It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh God, please don't let Romney win!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hey...how ya liking your Healthcare up there in La La Land?

Our healthcare is first rate, although here in British Columbia it costs about $50.00/month whereas in Ontario where I'm from originally, it's 100% free. Taxes are slightly higher than in the US, but when we graduate people from our superior Education system here they can actually spell and talk intelligibly on a whole host of issues and neither are we prone to trying to win an argument by ad hominem attacks!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So when will we find out the result/outcome? (I'm PST here in Vancouver, BC)

Prayers...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Good to see the rednecks know how to use a video camera.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

A superior education system that is vastly better funded than the train wreck we have here in the states. An education system that doesn't water down the curriculum to increase graduation rates but instead ensures the students learn and want to succeed.

However, it is not very accurate to compare the US with Canada due to the vast disparity when it comes to population.

And some of us Americans can read and write quite well... even those of us from the South. Yeehaw, buddy!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

HilARious!

Sad however the degree to which the wedge of opposition can be driven with unending messaging and propaganda straight into the brainstem to produce not thoughtful consideration, but only RAGE.

It's both funny AND sad at the same time.

edit on 6-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The problem is that Romney is just as bad as Obama, it is a pity the election system in the US is so corrupt that the other parties do not stand a chance, what about people like Gary Johnson or Jill Stein ?

They have not even been on any of the debates, over here in the UK we have only seen them on RT (Russia Today).

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The illusion of choice continues to be perpetuated throughout all facets of the all encompassing government-media complex. The puppet-masters continue to pull all the necessary strings in order to retain complete control over everything that goes on while still maintaining the illusion that we the American people have "chosen" this path.
This ensures them that the masses or us, will constantly be fighting with each other instead of unifying and coming to the realization that a vote for D or R is a vote for the same party in the end. This sort of fractally errant logic is exactly why nothing ever seems to get any better. It's because it was designed that way. Time to wake up guys.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
The problem is that Romney is just as bad as Obama, it is a pity the election system in the US is so corrupt that the other parties do not stand a chance, what about people like Gary Johnson or Jill Stein ?

They have not even been on any of the debates, over here in the UK we have only seen them on RT (Russia Today).

A third party will split the middle within two election cycles, first by focusing on the most contested swing states in a typical two party showdown, and then, by becoming the viable alternative TO the two party system which EVERYONE is totally fed up with.

All "we" (you) would need would be the right leader and I'm just not sure that Jesse Ventura, however boldly outspoken really qualifies for that top spot.

Rand Paul maybe..? He's already a favorite among the Tea Party.

I'd call it something like "Progressive Conservative" framed by a totally moderate platform (so there goes the T-Party idea! lol).

How hard IS it, to get on the ballet in all 50 states?

And as for DEBATES - we'll juist hold them on the Internet instead and screw the MSM which evermoreso is no longer relied upon as the sole source of all information relating to the world around us, and it's certainly not a "trustworthy" source (CNN is NOT "the most trusted name in news").

Split the middle, and voila, a THREE PARTY system.

Get it done - after all, I'm just a Canadian eh, and so it's up to YOU guys, as American citizens, to get something going along these lines and break the BACK of the two party system in the process (OMG wouldn't THAT be something!).

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by Starwise

Seriously StarWise---

These presedential candidates talk, talk, talk on camera and on mic all day long. They are under great pressure contstantly, and in the public eye.

They are going to flub from time to time. Or say something in the wrong way or with the wrong levity

You probably do it all day long. We all do.

But to actually base who you are going to vote for based on one sound bite...well, I'm totally incredulous.

How irrational.
edit on 6-11-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

It was mostly a joke...get a sense of humor

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Hi, I'm a Canadian citizen so I'm not voting, but I think I express the international sentiment well when I say that we are very concerned about how close this race is, and how close the USA is from potentially bringing back the Bush/Cheney era crazies like Condi Rice (who sat beside Romney during the GOP convention), deregulation, military-inductrial buildup and all manner of crony-capitalism. During the Bush Jr. years, is was like losing an old friend, and now we've seen that friend returning, however slowly the comeback has been. I am aware of the Romney campaign torture memo and it just sent shivers down my spine that one of their first priorities is to bring back the kind of thing that the devil, if there is one is known to specialize in (torture).

We, the citizens of the world want a moderate, friendly and benevolent America, not a domineering one, and we're a little freaked out over just how close this race is, and to be honest, we're at a bit of a loss as to how it could even be that close to begin with.

Romney's a Mormon who ran a "rigged game" at his company Bain Capital, and while that's considered by some to be good business it really doesn't add up to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. Regarding his Mormonism and what I've learned about it, that too just creeps me right out the idea of that church being tied right into the highest office in the land.

It's scary - so I'm asking for God to inform the minds of the American people to choose yes what is probably the "lessor of two evils", but by God how stupid can the American people be to think that Romney has the best interests of the average American Joe at heart. He's a big business, ruling elite, crony-capitalist in a stuffed suit, who will cowtow to the lowest demoninators in terms of ruling elite special interest and he's on record stating that a two state solution to the M.E. problem is utterly impossible and hopeless while siding exclusively with Israel. And to top it all off, he's not even that smart from what I can tell.

