My Dark Tunnel Experiences

page: 1
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I’m a Sensitive who’s had supernatural experiences all my life. I’ve shared the darkest chapter of my life in a previous thread. I was asked if I’d share more experiences, and I’ve decided to do this a little at a time, starting at the beginning.

Disclaimer: Being a Sensitive means that I have the Sixth Sense, allowing me to perceive things that others cannot. I do not claim to be a ‘psychic’ however, as this title places greater expectations on you; I cannot read minds, see the future, etc. by will (only accidentally.) I have never tried to enhance my perceptions, I just live with them. Also, I was never on any medications, illegal drugs or alcohol during these events, nor am I schizophrenic or given to hallucinations.

Beginning with my own first memory of the supernatural, I was very little (maybe four or five) and playing around while I listened to music. My father liked playing loud music in these days (mostly classical, classical pop and classic rock) and I would get a high on this music. Words cannot describe how it felt to me: from Mozart to The Moody Blues, I was inspired and mesmerized. One song in particular had a powerful effect on me.

First, understand that I was extremely sensitive as a child and everything around me felt explicit: colors, moods, vibes. I felt the emotions of other children like they were my own. If someone cried, I’d cry too. If someone laughed at a joke I didn’t find funny, I’d laugh too (feeling their humor.) If someone was angry, I was quite bothered by it. If someone was bottling up negative feelings under a false pretense, I saw this as clear as day as well. I assumed for a long time that this was normal and that everyone was just pretending not to notice these things.

Being highly sensitive, music had a hypnotizing effect on me. I was uplifted to a higher level of consciousness, where I visualized many wondrous things. I knew of course that I was a spirit and life was spiritual (as I assumed everyone else did.) But it wasn’t merely sensation when my father played a certain song: “Won’t Get Fooled Again” by The Who. Whenever this song would play, my parents would step aside and watch me. What they witnessed was different than what I experienced:

The moment the first cord would strike in the song it was if someone hit me over the head with a mallet! I would freeze still, overwhelmed by an emersion of prolific vibrations of otherworldly energy. Everything would turn black. The music faded a bit (I could feel it more than hear it (it was the energy of it that engulfed me.) I would then feel my metaphysical body (soul) lift up out of my physical body, into the blackness. My body form was still, limbs loose but slightly spread apart. Then I felt lasers shooting through me. All was black, but I felt these multiple narrow beams of intense energy shooting through me. Some would pass through my arms, shoulders, etc. and others would miss me (I would feel them passing by.)

(If I were to paint a visual symbolic image of this, I would paint myself, limbs partially spread, with various laser beams of different colors shooting through me (straight-on as if from one direction.) I say, “different colors,” because each beam felt like it had a different frequency of energy.)

I assumed at the time that each beam was altering my consciousness somehow, but that was (and is) an assumption, as I merely felt the sensation of them passing through or near me, nothing more. What was conscious-altering was of course the experience itself, which was certainly a kind of out-of-body experience which showed me that the physical world was merely a dream from which we could enter or leave (given the right motivation or stimuli.) When the song would end, I’d find myself drifting back down into my body. I’d ‘came to’, conscious, my body still, as I’d look around in wonder as I regained my normal conscious awareness. My parents would be gazing at me with amused expressions.

One day, in my adult years, I told this to my mother and asked her what she remembered of it. She described it like this: every time they played this song, I would go into a trance and begin dancing. They would watch with amusement. I told her that I had absolutely no recollection of dancing (or ever having danced in my youth at all.) She maintained that I was (apparently unbeknownst to myself) dancing. I asked her how long this was happening. She replied: “Since you were in diapers.”

So, I guess I was a psychedelic baby. This may explain why I was always different.

As the years would pass, I would see things: shadows, usually low to the ground or hovering about. Of course, adults would just tell you that you’re just ‘seeing things’, and so I’d tried to believe that’s all it was. As I got older (closer to age 10), I stopped seeing these shadows. I believed that I’d ‘moved past’ this childishness. I was a much more contemplative, philosophical child at this point. I questioned everything: religion, science, you name it. I was skeptical about everything.

