misinformed, uneducated, emotional retards (present company excepted) who will believe any crazy-ass conspiracy theory invented in any Mom's basement.

Once in awhile there is a glimmer of truth, and it's better than working in a cubicle. Other than that.....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
remember that "rock the vote" crap from a few years ago? what about the "every vote counts" from further back? none of it matters, theyre gonna choose who they want sucks a bunch of butt

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
“One of the penalties of refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.”
― Plato

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I like your thread. I have no solutions. I have been trying to figure out how to inspire and motivate people for about a year now. Once a person is capable of seeing the situation with a clear eye they can be motivated to act, but if they are still "asleep" they are incapable of understanding that there needs to be a change.

I've been told that everyone needs to "wake up" in their own time and at their own rate, but things are starting to get desperate and we need more support than what we've got. Right now, unfortunately, people still live in a "knee-jerk reactionary" state and over-react to distressing events.

It's frustrating to see events unfold, to be able to identify the problems, but not be certain what a proper solution would be. In what is probably perfect symmetry to how most people react now I alternate between the concepts of acting like a "christ figure" or a super villain. The former hoping to inspire the world through sacrifice and message, while the later hopes to wipe out as much of the world as possible and maybe that will be some sort of reset button.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I am offended! You are implying that millionaire politicians have no idea what the common citizen wants and needs. Oh wait, that's right!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
“One of the penalties of refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.”
― Plato

One of the penalties of participating in politics is that you end up believing that millionaire politician 'A' cares more about you than millionaire politician 'B'.
--- Abraham Pffff! Okay, that was me.

edit on 11/5/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
So enjoy Obamney, you deserve it.

Why do I deserve it?

I have done nothing as an adult to hurt my neighbor, co-worker, or the person I meet on the street. I admit that I did stupid things in my youth but I have done more than enough to try and make right what I did wrong in my young juvenile years.

Why do I or the average caring person deserve it?

Raist

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Originally posted by superman2012
So enjoy Obamney, you deserve it.

Why do I deserve it?

I have done nothing as an adult to hurt my neighbor, co-worker, or the person I meet on the street. I admit that I did stupid things in my youth but I have done more than enough to try and make right what I did wrong in my young juvenile years.

Why do I or the average caring person deserve it?

Raist

That was directed at America as a (w)hole.

You keep electing the yahoos that lead you down the path to poverty and ill feelings towards your once great country. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike average American, I dislike the government (who keeps getting in). Either one side or the other and there isn't much difference was the only point i was trying to make.

PS- Canada isn't any better.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I think ATS used to have a better degree of posters. Maybe not as many members but the quality was better at one point. Or at least I believe it was, I might be delusional of the "old days" though.

I know there is a lot of fighting over politics here and everyone wants you to pick a side and they get all pissy if you make a joke or say anything that sheds bad light on their favorite politician. The sad thing is that same politician cares nothing for them and only wants to put more money in their own pocket.

Personally putting excessive amounts of money in my pocket does not matter. I just want to be comfortable without large amounts of debt. I am not asking for handouts, a house bigger than I need, more cars than I can drive, or gold, diamonds, and silver. I just want to have money in the check I bring home to feed my family and keep a roof over our heads. My house is rather small my most standards. I understand many in other countries have it worse than I do, I also understand that others in my own country have it worse than I do. I do what I can to help, but no matter how much I help it will never fix things. Even if I gave up every cent I have and my home it would not help.

I want a government that can fix this messed up country. I want it back to the way it should have been. It might be that I live in a delusion of some utopia in the eyes of some. I understand though that not everybody will be living the good life. I also understand that things used to be better than they are now. Sure I can travel all I wish. If I fly I get touched or radiated. If I drive I spend all my money getting there and back.

I just want to end all the useless spending the government does. I don't want to fight countries all over the world. I understand many have it bad in some countries but in many cases us being there is not helping. Hell, they hate us anyway.

Again I don't have the answer. I just know that what we are doing now is not working.

Raist

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join