Please oh God help keep the world safe from the kind of America we witnessed during the Bush/Cheney years, and please keep our individual and collective mutual best interests safe from the pilfering of the rich and greedy. Amen.

edit on 5-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

You make a good case of why Canada should be annexed. On a side note I now know how people in Countries that the USA supported dictators feel, as Obama tried his darndest to act and be a dictator. If your a prime example of your country men and women, I would gladly enlist if war was ever declared against the inbred cousins to the north.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
You make a good case of why Canada should be annexed. On a side note I now know how people in Countries that the USA supported dictators feel, as Obama tried his darndest to act and be a dictator. If your a prime example of your country men and women, I would gladly enlist if war was ever declared against the inbred cousins to the north.

Awwwwes! So hard done by, arent ya?

Someone pisses you off, your first reaction is to act violently towards them, going so far as to suggest war, death and annexation. Funny thing is, i usually stand up for Americans here on ATS when people blame them and the jews for all the worlds problems. But you however are a shining example of why the world has such distain for your kind.

Typical.
edit on 6-11-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

How precisely did this mess happen in the first place? Anyone here ever heard of something called the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933? No I didn't think so.

Funny how you conveniently leave out exactly who Glass and Steagall were. Here, let me help you out with that. It was Senator Carter Glass (D) Virgina & Representative Henry B. Steagall (D).

They were the Congressional sponsors who were both Democrats! So now we really know how and who got us into this mess in the first place, now don't we now?

Yuh know, You Canadians and your slobbering love affair with Obama is sickening. This guy is just another Bankster puppet. If he's such your HerO then you guys can have him after we hand him his walking papers tonight.

Course, I hear he wants to be the next Kofi Anan after he loses so you might be SOL. ~$heopleNation
edit on 6-11-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koros

Originally posted by Power_Semi

It didn't look very tongue in cheek to me, and he didn't wait for a laugh, there was just a couple of embarrassed laughs from a handful of people.
It doesn't matter if you found it funny or not. If you honestly think that Romney believes that plane windows should be able to open, then I worry for your own mental well-being.

You didn't find it funny, but that doesn't matter. It is painfully obvious that he was attempting to make a joke. It may not have been a particularly funny joke, but it was a joke nonetheless.

Oh I found it funny alright, but I was like all rational minded people who could see he was serious, laughing at him.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Hi, I'm a Canadian citizen so I'm not voting, but I think I express the international sentiment well when I say that we are very concerned about how close this race is, and how close the USA is from potentially bringing back the Bush/Cheney era crazies like Condi Rice (who sat beside Romney during the GOP convention), deregulation, military-inductrial buildup and all manner of crony-capitalism. During the Bush Jr. years, is was like losing an old friend, and now we've seen that friend returning, however slowly the comeback has been. I am aware of the Romney campaign torture memo and it just sent shivers down my spine that one of their first priorities is to bring back the kind of thing that the devil, if there is one is known to specialize in (torture).

We, the citizens of the world want a moderate, friendly and benevolent America, not a domineering one, and we're a little freaked out over just how close this race is, and to be honest, we're at a bit of a loss as to how it could even be that close to begin with.

Romney's a Mormon who ran a "rigged game" at his company Bain Capital, and while that's considered by some to be good business it really doesn't add up to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. Regarding his Mormonism and what I've learned about it, that too just creeps me right out the idea of that church being tied right into the highest office in the land.

It's scary - so I'm asking for God to inform the minds of the American people to choose yes what is probably the "lessor of two evils", but by God how stupid can the American people be to think that Romney has the best interests of the average American Joe at heart. He's a big business, ruling elite, crony-capitalist in a stuffed suit, who will cowtow to the lowest demoninators in terms of ruling elite special interest and he's on record stating that a two state solution to the M.E. problem is utterly impossible and hopeless while siding exclusively with Israel. And to top it all off, he's not even that smart from what I can tell.

Please oh God help keep the world safe from the kind of America we witnessed during the Bush/Cheney years, and please keep our individual and collective mutual best interests safe from the pilfering of the rich and greedy. Amen.

edit on 5-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

Are you American, what's your nationality, and is this to be taken by us as a declaration of WAR for having an opinion or a viewpoint, gee are things THAT bad and is that where we're at and what it's come to? I sure hope not, I hope you don't speak for the rest of our American friends and neighbors to the south.

And we already did that back in the war of 1812. Been there done that got the t-shirt. It was Canada vs. the USA and we won!

Just kidding around.

Some of you need to chill out, and put on something other than an American flag.

We LOVE you, this is what you can't see, and here you want to make war upon us while volunteering to step up to the line and bayonet me personally for simply having a strong viewpoint. Don't you see how ridiculous and absurd that is?!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
Oh I found it funny alright, but I was like all rational minded people who could see he was serious, laughing at him.
There is nothing rational in your thinking.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

How precisely did this mess happen in the first place? Anyone here ever heard of something called the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933? No I didn't think so.

Funny how you conveniently leave out exactly who Glass and Steagall were. Here, let me help you out with that. It was Senator Carter Glass (D) Virgina & Representative Henry B. Steagall (D).

They were the Congressional sponsors who were both Democrats! So now we really know how and who got us into this mess in the first place, now don't we now?

Yes, they were the ones to champion the legislation to regulate the banks and ensure that lending institutions could not also be brokerage houses at the same time. Those were the people who put the wall in place which Bush/Cheney lifted - in response to which the pigs all went straight to the trough.

edit on 6-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Hey neighbor. Let's go for a beer

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Please stop talking. People around the world already think that all Americans are war-mongering morons, and you are certainly continuing that stereotype. It is people like you who give this country a bad name.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Don't worry Romney is a great puppet.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

A human puppet. What a horrible thing! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! Poor Romney if he DOES win!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join