It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh God, please don't let Romney win!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You want a WEAK America .. One you can control.. NO THANK YOU .. we need A STRONG America one you and ever other country are AFRAID TO SCREW WITH.. SO stay over there on your own land.. with your own health care plan...

“Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our
insanity. 'Patriotism' is its cult... Just as love for one
individual which excludes the love for others is not love,
love for one's country which is not part of one's love
for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship.”

― Erich Fromm, American Psychologist

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

I'm not disagreeing with anything you put in your post, but the reality is, if Romney is elected, there will be an economical bounce. The economy is false anyway. The pure rhetoric and hope from his campaign promises will cause a bounce in the economy that will last through the end of January. Of course it is all just pie in the sky, and it will come crashing back down, but it will have a temporary impact.

The same for an Obama re-election. The blue-collar backbone, and small to medium businesses will immediately contract in preparation for the coming healthcare implementation, and hiring will freeze, and investment will stop temporarily. Of course, once we get into January-February and people have a better idea what to expect, things will get back to some kind of normalcy.

As far as KKK rioting, there are a lot less of them, than there are black people, but that statement was sarcasm in the first place. I'm not really worried about riots from either side. I'm more scared of the lawyers and the SCOTUS than I am the rioters.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yes, let's have Obama win! That way after another 4 years of Obama destruction 80% of the population can be on food stamps and there will be no middle class! Only rich and dirt poor. That sounds fantastic!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There is virtually no difference between the last two years of Bush43 and the four years of Obama

WTF?!? Have you been paying attention?!? Look at where our economy and housing went then, and look at the market now.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by FlyersFan

There is virtually no difference between the last two years of Bush43 and the four years of Obama

WTF?!? Have you been paying attention?!? Look at where our economy and housing went then, and look at the market now.

Uhhh. Where?

Look at where we went then, and look at where we are now. OK, did that, we crashed, we bounced, we've stayed flat, and we're waiting for the double dip to hit. Current administration has printed enormous amounts of money to delay the second dip, but its still looming just over the edge there. We're paddling and paddling and bailing water, but the waterfall is looming ever closer.

Obama's actions have been successful in delaying the inevitable, and he is probably secretly hoping to lose the election so the repercussions fall on the shoulders of the Republicans, LOL!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Please do elaborate more on this 'Obama destruction' and how Romney can fix it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Yes, let's have Obama win! That way after another 4 years of Obama destruction 80% of the population can be on food stamps and there will be no middle class! Only rich and dirt poor. That sounds fantastic!

That's the kind of absurd hyperbole which is worrying the rational faculties of the rest of us.

Dude. We're entering into a period of recovery, one that I am convinced will be the longest sustained period of growth (however gradual it may be) since the industrial revolution.

Obama's only problem is his inability to sell the American people a new vision that everyone can agree upon and buy into.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

So, despite that there are expert economists saying that the chances of a double-dip recession are unlikely, with the New York Fed even putting the odds at 1 in 167, you are completely convinced that it will 'inevitably' happen.

Do you have anything concrete to base your opinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

Why don't you elaborate on what 'Plan B' is and how that is better than Obama.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
For all those who love the US war machine and feel the need to spend more on it, don't worry, it will be the last part of the country standing. it's purpose will be to assure that so called ex US global corporations have their policies for the world enforced.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider

I'm not disagreeing with anything you put in your post, but the reality is, if Romney is elected, there will be an economical bounce. The economy is false anyway. The pure rhetoric and hope from his campaign promises will cause a bounce in the economy that will last through the end of January. Of course it is all just pie in the sky, and it will come crashing back down, but it will have a temporary impact.

The same for an Obama re-election. The blue-collar backbone, and small to medium businesses will immediately contract in preparation for the coming healthcare implementation, and hiring will freeze, and investment will stop temporarily. Of course, once we get into January-February and people have a better idea what to expect, things will get back to some kind of normalcy.

As far as KKK rioting, there are a lot less of them, than there are black people, but that statement was sarcasm in the first place. I'm not really worried about riots from either side. I'm more scared of the lawyers and the SCOTUS than I am the rioters.

As far as small businesses they can receive waivers or credit for monies spent for the first two years.
If small businesses ( true small business not the ones making billions) suffer this is the only disadvantage I can see in the healthcare act. However many small businesses offer insurance already so it will not be a problem. I was thinking what happened to the small businesses that were ran by family members? If we stuck to the old rule of opening a business to provide employment as well as support for our family the healthcare act would be meaningless. Besides that you make valid points that I wholeheartedly agree with.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Some day, and within the next two years I aim to create a new type of corporation which will turn the old kind on it's head and trump the likes of Trump in the process, or in the words of Proverbs "heap burning coals on their head".

