It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh God, please don't let Romney win!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
It's really hilarious how non-Americans like to lecture Americans about how stupid, ignorant and gullible they are, while at the same time, the same non-Americans fall for the ridiculous propaganda coming from their own media, as well as Obama and the American left, about how wonderful Obama is, and how much "he cares." Haha, what a joke.

Good one! You got me back, and what you say is true to a degree for sure, but I'm not actually endorsing Obama, only suggesting that an opposition vote against Romney is equally powerful, or maybe not equally but powerful nevertheless.

You don't even have to be pro-Obama to vote Obama and influence the election in that way, and yes it's the lesor of two evils what are YOU to do?

edit on 5-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
You don't even have to be pro-Obama to vote Obama and influence the election in that way, and yes it's the lesor of two evils what are we to do?

We?... You are Canadian so YOU have NOTHING to do about U.S. elections...

You keep on showing that you want to influence Americans to accept YOUR views on OUR elections...
edit on 5-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

"We" as in people in general, since you don't really have an array of choices.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

"We" as in people in general, since you don't really have an array of choices.

No, those of us who are not blind can clearly see what you meant... You do want to influence U.S. elections, just like "the international observers" are also trying to affect U.S. elections...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
No I'm just alerting you as to the predominant view of the rest of the world, in the hopes yes that you might factor that into the equation, to take a look at things from an outside observers perspective. We're really quite on edge about it and glued to our seats, maybe even more than the average American.

We're all just people in the final analysis, communicating.

I'm entitled to my POV, and I've already made it plain that that's all I'm offering. For pete's sake it's just text on a screen you don't have to read it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Fear not, neither Obama nor Romney will be Potus! They will both go down in the annuls of history as the worst terrorists in the history of mankind.This will be their legacy!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Both parties have hurt the country with this election,neither side wins.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by nancyliedersdeaddog
I feel sorry for anyone who has a small business or anyone trying to start one.

Let's make up a hypothetical scenario:

Someone is unemployed and wants to establish his own business. Romney is the new president. The person, belonging to the 47%, might need assistance to start his business.

What will Romney do?

Has he some plans, eg. loans/financial support etc. for the ones who need it? Oh wait. He doesn't. Not only that, he is more likely to see the unemployed as a leech and cut off even the last remainder of the help he had, for example food stamps, welfare etc.

Now the unemployed is REALLY screwed. Now tell me how it will help him to establish a business?

Edit: Or for that matter, tell me ANYTHING about Romney's plans how he will support small businesses or those who plan to establish one.
edit on 5-11-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

I never said I was a Romney supporter and have you seen the books of regulations for small businesses? Here are a few links on how Obama has hurt small businesses.
Link
2nd link
3rd Link

It's funny you brought up welfare because I have a funny story, I just hired this guy to do some work at my house and I was talking to him for alittle bit yesterday and he was telling me that him and most of his friends turn down or quit their part time jobs since he wouldn't qualify for most of his government benefits he has now, how sad is that? The sad thing people get content with government benefits and they would actually hurt themselves if they go back to work and I know not everyone getting benefits is like that. I'm just looking at the shape small businesses have been under Obama and what he's done and it's bad, if i'm not mistaken the number of new businesses started per year has dropped by 100,000 under Obama. I never said Romney is the missah only I feel sorry for small business oweners and understand their outrage.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Fear not, neither Obama nor Romney will be Potus! They will both go down in the annuls of history as the worst terrorists in the history of mankind.This will be their legacy!

Actually, that spot has already been reserved by Bush and Cheney. They could be the 2nd worst terrorists in the history of mankind though, as appropriate.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think a more appropriate prayer would be this:

I pray to God that in His wisdom He will deliver us the president who will be inspired by Him to do His Works and bring glory to His Name.

Amen
edit on 5-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Once can always tell a low information voter because they yammer a lot, insult people, and are devoid of anything relevant.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It's funny you brought up welfare because I have a funny story, I just hired this guy to do some work at my house and I was talking to him for alittle bit yesterday and he was telling me that him and most of his friends turn down or quit their part time jobs since he wouldn't qualify for most of his government benefits he has now, how sad is that? The sad thing people get content with government benefits and they would actually hurt themselves if they go back to work and I know not everyone getting benefits is like that. I'm just looking at the shape small businesses have been under Obama and what he's done and it's bad, if i'm not mistaken the number of new businesses started per year has dropped by 100,000 under Obama. I never said Romney is the missah only I feel sorry for small business oweners and understand their outrage.

You know what's funny. Right now and for the next month I'll be sleeping in a youth hostile while I am actively plotting, and working (just around the block in my reppectable job as a corporate recruiter) to build, on a part time basis starting in 2013, the next big Internet empire, for real, and I'm very serious about it and know I have a winning formula.

In Romney's 47% worldview, such a thing isn't really considered possible.

The American people have and can do the impossible, and it doesn't matter who's POTUS from that perspective.