At age nine, I was dropped off at a friend’s house. My friends and I prepared to go trick-or-treating. My parents were taking my sister and her friends. While I was at my friend’s house, looking over each other’s costumes (I can’t remember what I wore that year), an odd feeling came over me—this I would later call the “strange feeling”. It was an odd feeling that made me forget who I was, where I was and what was happening around me. Life seemed to blur into a dream, as if I was waking up from it. Being nine, I was very disturbed by this. Unlike my other experiences, which were either positive or at worst spooky, this was really scary.

I excused myself from my friends, claiming I was “sick” (which would be a common excuse for years to come.) I wanted to walk home alone, as I believed that all the hubbub was unnerving me, so I insisted I’d be fine to go alone. I walked down the street (in my country community, near the ocean), right in the yellow lines. No cars were around, everything was silent. (There weren’t many houses where I grew up, so it made sense that most of the time kids would be getting driven around busier neighborhoods.) I felt better now, but still unnerved. Perhaps I’d experienced some form of panic attack or nervous reaction (as I got shyer and more withdrawn, I would eventually develop social phobia years later (but not at this point.)

As I walked down the street, lit by streetlight, all was quiet. Barely any wind. Then I heard a burst of singing coming from the woods, just past the intersection ahead. It was too far away, in the dark of the woods, for anyone to see or hear me coming, and no one else was around. It came from a spot in the woods near an old church where kids believed people had been buried (but adults insisted they hadn’t been.) The singing was very loud and very clear. The tone was ghostly. My logic told me that clearly this was a professional musician, playing on his acoustic guitar (which was excellently played) and singing just to spook neighborhood kids.




posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The problem was, to his knowledge there would have been no one around to hear him. I remember being impressed with how skillfully he sang and played. It was truly professional. And yes, in the woods! (And no, there was no hollow there and no building (I knew this area like the back of my hand.) If it was a man, he was sitting on a rock or a log, playing to his heart’s content to...no one. I would have heard if anyone else was around him, as it was so quiet and as I drew near the intersection. It was performed exactly like a ghost who’d risen from the grave to play a song one last time, giving it his all (perhaps not so unlike the voice in the “Monster Mash” song, only this had a more spirit and vive.)

After experiencing a spiritual awakening (or spiritual disturbance), and this being Halloween, and my being nine, I concluded he was probably a ghost. And so, I ran to my grandparents’ house, shut all the curtains and told them about the ‘ghost’. And for the record: I have no idea to this day whether that musician was a musical ghost or a...very talented, loon (or very lonely talent.)

The “strange feeling” would become a dominant factor in my childhood for the next few years, alienating me from my friends. I never knew when it would strike: at a party, while chatting at a friend’s house or anything. It was always worst on Halloween, even if I didn’t go trick-or-treating. Beyond the first two or so times I experienced it, the “strange feeling” went beyond just an uncomfortable feeling. Each time it happened now, it would take me all the way from my surroundings: not just forgetting who, when and where, but completely losing sight of it.

I’d find myself in a black tunnel, and seemed to be rising up it horizontally. I was just consciousness, with a sense of mass around me (I assume, my metaphysical body.) I could see nothing, but for a blue sphere, which I knew to be the earth (my old life.) I knew that it had meant something to me, that there were people there, memories and places of importance. But the further along the tunnel I went, the smaller the blue sphere got, until I just had a vague sense of its once having meant something. After a while it just became a tiny blue speck, and then all was black.

In this black tunnel I felt no fear or worry, only a mild feeling of peace. I felt as though the tunnel (although unseen) was divided into sections, that I was making some sort of progress as I was lifted up (as if magnetically.) I merely existed and was at peace here. But then, as if an invisible string had reached its full length, I’d feel a sudden and sharp connection back to my body. I’d feel like a nerve pulsating like with an electrical connection in my chest (I assume, my heart.) I felt this strongly, although at a distance. It is similar to if you lift your hand and fist it. You feel it fisting, yet you aren’t consciously IN your hand (as you feel conscious more in your head or heart (but that’s another matter.)

