It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Bayou Corn sinkhole explodes (Question)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Have been trying to find out whether or not I am in the red zone if the sink hole explodes with worst case scenario. If it does go with the force of 100 Hiroshima bombs will anyone survive or will it cause a nuclear type winter or even set off major EQs worldwide?

What could one do to survive it or would you even want to if you live in the US?

I tried to find one of those simulators to get the answer myself but they just confused me more, the most I could get on google maps nuke it was about a 350 mega ton explosion and that only traveled about 5 miles, I sense this would be much greater, even to the point of creating that new map we have all seen.

What got me onto this was a link from SQ:

Many May Die From NWO Orchestrated B.P. Gulf Disaster: Methane Mega Disaster In The Works!

politicalvelcraft.org...

Thank you in advance, this really has me on edge because it seems to connect all the dots of the big event all the 3 letter agencies seem to be preparing for. Almost as if Katrina, the devastating Tornadoes last year and now Sandy, are not what they are saving up for, so could this be it?

Please help me clarify as it is certain others are also wondering. So much new evidence/information on the saltdomes I can't even take the time to thread start about them as there must be threads with updates and the search engine is not helping me either in my panicked state.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
O wow is this so out there that not a single person can help me find the answers? It is hard to believe that no one knows how far the effects will be. I am no mathematician but if I were I could probably figure it out. Any insiders willing to give me a little preview of what has been studied and possibly prepared for?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I live just outside of New Orleans, in a place called Metairie, and I have to say I don't think anybody knows! This is something that has never happened before so people may come on here and guess but no one is going to be able to give you a clear answer.

I don't think wherever you live will be in the blast radius even if it does go up, I don't think I will be in the blast radius if it goes up.

But then I don't know!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well I'm about an hour and a half west of there. How close are you? I wouldn't suggest telling WHERE you are though.
I have a feeling that if it explodes, it would be more or less a giant flare out type of event due to lack of an oxidizing agent inside the dome. There would have to be some sort of injection of air to create an explosion.

I think if it collapsed and the cap structure fell in, it would displace the liquid butane and it would vent violently and evaporate into a volatile, oxidized flare until it reached equilibrium. It would probably still flare off for quite some time though. That's assuming it ignited as it started venting. The other really scary though would be a massive venting and accumulation of gas cloud in the woods and lo lying areas and THEN igniting. It would be a massive fuel/air bomb. that would rattle your house fo sho. Even still, it wouldn't likely ignite all of the product in the ground.

A good example of a gas cloud is when we are shooting a film in the woods, we fog it up with fog machines for visual effect. Inside the woods, the fog hangs and stays put, where as, the same fog blows right away outside of the wooded area. The trees just kind of hold it all together like a big air sponge.
edit on 5-11-2012 by wirefly because: forgot something.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There is a theory that Tunguska (spelling?) may have been caused by a massive escape of methane from within the earth that spewed high up into the atmosphere before something ignited it. We've all seen the devastation caused in that area, so I would imagine your biggest fear would be if that gas were to escape in the same manner.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thank you for replies, I have heard so many different angles on this it is hard to keep it all straight really.

I am in the middle of Mo. and yet hearing it could equal 100 Hiroshima bombs I just wonder if that would affect me? How big a radius would 100 Hiroshima bombs be?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
How big a radius would 100 Hiroshima bombs be?

That depends on how it explodes. If it happens below ground maybe not very big, but if it happened above ground it would be immense.
Dont forget. Paint your windows white and hide under the kitchen table.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

NO WAY!!! Then NOTHING would happen for sure and I would be stuck scraping and cleaning way too many windows...

Seriously the secrecy surrounding this leads me to think what I have since the first and that is the connection between BP disaster, radiation coverups and Fracking. It is a very bad combo and too much money sunk into the conspiracy to do anything preemptive about this, even real evacs, so perhaps let it blast away half of the country and get out of it for good even at the cost of millions of lives?