Small business is based on an idea, hard work, and in some cases, a loan. Banking reform, to take a good look at their lending practices and ensure that everyone gets a fair shake, that might help in the formation of small business, because the new businesses of the technological age, they'll be based on innovation and ingenuity and they won't be the traditional "bricks and mortar" businesses of days past, and neither should average american Joe be a slave to "the man" or just the man with all the gold, and nor should he have to.

It's two totally different Americas.

In which one might I thrive in my situation, with little cash and a great idea and the will to see it come to fruition?

I don't see it in Romney's economy, which is top down, whereas the best things are all bottom up.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

THANK YOU FOR SEEING THE LIGHT, that sadly many American's do not see! I am praying along WITH you!

If Romney wins, lock up your borders and protect yourselves, cause we here will be completely doomed!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetChild
reply to post by loam

Once can always tell a low information voter because they yammer a lot, insult people, and are devoid of anything relevant.

I see your point! I agree, "once can" !

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am sorry for that last post. I have a problem with degradation, whether attempted or successful. This is not the way we communicate with oneanother unless we are low life politicians!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I just shake my head in sadness for the future of america since I know Obama's going to win. I don't even know what to say other then I feel sorry for anyone who has a small business or anyone trying to start one. It's sad when the majority of my friends out of college are lucky to have a #ty job with most of their money going to paying back school loans, i've had better luck but i'm very worried about my future and america's future.

Yes, but don't you see that that's all just speculation.

Things were pretty damn good in the 90's if you'll recall.

Wait'll you see the small business I'm going to start based on a wonderful idea I have, it will blow your mind.

This is the Internet age and the age of computer networking. Anything's possible and we aint seen nuthin yet.

As far as I can tell, we are, North America and the Global Economy, perched at the cusp of a very long and gradually sustained period of economic recovery the likes of which the world hasn't seen since the Industrial Revolution, or maybe since the 50's anyway. A new world, a new history, a new age.

There's no going back and Romney doesn't represent change for the better. Do you really want to unleash those corporate pigs on the public trough yet again, do you? while they in their greed get to lead in more ways than one the economic recovery that is already COMING regardless of what anyone does or doesn't do?

We had the dot-com boom in the 90's which is huge factor, the economy should get better and it should be in alot better shape then it is but we need to stop doing alot of things we have been doing. Do you reallhy think Obama and his cronies aren't greedy? Obama keeps telling us if we do that this great thing will happen and it doesn't. The sad thing is some very smart experts are thinking things might get worse in the future and Obama isn't addressing the issue and i'm scared because they were right back in 08. Obama has vague answers for very important issues or he's just repeating what he said back in 08. I voted for Obama back in 08 and was sold a huge bill of goods and false promises and won't make that mistake again.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
No matter who wins We will hate Him within 6 months

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If Romney wins congress should just stay homr because he is gonna send their jobs overseas. the fact that he did that to his own state should keep people from voting for him.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You know what's funny. Right now and for the next month I'll be sleeping in a youth hostile while I am actively plotting, and working (just around the block in my reppectable job as a corporate recruiter) to build, on a part time basis starting in 2013, the next big Internet empire, for real, and I'm very serious about it and know I have a winning formula.

The American people have and can do the impossible, and it doesn't matter who's POTUS from that perspective.

I admire your optimism, in fact I'd be interested to talk/PM with you about your idea. I started being an active internet marketer some years ago, I know a lot about marketing, website design, search engine optimization. While not "rich"...I managed it to become an independent entrepreneur making all my money online. So yes, this can work If one is motivated and optimistic. The internet is LIMITLESS in how you can be successful, and most of it doesn't cost anything to get started.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Small business is based on an idea, hard work, and in some cases, a loan. Banking reform, to take a good look at their lending practices and ensure that everyone gets a fair shake, that might help in the formation of small business, because the new businesses of the technological age, they'll be based on innovation and ingenuity and they won't be the traditional "bricks and mortar" businesses of days past, and neither should average american Joe be a slave to "the man" or just the man with all the gold, and nor should he have to.

It's two totally different Americas.

In which one might I thrive in my situation, with little cash and a great idea and the will to see it come to fruition?

I don't see it in Romney's economy, which is top down, whereas the best things are all bottom up.

Best of luck to you,your new business, and the crazy amount of regulations! Obama stands for man being slave to the man with the gold and the man is the fed. It's great you support Obama and his $789 billion economic stimulus plan, NDAA, patriot act, cash for clunkers, adding a huge amount of debt, big gov, obamacare (the people who voted for it don't even understand it fully), bush tax cuts, bombing Libya, lying about transparency,didn't reduce earmarks to 1944 levels, bailouts, failed green energy companies, and he has no idea how to stop jobs leaving america but I'm not. I'm glad I've been lucky so far with great career since my school and fraternity have amazing alumni, privileged life, able to go to college, being good at my job, and a loving family but most of my friends haven't been as lucky as me and are pretty much forced to go to grad school. Wait till you start making some good money and see how much goes to taxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join