Then, I’d be sucked back, through this unseen electric connection, into my body. I’d gasp, shocked and in horror of realizing what had happened. I was only a child and the idea that everything around me that appeared physical was just a dream, that I could forget everyone and everything that I knew and loved like they were nothing, was earth-shattering and horrifying. The “strange feeling” would come over me soon again. As before, everything became hazy: I forgot who, when and where. I would be back in the black tunnel. The globe would feel familiar but then drift away. All was black and peace. And then, the pulse, the connection to my body. Sucked back in. Terrified.

I’d run into my bedroom, grab onto my floor (the place which felt most familiar and grounding) and I’d chant my name and that “I am real” and “this is real” over and over again. For some time, it would take a few attempts until I found the strength to block it out. I would literally suppress all memory of this ever having taken place. But all it would take would be my mother asking me if I’d had the “strange feeling” lately to bring it over me again. I’d run back to my room, to my bedroom floor, and do my ‘grounding ritual’, for the lack of a better term.

Sometimes it would come over me at school, which was the worst. I did my best to fight it, to prevent myself from freaking out in front of everyone. I’d claim to be “sick” and call to be taken home. I’d pass up on invitations to many events to avoid making a fool of myself (or just wishing to avoid the horrible experience (it seemed to happen less often in familiar settings.) Eventually, I managed to repress it all together, forgetting that it had ever happened. After I achieved this, it stopped happening.

It wasn’t until many years later, as an adult, reading about the paranormal (after overcoming a demonic attack I described in a previous thread) when I was finally able to face this. I was reading on near-death experiences when I came across “the black tunnel” subject. This soon made me remember my own childhood experience. The “strange feeling” returned to me even as I remembered it, but I realized that I was a lot more willful now and had the power to control it (not to allow it to overwhelm me (not even needing to chant.) Even as I type this, it starts to come over me (but I easily hold it away.)

Usually people experience the black tunnel due to a near-death accident of some kind. I asked a Buddhist friend of mine about it once, who seemed quite wise and learned on such things, but he confessed that this had him stumped. He suggested that “intense psychological trauma” might cause it. This forced me to consider the possibility, but I have no idea what this might be. I was never conscious of any “trauma” when the “strange feeling” occurred (or even when it first occurred.) As far as I can tell, this all started with that out-of-body experience I described at the beginning. Perhaps my mind simply got used to leaving my body and somehow this caused a psychic rift (if this makes any sense) that causes something in my soul to believe that it is time to ‘pass on’ when it isn’t.

I would appreciate any suggestions for what it might be, especially from any psychics or religious persons. I have always wanted to make sense of this. It seems to go against the design of the human experience.

Of course, not everyone is going to believe me, I know. While writing it, I realized that it sounds even more ‘out there’ than I realized. My life has been truly bizarre. But as I said before, I have no answers, only experiences. I only know what I experienced and that it was real. How or why is beyond me.
edit on 5-11-2012 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Does your thread come with an Audio book version?


Sorry, will try to read it later.



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've experienced something similar but not gone so far from the blue dot. I would say you are astral traveling, and most likely you are a natural at it if you read up and try a few things. I have never gotten very good at it on my own, usually it happens to me in a dream or if I get vertigo for some reason.
What makes me think it is similar is the heart jump that snaps you back in. That's what happens to me. I have heard something about a silver cord that binds us to our body, perhaps you found the end of the cord and got snapped back.



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I have no experience with nde, obe or tunnels so I really can't provide context on those questions you have. I do however notice similarities between your childhood and my middle son. The music, dancing, zoning out, seeing things others can't and being overwhelmed by others emotions. My son has done all those things for years and I've tried to put it into perspective to help him the best I can as a father. As I was growing up I could feel things, not emotions but like an intuition, I never saw anything though, I never had confirmation of my "feelings".

Growing up I always felt there was an old woman's spirit that tripped people as they went down the stairs. Everyone I knew fell down those stairs, my parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, even my wife has. Due to some events that occurred right before I left the house at age 19 I thought that the old woman was gone and would no longer try to hurt anyone. My first son never had a problem on the stairs and I eventually completely forgot about it. Then, one day my mother took my two oldest boys for the day and my youngest fell down the stairs and hurt his leg. I asked him what happened and what he told me made my whole body shiver. He said to me that he was walking down the stairs and an old woman reached her hand up from the basement and tripped him. He then told me she was scared of me and that she hides in the basement now. I hat never mentioned anything to anyone about the old woman I had felt as a child and I certainly didn't tell anyone about why she would be scared of me and why I thought she was gone. That was the event that convinced me of both the feelings I get, and the fact my son can see things most others can't.



