It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wellhead blowout in gulf - breaking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut

BP is once again making headlines in the Gulf of Mexico, this time due to oil seeping from the abandoned containment dome used to help stop the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

Is this just a leak from the old spill.

On September 16th of this year, an oil sheen was discovered by BP near the Macondo wellhead after satellite images taken on Sept. 9th and Sept. 14th reveled the leaking oil. The sheen is approximately 50 miles off the coast of louisiana.

www.digitaljournal.com...

The article was writen two weeks ago.
edit on 5-11-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

No, it is supposed to be a new leak from a new well head located somewhere (unspecified) near the old B P Macondo site. Also, the article referred to in the video in the OP and linked to in the OP as well has a byline date of today Nov 5, 2012

On the face of it, but there is more,

www.globalresearch.ca...

Perhaps even more, and that the brown stuff be it oil or verbal has be ongoing throughout 2012.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Of course there is more, there is always more when someone rats out the government or the oil companies. But the new article does state that this is a new leak that has recently opened up. So we will have to wait and see which speculation turns out to be true. I, for one, would not be surprised to find out that it is all true. Not just a new leak but more than one old leak we have not been told about.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Of course there is more, there is always more when someone rats out the government or the oil companies. But the new article does state that this is a new leak that has recently opened up. So we will have to wait and see which speculation turns out to be true. I, for one, would not be surprised to find out that it is all true. Not just a new leak but more than one old leak we have not been told about.
I have been looking for more sources on this latest leak. I have been searching Louisiana news sites and nothing. I went directly to the NOAA site and couldn't find it. I first saw it mentioned on enenews- that site makes me leery. I like a more solid news source. I do recall the oil slick that appeared in October- it got no media play, totally hushed up. Depending on the size of this blow out, we may not learn more then what has been posted at this point.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

That's what I am talking about, there is leaking continuously reported through much of this year, March, April, May, August and October, and whatever I have missed, year of month since 2010. So not new.

There's more, the Met office here in GB gave up extended forecasting of weather in 2011, only to reinstate it this year, and are actually forecasting a severe cold winter for 2012, a no brainer if you already know that the Gulf stream, or for us, the north atlantic flow is still in diffs.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

Before It's News

HOWEVER, this source also contains a 'HAARP Status' image which makes it questionable...
edit on 5/11/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

No disrespect intended but "Before its news" = Sorcha Faal.

Dubious at best.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Enews has the same story. At the bottom of the article and in the comments section there are a ton of links...

enenews.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Was a map. See original article for map.

That site is doing something funny with the image request. Guess I will remove it.
edit on 11/5/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sorry roadgravel... was this what you wanted?

Originally posted by roadgravel

enenews.com...

edit on 5-11-2012 by intrptr because: link

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I am reading the data at that site.
I posted the map...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by Fazza!
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

Before It's News

HOWEVER, this source also contains a 'HAARP Status' image which makes it questionable...
edit on 5/11/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

No disrespect intended but "Before its news" = Sorcha Faal.

Dubious at best.

It's enews, anyway here is the NOAA link,

www.incidentnews.gov...

OIl spill, Latitude (approximate): 29° 5.00' North
Longitude (approximate): 89° 15.00' West

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
See also "Wellhead Release" thread in Breaking Alternative News posted by SWCCFAN

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
this is just speculation on my part....

the sinkhole and the collapsing salt caverns and possibly even this unsubsrantiated blow-out of a well are all connected to the subterranian damage done to the giant Macando geological formation by the big mistake with the Deep Water Horizon well in 2010

evidently theres a dome way down there that was ruptured by the deepwater fiasco of attempting to tap into a artery of Abiotic oil some 30,000 or more deep

an unnatural migration of the normally slower seepage into the strata that is nearer the surface is going on with far ranging methane outgassing all around the greater Macando formation and being seen at the distant 'sinkhole'

the whole quarter of the Lousiania 'heel' section of the States boot like shape is dangerously damaged under the surface

of course the fracking does not help, as the pressurized injection substance both pushes some oil or natural gas to the surface---it also pushes the oil & gas backward to the deeper sources of the fuel supply....

