It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iran Conducts Missile Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Iranian Defence Minister Ali Shamkhani has stated through the student news agency ISNA, that Iran has carried out a new test of its Shahab-3 missile. The Shahab-3 is believed to have a range of at least 2,000Km. This missle is thought to be based on a North Korean design.

news.com.au
Steady progress made by Iran on its ballistic missile programme is a major cause for concern for the international community, already alarmed over the country's nuclear activities.

"We tested the range, the destructive capacity, the guidance system and its capacity to hit a defined target," the defence minister said, quoted by the student news agency ISNA.

"We invited all those who had doubts (over the missile) but there were no foreign observers," he said. "Some people had expressed doubts over the success of our (last) test (on August 11) ... so we carried out a new test."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

With concern already mounting on the steady progress of Iran's nuclear program, progress of it's ballistic missile program brings even more concern. Iran's Defence Minister Ali Shamkhani, states that they will not reveal the missiles range, but it is believed that the missile has at least a 2000km range.

Past figures of 1700km bring Israel and United States bases within range of the missile. The test of Shahab-3 was reportedly carried about with the presence of witnesses today.

Related News Links
turkishpress.com

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Clearly this is a thinly veiled threat to Israel and countries assets that are within its range.

This is an attempt to scare anyone one of from destroying its nuclear reactor.

Their point is if you do it, we will attack you back and we now have the missiles to do it.

I don�t think it will scare the US or Israel, I think Europe may be made more nervous having had their cities hit and damaged/destroyed in previous wars.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Further.

Based on the North Korean Nodong-1 and modified with Russian technology, the Shahab-3 was first deployed to Iran's Revolutionary Guard in July 2003.

Iran insists its missiles are for defensive purposes and would be used to counter an Israeli or U.S attack against its nuclear facilities.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If this IS a threat to the US, Israel and others then I think it may be futile. Israel is working with the US on their own missile shield, and they possess their own tactical high energy laser systems (although still in the experimental phase). Iran might be able to give Israel a black-eye or two, but Israel could probably reduce Iran to ash if they had to do so. Regardless, it would be a shame to see things go down that way

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Iran.............so whats the weather like around about May time???

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
ha,ha, ha, and the battler of wills goes on, Iran will have his nuklear power regardless of what US may think.

Iran is taking advantage of the busy elections in US and also that US has its hands full with the Irqi fiasco war, and is going forward in its goals.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Iran is taking advantage of the busy elections in US and also that US has its hands full with the Irqi fiasco war, and is going forward in its goals.

Well said marg

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
As soon as I hear a weapons capability report, I expect to read - "Oh yeah? Well, X country can wipe Y country off the map!" And of course, the "Then you don't know Y, cause it will kick X's arse!" I don't think this is the way to look at it. Ain't it dem fightin' words that gets us all in a war?

Talk needs to happen, listening even more, and understanding most of all. Even if they're blowing smoke, there's smoke before a fire. My greatest concern is when the world goes completely silent. It doesn't take many words to push a button. Time to go watch some more Dr. Strangelove...

top topics

join