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hello again LoneCloudHopper2!

I understand exactly what you mean about the episodes of "not being" so to speak. Here is a link to a post I had made trying to find input to what I was going through and if anyone else experienced similar episodes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In my case, there was so tunnel so to speak, but it was as if I were pure energy. It felt so freeing and peaceful as it happened but "the coming back" part was very frightening in that it felt so abrupt being slammed back into awareness of being in body. Wierd to describe and also uncomfortable to admit something so "out there".

Another similarity is when I was younger I also felt colors. I would spend hours drawing and coloring totally immensed in my artwork. It was alive to me and the colors would almost call to me and I'd absorb their essence. Some of the drawings would be random shapes and blending of colors across a page. I know exactly what you meant with the music in your description.

Are you by chance an empath? Actually, I can tell you are but do you know that you are? Might be something to look into if you are not too familar.

I agree with DarkBlade that it would appear to be OBE of some sort. I don't know exactly how to put it into a precise label, but it was more of being reduced to pure energy and absorbing or maybe reducing existence into a core state of being. The shock would be the coming back to a dense physical body with limited senses.

Thank you so much for sharing. Its nice to know there are others experiencing things such as this which is so difficult to describe to others. In my case, the older I got and the more responsibilities that come with it lessened the experiences to where I very seldom if ever experience it anymore.



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71
 


Wow, thank you for sharing this. I've heard of astral travel but I have always avoided the subject because it sounded dangerous. It never occurred to me that this might have been what I experienced. The black tunnel is a normal part of astral travel? If so, then what lies behind it? Now I'm going to have to read on this stuff!



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortchop79
I have no experience with nde, obe or tunnels so I really can't provide context on those questions you have. I do however notice similarities between your childhood and my middle son. The music, dancing, zoning out, seeing things others can't and being overwhelmed by others emotions. My son has done all those things for years and I've tried to put it into perspective to help him the best I can as a father. As I was growing up I could feel things, not emotions but like an intuition, I never saw anything though, I never had confirmation of my "feelings".

Growing up I always felt there was an old woman's spirit that tripped people as they went down the stairs. Everyone I knew fell down those stairs, my parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, even my wife has. Due to some events that occurred right before I left the house at age 19 I thought that the old woman was gone and would no longer try to hurt anyone. My first son never had a problem on the stairs and I eventually completely forgot about it. Then, one day my mother took my two oldest boys for the day and my youngest fell down the stairs and hurt his leg. I asked him what happened and what he told me made my whole body shiver. He said to me that he was walking down the stairs and an old woman reached her hand up from the basement and tripped him. He then told me she was scared of me and that she hides in the basement now. I hat never mentioned anything to anyone about the old woman I had felt as a child and I certainly didn't tell anyone about why she would be scared of me and why I thought she was gone. That was the event that convinced me of both the feelings I get, and the fact my son can see things most others can't.


Thank you for sharing this!

It often seems to run in families. Do you have Celtic or Native blood? In my case I have Celtic and a little Native. This is common for families who have this gift (or gifts.) Artistic talent often runs in these families as well. Sometimes luck is a factor (usually good luck at casinos, with lotto tickets, etc.) These talents go back thousands of years and yet modern society virtually ignores this. I really felt like a freak all of my life, until I started meeting people who also had these experiences (mostly online.) There are probably more people around us who have similar talents than we'd realize, because they probably keep it quiet too. It is very reassuring to know that you are not alone.

I like the part about her hiding in the basement. I'm not sure if 'she' is a ghost or just a mischievous spirit (which is a more modern-day-friendly way of saying 'fairy' (these entities have always been with us and shamans know about them.) Sounds like the latter to me. Usually they are found in nature but can appear in old houses (or homes on certain properties.) But maybe they might attach themselves to certain families too.