Not sure I worded that right, its election eve and I am feeling the negativity of a dark night.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
One more post here, ok so if Hiroshima was 350 mega tons and that reaches about 5 miles, and worse case scenario at Bayou Corn happens at 100times those numbers... what are we looking at?

Someone that does love math please do this for me. Now that does not mean it is what will happen, I am just curious to the impacted radius.

Once we figure this out we will look at those ranges with consideration of Nuclear plants, power Grids, and Earthquake vulnerability since New Madras and Calif are connected.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I personally do not think it will explode. I think that there are serious issues but I feel those articles that the sinkhole is basically an H Bomb are hype. Yes the sinkhole continues to expand and experts are unable to say where this will end. The media blackout or lack of reporting is very interesting. Either it isn't really news worthy or the implications are extremely worrisome to state and federal officials.

What worries me are the gasses. I read this: 1986: Hundreds gassed in Cameroon lake disaster Please note, I am not saying that this area is volcanic like what happened at Lake Cameroon but because of unknowns I do worry about a large release of gas harming people. Many may disagree but no one knows what will happen with this situation in the bayou.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I am in the middle of Mo. and yet hearing it could equal 100 Hiroshima bombs I just wonder if that would affect me? How big a radius would 100 Hiroshima bombs be?

Middle of Missouri??? Well, I would try to relax a little if I were you. I'll do you a favor, If it blows big enough to affect you all the way up there, I'll give you an advance warning You'll hear me screaming as I fly over when it blows my ass to Canadia!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

As I don't know where exactly you are in MO. i cant be spot on accurate but as a guess using columbia as a general spot mid MO. According to the stats you gave it would miss you by around 160 miles but that being said I think we would be F**ked anyway do to the very real possibility of it setting off the New madrid fault. fyi im in kcmo and ive been questioning the same thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There is an existing thread started by CajunBoy and titled "Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole" which may contain some of the information which you are asking for!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was trying to do the math and I 'think' it would directly affect a radius of about 500 miles. Not sure on the math according to the worst case scenario.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradox1121

Well I am closer to Springfield.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A recent video of flyover: And be sure to watch the video below as well.

An in dept round table discussion: "It's insane what we are looking at"

sincedutch.wordpress.com...

And YES active volcanoes are becoming involved!

climateviewer.com...

edit on 6-11-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The Assumption Parish sheriff stated that methane ignition and explosion are possible in the Bayou Corne sinkhole area, refuting naysayers about such an explosion and spotlighting grave human rights issues related to the "history-making event" and "environmental nightmare,’ according to a KLFY Channel 10 three-part special televised report aired Friday.

La. sinkhole methane explosion possible says sheriff, refuting naysayers

www.examiner.com...

Found this link from over at SQ
edit on 6-11-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Great you know I just saw his name and wondered why he had not stopped in!!

Here at ATS if something like this happens usually the OP of the other thread will come in and link or PM the Op of the other thread to theirs.

I will head over there now, thanks.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
reply to post by antar

I personally do not think it will explode. I think that there are serious issues but I feel those articles that the sinkhole is basically an H Bomb are hype. Yes the sinkhole continues to expand and experts are unable to say where this will end. The media blackout or lack of reporting is very interesting. Either it isn't really news worthy or the implications are extremely worrisome to state and federal officials.

What worries me are the gasses. I read this: 1986: Hundreds gassed in Cameroon lake disaster Please note, I am not saying that this area is volcanic like what happened at Lake Cameroon but because of unknowns I do worry about a large release of gas harming people. Many may disagree but no one knows what will happen with this situation in the bayou.

The Cameroon lake disaster was caused by a massive release of carbon dioxide. So there was no danger of an explosion. What did happen though is that since the lake was at the bottom of an inactive volcano cone the gas accumulated in the bowl the village was in and caused mass suffocation because it displaced the oxygen containing air. The Louisiana landscape is much flatter so there is much less danger of suffocation from the methane but the explosion danger from a large and sudden release still exists.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hello fellow bayou corne followers you may find this thread useful

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-11-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join