It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Sub Skirts Coast

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Trust me, I know that the USA has advanced undersea detection technologies. So do the Russians, the Germans, the Norwegians, the French, and even the Chinese.

I'm aware that we have a numerical advantage, but I am not convinced that we have an overarching advantage in all arenas yet. The Russians, remember, probably have supercavitating torpedoes at this time while it is unlikely that we do. They also have pretty advanced titanium hull technology which vastly reduces the magnetic signature of their vessels.

Anyway, I would rather underestimate our navy's technology than that of an adversary!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

I don't care if there were 20 levels. There does not exist a ship on this Planet that can transport 100,000 Soldiers. Even an Aircraft Carrier which the Nimitz Class are the largest ships in the World...only have crews of 5000.

To be able to carry 100,000 Soldiers and their equipment, food, water...etc. A Ship would have to be about a MILE LONG and a QUARTER MILE WIDE at a MINIMUM!

I have NO IDEA where you are getting the idea that a single ship could transport 100,000 Soldiers.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

I'm aware that we have a numerical advantage, but I am not convinced that we have an overarching advantage in all arenas yet. The Russians, remember, probably have supercavitating torpedoes at this time while it is unlikely that we do. They also have pretty advanced titanium hull technology which vastly reduces the magnetic signature of their vessels.

Anyway, I would rather underestimate our navy's technology than that of an adversary!

The US Navy doesn't have supercavitating torpedoes because they chose to go stealthy with their torpedoes. That gives them a much longer range, and they can sneak them in close to the target before going to their speed setting, and making a dash at the target.

The Shkval has a reported range of up to 15km (roughly 9 miles or so), where the MK-48 ADCAP has a range of 23 miles at 50 knots, or 31 miles at 40 knots.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It's simple. The Chinese Communists do not have to follow the same rules that the US does regarding health and safety.

And as I'm sure you know, water can be made at sea, and rice bulks up quite a bit. Making sure the troops are a little hungry before a mission is a classic battlefield motivational technique, as long as you're OK with looting and pillaging the enemy.

Yes, 100,000 on a supertanker converted into a troop transport isn't a stretch at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

An empty Super Tanker would not have enough Cubic area to hold 100,000 Soldiers even if they were laying on top of one another. It just cannot be done with current ships. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join