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2
 


I suppose that would depend on where you were astral traveling to.

Definitely research the subject, I'm sure you will find plenty of information and probably some experiences that mirror your own.



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2
 


I do have Celtic blood in my family, and when naming my son I was drawn to the name Kael very deeply and have never been able to explain it. The hiding part is significant to me because of my last experience with her in that house. I was 19 at the time and my (then friend) future wife had moved in with us to escape a bad family situation. I gave my future wife my room and slept on the living room couch instead. I slept really well on the couch and was always comfortable and well rested. Of course, as was seemingly tradition, my wife fell down the stairs and like most others had no idea why. It upset me because she was a guest and I wanted to protect her in my home, but I really didn't know how to do so.

That night I went to sleep on the couch and nothing seemed abnormal, until I had the strangest "dream" I've ever had. In my dream I woke up at what appeared to be right before dawn, where there was hazy light filtering through the windows with no direct source. I tried to get up to use the restroom but couldn't seem to move. I wasn't restrained out anything, it was like my body just refused to move a muscle. I layed there, annoyed but not scared and suddenly noticed a woman in her 60s or so standing over me. She laughed at me about how I was just laying there unable to do anything.

The next thing I know she's telling me how she's going to make me suffer like she did, I'll never forget her words out what happened after that. She said to me "I know you love her, I'm going to take her away from you. There is nothing you can do to stop me, the next time she comes down the stairs will be her last." I tried and to struggle, I tried to fight, but no matter what I did I couldn't get up. I just couldn't move and I got madder and madder, I felt a pressure build up inside me. The more she laughed the angrier I got and the more I wanted to protect my friend. As that pressure kept building inside me, head to toe I felt like I was going to explode, and then I did. I can only describe it as a blinding yellow light, it erupted from my chest and blinded me, I assume it filled the room because her laughs turned to screams and then silence. I remember after that waking up, drenched in sweat, at 2 pm in the afternoon. I was exhausted like I had been working out for hours and I could not get enough sleep over the next week. No one fell down the steps though after that, at least not that I had heard till about 12 years later when my son fell and told me what he did. I've never known what to make of the yellow light, whenever I hear about people being saved it's about white light. I do know that I did love her, and still do, we have 4 wonderful children and she is the sunshine in my life.



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
Hello again LoneCloudHopper2!

I understand exactly what you mean about the episodes of "not being" so to speak. Here is a link to a post I had made trying to find input to what I was going through and if anyone else experienced similar episodes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In my case, there was so tunnel so to speak, but it was as if I were pure energy. It felt so freeing and peaceful as it happened but "the coming back" part was very frightening in that it felt so abrupt being slammed back into awareness of being in body. Wierd to describe and also uncomfortable to admit something so "out there".

Another similarity is when I was younger I also felt colors. I would spend hours drawing and coloring totally immensed in my artwork. It was alive to me and the colors would almost call to me and I'd absorb their essence. Some of the drawings would be random shapes and blending of colors across a page. I know exactly what you meant with the music in your description.

Are you by chance an empath? Actually, I can tell you are but do you know that you are? Might be something to look into if you are not too familar.

I agree with DarkBlade that it would appear to be OBE of some sort. I don't know exactly how to put it into a precise label, but it was more of being reduced to pure energy and absorbing or maybe reducing existence into a core state of being. The shock would be the coming back to a dense physical body with limited senses.

Thank you so much for sharing. Its nice to know there are others experiencing things such as this which is so difficult to describe to others. In my case, the older I got and the more responsibilities that come with it lessened the experiences to where I very seldom if ever experience it anymore.


Responding to both your posts here and on the other page...

I was a big time visual artist. I started drawing as soon as I could pick up a crayon, before I could even walk. In fact it’s my very first memory! All through school I drew like mad. I wasn’t into coloring so much, so for me it was just seeing what shapes came into being. Some were cartoony, others dark and disturbing and others beautiful. But you rarely saw me without a pen or pencil. Often drew outdoors, even in the playground while the other kids played.

