It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Justin Trudeau isn't for real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I've been saying this since he got into politics. "He'll be PM some day." I didn't know that day was going to come sooner than later. The Libs, Canada's party, is in the crapper right now, deservedly so. What if Justin took over leadership of the party?

With Justin Trudeau at the helm, the Liberals could instantly bounce from political ignominy to a majority government if an election were held tomorrow, according to new Forum Research poll commissioned by the National Post.

“The ‘Trudeau Effect’ has proven itself as a real phenomenon, and it appears to be growing, not going away,” said Forum Research president Lorne Bozinoff.

In an election tomorrow, the Liberal party would capture a slim majority of 160 seats, pushing the Conservatives into Official Opposition with 104 seats and leaving the NDP in a distant third place with 42.

news.nationalpost.com...

With the old guard out Canadians WILL look to the Libs again if they have a strong candidate. Let's see if Stevie's Cons can pull the smear campaign tactic against Justin.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I don't think he has what it takes. I think he's just a pretty boy to get the libs back up. The Liberals and the conservative have to take a back seat for the next 40 years. They have way too much power and just like in the US they have coalesced in one big political party, The Libervatives IMO.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I thoroughly wish them luck digging up dirt on Justin Trudeau.
Kid's squeaky clean IMHO, and you can't grab old mud from his father's time to sling at him.
If anything he learned from Daddy's mistakes and is all the better for it.
I'd just love to see him pirouette Pierre style in front of the queen.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Beware of Justin. He's smart and strong. His party told him where to run when he first got into politics. He basically told the party, "F you. I'm doing it my way." Then he won. In a separatist riding. I know there's a lot of Canadians that love/hate Pierre. He's his fathers son but he's his own man. If he has his smarts with his father's balls he'll be PM for a long time.

I won't be voting for him though. My Conservative MP is one of the best in parliament. Mike Chong should be the leader of the Torys. Not the abortion we have controlling the country now.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
He's handsome and straight forward. He'll go far.

"So, Mr. Tredeau, how do you feel about your fathers stance on heathcare".

"Listen. I had nothing to do with it, I was 4 years old back then. Stop asking my ridiculous questions."

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

That kinda sounds like his father.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'll be keeping my eye on him just out of curiosity.I saw a video of a conspiracy theorist who cornered him after a press conference and point blank ask him about water fluoridation. He tried to shrug him off with a fence post answer.
I look at it this way...and I don't delve too deep into politics...
It matters not whether Liberal or Conservative are running the show because each has it's own set of BS, no matter what poster boy they use. Same as the US. Pick a side and pick what problems you want to live with.
Either way they have the NDP pointing fingers and finding fault and I suppose that's why I have never been of the red or blue frame of mind. Just give me an alternative to the constant tennis match..cause it's old and boring.
If I had to choose by individual, not party, whom I believe would have been a decent leader for Canada...it would have been the late Jack Layton. God rest his soul.

new topics

top topics

join