Hence there is enormous pressure building up under ground over 100s of thousands of surface acres and this causing the expansion of old & less open strata to be fractured and prone to act as pipelines for the oil & gasses to excape... both into older abandoned fields and even into fresh, virgin areas not ever known to contain any oil or natural gas reservoir and even escaping in the LA atmosphere

i sort of believe that the Lousiana area natural 'dome' is ruptured in several places and much of the present land area will 'sink',,, and in the North at the Great lakes the many salt caverns in stages of collapse will eventually develop into the Edgar Cayce prediction on the Great Lakes merging with the Gulf of Mexico (a little help by the New Madrid fault wouldn't hinder the collapse of the mississippi river system either)

all in all, i expect many different drilling site anomalies and earthquake calamities to be the new-normal for this State as the ground beneath their feet is deteoriating rapidly (well, geologically rapidly)
edit on 6-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Well,
In 2010 BP was actually drilling two wells A and B. Well B blew up, and well A had been previously abandoned after the drill hole was damaged. Some people are of the opinion that well A was/is also leaking, and that some of the dome capping video of well B was in fact of well A. This video explains how it was done, the sound quality is not good as the music is oversaturated so it is likely a second-hand copy, but you can get the gist of it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-11-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Cuba let China start drilling for oil in the Gulf near them. Imagine if they created a timed nuke to drop down their well and sealed it up with concrete. A month later their timer hits zero causing the pressure event that created the oilcano in the Gulf as well as fracturing the entire sea floor.....

Would they use such a crazy tactic against us? I'd say yes. There's no fixing what's been done.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So,
We have no precise location.

Unknown what the substance is.

No flow rates substantiated.

Are we sure that there is a leak?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I am also waiting a few more sources to confirm there is a problem. The source enews can not be the only source?
Any one else have mroe sources and precise location of Leak and what it is? Thanks in advance.

also note from what they say.

Note: Documents are posted chronologically and early reports likely contain factual errors. These errors may be corrected in a later report.

Source
edit on 6-11-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lurksoften
reply to post by butcherguy

I am also waiting a few more sources to confirm there is a problem. The source enews can not be the only source?
Any one else have mroe sources and precise location of Leak and what it is? Thanks in advance.

Read the link in my post, it is to NOAA, the notice is posted there, the leak was reported to them by the US coast guard, you have to presume they know what a spill or a blowout is. Nothing more has been added so far.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

Feds: Release of ‘unknown amount’ of ‘unknown substance’ due to ‘unknown cause’ off Louisiana coast — Helicopter investigating incident
(MAP)

Source

NATIONAL RESPONSE CENTER 1-800-424-8802
*** For Public Use ***
Information released to a third party shall comply with any
applicable federal and/or state Freedom of Information and Privacy Laws

Incident Report # 1029641

INCIDENT DESCRIPTION

*Report taken at 07:39 on 05-NOV-12

Incident Type: FIXED

Incident Cause: UNKNOWN
Affected Area: EAST BAY

The incident was discovered on 05-NOV-12 at 05:32 local time.

Affected Medium: WATER EAST BAY

SUSPECTED RESPONSIBLE PARTY

XX

Type of Organization: UNKNOWN

INCIDENT LOCATION
LAT: 29N 02' .745" County: PLAQUEMINES
LONG: 089W 17' .070"
State: LA
Latitude: 29° 02' 45" N

Longitude: 089° 17' 04" W
EAST BAY, BETWEEN SOUTHWEST PASS AND SOUTH PASS

CHRIS Code: UNK Official Material Name: UNKNOWN MATERIAL

Also Known As:

Qty Released: 0 UNKNOWN AMOUNT Qty in Water: 0 UNKNOWN AMOUNT

DESCRIPTION OF INCIDENT
CALLER IS REPORTING A RELEASE OF AN UNKNOWN SUBSTANCE FROM A WELL HEAD DUE TO AN UNKNOWN CAUSE AT THIS TIME.

Package: N/A
Building ID:
Type of Fixed Object: WELLHEAD
Power Generating Facility: UNKNOWN
Generating Capacity:
Type of Fuel:
NPDES:
NPDES Compliance: UNKNOWN

---WATER INFORMATION---
Body of Water: EAST BAY
Tributary of:
Nearest River Mile Marker:
Water Supply Contaminated: UNKNOWN

DAMAGES
Fire Involved: NO Fire Extinguished: UNKNOWN

INJURIES: NO Hospitalized: Empl/Crew: Passenger:

FATALITIES: NO Empl/Crew: Passenger: Occupant:

EVACUATIONS: NO Who Evacuated: Radius/Area:

Damages: NO

Length of Direction of

Closure Type Description of Closure Closure Closure

Air: N

Road: N Major Artery:

N

Waterway: N

Track: N

Passengers Transferred: NO
Environmental Impact: UNKNOWN
Media Interest: NONE Community Impact due to Material:

CALLER STATES THEY ARE SENDING A HELICOPTER TO INVESTIGATE.

Release Secured: NO
Release Rate:
Estimated Release Duration:

WEATHER

Weather: CLEAR, 60ºF Wind speed: 15 KNTS
Wave Condition: 1 SMOOTH ( < 1 FT)

Full Report

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
this is interesitng

top topics

<< 1   >>