I’d be very modest about accepting a title like ‘empath’. When I was a child, I was certainly very empathic. But I was bullied a lot, mostly after the events I described above (and probably in part due to how distant I became after they happened.) I felt that everyone around me had armor that I didn’t have. I carried my heart on my sleeve and was very vulnerable to attack. I was hurt quite badly over the years, between gangs of bullies and general social ridicule and abusive teachers. It really numbed me, and to an extent I pulled back some of my compassion for them because it both hurt me and seemed unfair, as they often treated me so cruelly or coldly. It hurt because I felt their hurt like they did, on top of my own.

So yeah, I’m numb these days. Obviously I’m still a Sensitive, because I still see and experience things, but I’m not as perceptive as I once was. I still care for people, but I also keep walls up and I keep a certain distance. On a rare occasion, in a loose state of mind, I can turn to someone and accidently see them opened up to me like a book. I can feel their worries and sense their concerns (I don’t hear their thoughts, but I’ll just feel, through their emotions, what subject is bothering them.) That’s probably as best as I can explain that. I call it ‘feeling thoughts’.

Another thing: when I meet someone in person for the first time and I shake their hand, I often pick up on intimate secrets they have (but only in that initial handshake.) I might pick up that they beat their wife, or have molested children, or they’re racist, etc. It’s usually the ugliest aspects of them that grip me first. I have a friend who says he has the same knack. He’s a businessman and although he is a real Christian, he isn’t normally into the psychic stuff.

Thank you for sharing as well! It’s amazing how much your experiences remind me of my own...



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortchop79
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2
 


I do have Celtic blood in my family, and when naming my son I was drawn to the name Kael very deeply and have never been able to explain it. The hiding part is significant to me because of my last experience with her in that house. I was 19 at the time and my (then friend) future wife had moved in with us to escape a bad family situation. I gave my future wife my room and slept on the living room couch instead. I slept really well on the couch and was always comfortable and well rested. Of course, as was seemingly tradition, my wife fell down the stairs and like most others had no idea why. It upset me because she was a guest and I wanted to protect her in my home, but I really didn't know how to do so.

That night I went to sleep on the couch and nothing seemed abnormal, until I had the strangest "dream" I've ever had. In my dream I woke up at what appeared to be right before dawn, where there was hazy light filtering through the windows with no direct source. I tried to get up to use the restroom but couldn't seem to move. I wasn't restrained out anything, it was like my body just refused to move a muscle. I layed there, annoyed but not scared and suddenly noticed a woman in her 60s or so standing over me. She laughed at me about how I was just laying there unable to do anything.

The next thing I know she's telling me how she's going to make me suffer like she did, I'll never forget her words out what happened after that. She said to me "I know you love her, I'm going to take her away from you. There is nothing you can do to stop me, the next time she comes down the stairs will be her last." I tried and to struggle, I tried to fight, but no matter what I did I couldn't get up. I just couldn't move and I got madder and madder, I felt a pressure build up inside me. The more she laughed the angrier I got and the more I wanted to protect my friend. As that pressure kept building inside me, head to toe I felt like I was going to explode, and then I did. I can only describe it as a blinding yellow light, it erupted from my chest and blinded me, I assume it filled the room because her laughs turned to screams and then silence. I remember after that waking up, drenched in sweat, at 2 pm in the afternoon. I was exhausted like I had been working out for hours and I could not get enough sleep over the next week. No one fell down the steps though after that, at least not that I had heard till about 12 years later when my son fell and told me what he did. I've never known what to make of the yellow light, whenever I hear about people being saved it's about white light. I do know that I did love her, and still do, we have 4 wonderful children and she is the sunshine in my life.


Wow. What you are describing is a Succubus. They are a kind of vampiric female entity (attracted to men) who try to push away love interests who may be considered a threat to them. It sounds though you hit her with some positive light energy and have scared her away. If she is in the 'basement' though it means that she is still around, still a potential threat to those around you. If things get worse, you might want to speak to someone about this (a skilled medium or priest maybe.) I don’t mean to scare you, but she sounds like a dangerous entity to have around.

