It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God vs Mammon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Alright I'll get straight to the point. Let's say everyone in the world followed the path of Jesus. Loving, Giving, Caring, etc... If this were true would there be a need for money?

I see money as a control device for the "carnally minded" (as Paul describes it).

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

Jesus was a communist. Go figure?

What's a Mammon?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Material wealth and greed.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

What's a Mammon?
in communism isn't there a government? in the type of society i'm talking about there would be virtually no need for government nor laws for that matter. the people control everything because there's no need for useless things once you have love at your core.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012

What's a Mammon?
in communism isn't there a government? in the type of society i'm talking about there would be virtually no need for government nor laws for that matter. the people control everything because there's no need for useless things once you have love at your core.

There do not really have to be a goverment except the esensial like health care/police(peacekeeper)/firemen/education. The communism that have been implemented (soviet) is a duality driven power pyramid just like its counterpart capitalism (in the US). You can build communism based on democratic equlity where the people decide locally and allow differences between regions and freedom to go where you want. And not have poleticians or any other powerhungry manipulative fool telling you what is right.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
yes, the name 'commune-ism' is purposely deceptive

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Money is a control construct much the same as organised religion. Designed to keep in place TPTB.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Mammon is referred to in the New Testament to describe material wealth or greed, most often personified as a deity, and sometimes included in the seven princes of Hell. Thats the wiki.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Alright I'll get straight to the point. Let's say everyone in the world followed the path of Jesus. Loving, Giving, Caring, etc... If this were true would there be a need for money?

I see money as a control device for the "carnally minded" (as Paul describes it).

God's will is to give and receive. To give, you must first earn what you pass forward to others. Suffering is required to gain something by work and effort.

The will of the thief is to take. Taking reward leads to suffering rather than what I just described by giving and receiving.

If you smoke, you get cancer. This is because you took a reward that was not earned and taking reward leads to a debt to be paid by suffering. The universe will not let you off the hook. We are trillions in debt because we are thieves.

If you work a job and suffer the labor, you earn money that is given to your family. If a society that does this, there is a surplus beyond anyone's inability to work. Those who suffer forward have plenty to pass along to those who need to receive. With no thieves, there is no debt. Everyone benefits from what is passed on by those who earn the gift.

Here's your sign that the MoneyChanger's tables are turned for good.

What is God's word to us on this?

Isaiah 9

2 The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of deep darkness
a light has dawned.
3 You have enlarged the nation
and increased their joy;
they rejoice before you
as people rejoice at the harvest,
as warriors rejoice
when dividing the plunder.
4 For as in the day of Midian’s defeat,
you have shattered
the yoke that burdens them,
the bar across their shoulders,
the rod of their oppressor.
5 Every warrior’s boot used in battle
and every garment rolled in blood
will be destined for burning,
will be fuel for the fire.
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

edit on 5-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

So why does God need money then? Because apparently he does! Just look at the Vaticans influence over the millenia. Why does an omnipotent deity require currency???

Whats the deal he can create the multiverse but he just cant do ££££ $$$$???

Just asking.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

What's a Mammon?

There do not really have to be a goverment except the esensial like health care/police(peacekeeper)/firemen/education. The communism that have been implemented (soviet) is a duality driven power pyramid just like its counterpart capitalism (in the US). You can build communism based on democratic equlity where the people decide locally and allow differences between regions and freedom to go where you want. And not have poleticians or any other powerhungry manipulative fool telling you what is right.

A good book for anyone who has this nieve of an outlook on communism should read the black book of communism and read how the collective few dealt with the non compliant of Russia and other countries when they got in the way of collective communism.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There would be no need for money if everyone followed Jesus' true path, unfortunately most people choose the wrong path and some are even born on that wrong path. Jesus was strongly against wealth.

Matthew 19:23-24
And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

The church, who supposedly lives by what Jesus taught, is tax-exempt. They make billions of dollars in donations per year and are worth billions yet they don't want to pay taxes because they think it will hurt the exercise of religion. That's a lie, they just want more money.

How does something that it worth so much get you into heaven? Jesus was against rich people yet some of the richest in the world run Christianity. That's definitely not a coincidence in my opinion.
edit on 5-11-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What's a Mammon?

Mammon is who many contemporary Christians worship unknowingly.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

In a perfect world, there would be no death and no need to eat or sleep, which is how it will be when the curse on this world is lifted. So in that respect no, money wouldn't be needed. Money is just a way to obtain what you want or need but when you want for nothing and need nothing, there is no need for money and cash, gold, silver, diamonds, precious stones and platinum will be totally worthless. Money is a control device, but no more different than lack of knowledge or education, all those things control you. With no money and no education you are largely considered worthless by the world at large.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

"In a perfect world, there would be no death and no need to eat or sleep"

I like the above activities aside from death of course. Jesus ate and slept, where do you get the notion that this will not continue in the next verse? What about the tree of life? Its got fruit. I can see me having a bite or two of them apples! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm knowledge, yum yum.

What about sex, do we atleast get to participate in this activity?
edit on 6-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

God's will is to give and receive. To give, you must first earn what you pass forward to others. Suffering is required to gain something by work and effort.

The will of the thief is to take. Taking reward leads to suffering rather than what I just described by giving and receiving.

If you smoke, you get cancer. This is because you took a reward that was not earned and taking reward leads to a debt to be paid by suffering. The universe will not let you off the hook. We are trillions in debt because we are thieves.

If you work a job and suffer the labor, you earn money that is given to your family. If a society that does this, there is a surplus beyond anyone's inability to work. Those who suffer forward have plenty to pass along to those who need to receive. With no thieves, there is no debt. Everyone benefits from what is passed on by those who earn the gift.

Here's your sign that the MoneyChanger's tables are turned for good.

What is God's word to us on this?

Isaiah 9

2 The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of deep darkness
a light has dawned.
3 You have enlarged the nation
and increased their joy;
they rejoice before you
as people rejoice at the harvest,
as warriors rejoice
when dividing the plunder.
4 For as in the day of Midian’s defeat,
you have shattered
the yoke that burdens them,
the bar across their shoulders,
the rod of their oppressor.
5 Every warrior’s boot used in battle
and every garment rolled in blood
will be destined for burning,
will be fuel for the fire.
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

edit on 5-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Acts 20:35 It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Jesus gave freely expecting nothing in return.

People expect to receive for their giving which i believe is a stumbling block in the progression to being spiritually minded.

The house that has been built is built upon sand. Sometimes it takes something drastic to happen to change people when they don't heed to instruction.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

In a perfect world, there would be no death and no need to eat or sleep, which is how it will be when the curse on this world is lifted. So in that respect no, money wouldn't be needed. Money is just a way to obtain what you want or need but when you want for nothing and need nothing, there is no need for money and cash, gold, silver, diamonds, precious stones and platinum will be totally worthless. Money is a control device, but no more different than lack of knowledge or education, all those things control you. With no money and no education you are largely considered worthless by the world at large.

There is no need for those things. You do not need those things to prolong your stay here.

new topics

top topics

join