It's true that it's unbalanced to presume that whoever is elected president of the USA can solve the problems we all face, but I just don't want to see things devolve back to anything even remotely resembling the Bush/Cheney years, which was an absolute disgrace for the USA and which almost brought the country to its knees.

I've heard it said that virtue may be defined as power, restrained. Thus, during Rumsfeld's "shock and awe" campaign in Iraq, the virtue of the so-called "indespensible nation" was dispensed.

The very character and heart and soul of the nation was all but ripped right out, but now we see the beginnings even if only a faint glimmer of the US as it was in the 90's before everything went to hell in a handbasket as a direct and sole result of the global black-op psy-op known infamously as 9/11.

I intend to do my part, but for God's sake my American friends wake up and give your head a shake. Don't buy the propoganda or drink the coolaid.

Again, I'm not endorsing Obama here in this thread, only begging you not to be as stupid as you were when you went ahead and RE-ELECTED Bush/Cheney for a 2nd term, upon which the corporate pigs really dived into the trough big time, and now here we are just coming out from under the damage caused and you want to go back because the Obama administration didn't fix everything in four years?! C'mon, don't be absurd.

edit on 5-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Obama's actions have been successful in delaying the inevitable, and he is probably secretly hoping to lose the election so the repercussions fall on the shoulders of the Republicans, LOL!

In reality it's not funny. True statement but not funny. Those that research and know the true state of things are well aware that our economy is screwed. The only thing that could save the economy is the abolishment of the Federal Reserve. So you are right the collapse of the economy is inevitable. The only reason I would want to be President at a time like this is for the secret service to protect my family when the shtf.
edit on 5-11-2012 by FreebirdGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Oh GOD let Canada fight a civil war so the strong ones can direct their country away from a police state like we have to.And kindly inform the world we will vote for whom we damn well please they have no stake unless the wrong candidate perpetuates the destruction of the republic and thus the world.....which by the way may happen no matter what,so we may have to fight.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Hey New,
What the hell guy ? I thought you were one like me who knows for a fact it doesn't matter who wins ?

Now let me read your thread.

It's scary

?
My good man , without being here and being under the gun as my countrymen and I are. And with Canada being one of the best places in the world to be right now ? Both logistically and politically as well as in other ways ?
I'm afraid you have no idea how scary things are.

From where I sit, your post doesn't make any sense except to the degree that you've identified yourself as a conservative.

Then again, Obama didn't actually repeal any of the crazy laws and executive orders enacted by Bush/Cheney under the guise of fighting terrorism...

That said I honestly think that Obama and Biden really do want to expand the middle class and fight for economic social justice and equal opportunity.

It's hard to tell what's real and what's hyperbole, but I know what this Romney character represents and it's ugly and gives power to all the wrong people, when real and lasting performance arises from the ingenuity and perserverence and hard work of the middle class.

Just the very idea of all these corporate moguls back-slapping on yachts while writing checks to Romney to the tune of millions or even tens of millions is sickening to me, given what we've just come through or are slowly emerging out of.

Do we really want to suffer the consequence of all those corporate pigs and Wallstreet smartasses all running back to the trough..?

Do the "ruling elite" class really give a #? Do they care one iota about the mutual best interests of the whole nation? Gimme a break.

edit on 5-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The odds of what you're talking about are not in your favor. Go have a look at what the majority of economists are saying (people that HAVE done research and even received Nobel Prizes). The odds are that we will NOT suffer a depression, just slow and steady growth.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Me, a conservative ? And perhaps the post wasn't complicated enough for you to make sense of it.

Quite simple really. I don't believe in this gov. enough to vote for anyone. Never have. Never will. The last person to run that I could have seen myself voting for was named Kennedy. Vote ? I'd rather drink turpentine and pee on a brush fire. Can't believe you don't understand that your worries aren't effected by which puppet gets dangled in front of you.

edit on 5-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

It's just me...but people on food stamps, able to eat, sounds BETTER to me than ignoring them and call them leeches... And the big diversion with a very few rich and a lot more poor is already here. Today and right now. Do you think Romney will shrink this gap? If so, how? What are his plans? Elaborate!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Me, a conservative ? And perhaps the post wasn't complicated enough for you to make sense of it.

Quite simple really. I don't believe in this gov. enough to vote for anyone. Never have. Never will. The last person to run that I could have seen myself voting for was named Kennedy. Vote ? I'd rather drink turpentine and pee on a brush fire.

couldn't agree more and old mittsy would just bend us all over in a new kinky kind of way, you know the kind of dude he is and i doubt he would use lube, on purpose.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Gotcha, that makes sense, to a degree in so far as you have the power to vote and could cast a vote in opposition to the type of corporate greed run amok that generated this mess in the first place.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join