Kael is a very strong name. It is an ancient Celtic name. Possibly a name you had in a past life, or possibly the name of a an ancestor spirit who watches over your family.



posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2
 


I assumed he meant basement literally because below the stairs that go to the second story (where everyone falls) is the actual basement, actually they are the stairs that lead to the basement. It is my mothers house though and I don't spend much time there. Two interesting facts though, the walls of the basement are stacked red granite and filled with natural quartz veins. Growing up I had the feeling that quartz was a regulator of sorts, regulating the energy that is around us and perhaps allowing it to stabilize after death or even trapping it so to speak. Secondly, my nephew quite recently fell down the basement steps. After this I explained to my mother both what my son had said and what I had gone through years ago. She listened, believed me, and told me to never talk to her about it again because she doesn't acknowledge ghosts/spirits/etc unless they are good.



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Have any of your grandparents or parents ever spoken of "paranormal" experiences? Maybe the spirit could have been in your family for generations? Hopefully, your son has "tripped up" her hold on your house since she has relocated to the basement.



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much
 


While I suppose that's possible, it's my mothers house, not mine, I haven't lived there in almost 15 years. My grandmother is way to religious to ever talk about paranormal (she goes to church literally every day) and my mother refuses to talk about anything negative that may have ever happened in her life. She had told me though she believes she sees her father and uncle every day in the form of 2 crows that sit outside her work and caw "hello" every morning.



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shortchop79
 


That's interesting about the quartz. I have heard that they can attract spirits, but I don't know much about that. I know that they can be used to charge spiritual energy with (for cleansing or other practices.) A spirit might, in theory, use them for to empower her own energies. This could be why she's hidden in the basement (she may feel protected there.)



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shortchop79
 



It seems then that your family has had experience with the supernormal. It could be attached to the family. You should try to get them to open up more or just ask them if anyone has gone through or experienced anything like you have. Ask a yes/no question.



posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much
 


Will be an interesting topic for Thanksgiving, just found out it will be at my mothers house this year. Should be quite interesting all around I guess with lots of family and energy filling the house.



posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2
 


I've got a suggestion for you, man. It occurred to me right away as I read your description of how you felt. Have you ever heard of depersonalization?

Depersonalization - Wikipedia

Some of the symptoms of this psychological phenomenon fit what you described. Not the tunnel bit, however.



posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Reynolds
 


Thank you for sharing. Depersonalization sounds like a psychological perspective on occurrences similar to mine. Depersonalization disorder (“chronic depersonalization”) lists a number of traits which I had experienced at one time or another. In contrast, I usually have a very strong sense of self and place however (minus the spells (the “strange feeling.”) This subject actually reads like a psychological interpretation of a Sensitive.

A couple of differences. My childhood experience of out-of-body (or ‘depersonalization’) was when I was very little, since I was in diapers. In my earlier years I remember being quite happy and wasn’t conscious of any stress or trauma, so that part doesn’t fit. (And of course I wasn’t on any drugs or alcohol.) In my case, it was always that foreign sensation (the “strange feeling”) that brought it over me. Whether I had some unconscious stress or trauma or not, how would my forgetting about the “strange feeling” prevent depersonalization from occurring? Hmmm...

I’ve read a lot on psychology over the years, as I have on spiritualism and the supernatural. A shamanic awakening is interpreted by psychology as a “schizophrenic breakdown”, which I suppose it is: the ego splits so that the Spirit can rise from the shattered ego. After such an awakening, marriages almost always break apart. The shaman seems like a “stranger” now, as the old persona has been dissolved (somewhat or fully.)

It’s often the tendency of spiritualists to ignore psychology, as it may be for psychologists to ignore spiritualism, when in fact both have their relevance (and may often be strongly related.) A spiritual awakening (or shift of any kind) would be ‘depersonalization’ or ‘derealization’ from the psychological perspective. This is perfectly logical and applicable. It is not ‘normal’ for a person to experience any sort of out-of-body experience, therefore it would usually take something quite traumatic (or a strong drug) to cause this to happen, as the listed symptoms would indicate.

I should mention that many people have experienced OBE and there is actually a lot of evidence to support this phenomenon as real and not illusionary:

near-death.com...





new topics
top topics
 
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join