It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CALLING all Kiwi's and Ozzies!! Who do you think SHOULD be the next American president!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

Serious thread. As we have a growing number of Kiwi and Ozzie ATSer's here, I thought it might be of interest to our American ATSer's to see and read the views from Kiwi's and Ozzies about who WE think your next President should be. I might be fun, it might go nowhere !! You don't have to be politically minded (because I certainly am not ) Either way, at the very least our American friends will see how WE down under view their upcoming election through our eyes looking in.

Please, no views from the Americans, grab a coffee and watch this space
) only those from NZ or AU.

Couple of questions to get you started - not that you need to follow this format.

1. Who would you like to see elected and why?
2. What is to be gained?
3. Why not the other guy?
4. Anything else to add

Okay, I'll start.

I think OBAMA should be president again - because he hasn't had long enough to effect BIG changes. He inherited a wad of problems and has steadily worked his way through it all the while trying not disrupt his and any other countries economies in the process.

The next four years in my opinion will be a period of stablisation for the Americans under OBAMA now that the tough periods of a world recession and threats of WW3 are slowly being resolved. He hasn't had long enough to implement the full suite of changes that his people and the world can all benefit from. Based on this, i think that OBAMA should be President again.

ROMNEY will have to start all over again and I don't think it's in the Americans best interest to have to go back to square one.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tawewe

2. What is to be gained?
3. Why not the other guy?
4. Anything else to add

1. Ron Paul, because he is a straight shooter (compared to the current choices).
2. Reinstatement of respect.
3. They are both muppets, I mean puppets - ahh you know what I mean.
4. Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's like asking who should be the Captain of the Titanic before it sets sail. Irrelevant in the big picture.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Zaphod Beeblebrox should be elected, because although he would have no real power to change the country, he would attract attention and divert people from asking the question of who's *really* in charge.

oh, wait...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Only OBAMA and ROMNEY??? whaaaat thats a sucky election

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
Only OBAMA and ROMNEY??? whaaaat thats a sucky election

Now you know how a LOT of us feel

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think OBAMA should be president again - because he hasn't had long enough to effect BIG changes.

The fact you think Obama actually does anything besides read off a prompter and smile really hurts me inside.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yes these polls/threads need the disclaimer: "Ignoring the fact that the President has no real governmental power..."

new topics

top topics

join