The Step Child

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How do you cope with an evil child that’s not yours, a child that the other father didn’t want, the child that you have basically raised and cared for?

I finally realized the meaning of ‘treat them like a step child‘, or, ‘I get treated like a step child‘. I think step kids are evil, and come from the abyss of hell. I think having step kids is a curse for the woman or men you didn’t stay with, and should have been with before you acquired the woman or man with the extra evil baggage from hell.

Step kids are a headache ,and they need to be treated how they act.

edit on 5-11-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
And what would that solve?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

I'm sorry you're having problems with your step child, but chances are you could be having just as many problems with a child bearing your DNA. By the way, ALL children are evil!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I see step-children from a different point of view. I think of them as challenges. And I ask myself...how are they treated by their other caregivers? What negative situations have they been through that they many have not been able to talk about. In other words; what is making them tick; and why are they acting out as they do.

I believe in compassion and love with boundaries. I believe in forgiveness and instruction on the right way to do things...I believe in communication...everyday to build trust so that they will eventually know they can come to me and tell me anything and get help; that I am their safe person who really cares.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Are you being serious? Step kids are a headache and should be treated the same way they act? I am a step mother to a now 16 yr old boy...came into his life at 3 and his mother has not been around much in those 13 years so it is a different situation vs. coming into an older child's life as a step parent. I am the only real mother he knows and he was so young when i came into his life, we have not ever dealt with the "you're not my mother, I hate you" BS. BUT, I think it is incredibely cruel and ignorant to say they are evil and deserve to be treated poorly as a way of getting back at them.

Not sure what your situation is, but please, don't do any more damage to this kid (or these kids) than what has already been done by the splitting of his/her parents. Just try to do the best you can with them, show them as much love as you can and be there for them. They need the support even if they aren't willing to show they appreciate it just yet. Someday, they will grow up and understand what you did for them as a step parent and it is a great feeling. Or, you can keep being an a-hole and screw them up even more and be hated by them for life.

Your choice.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

How do you cope with an evil child that’s not yours, a child that the other father didn’t want, the child that you have basically raised and cared for?

I finally realized the meaning of ‘treat them like a step child‘, or, ‘I get treated like a step child‘. I think step kids are evil, and come from the abyss of hell. I think having step kids is a curse for the woman or men you didn’t stay with, and should have been with before you acquired the woman or man with the extra baggage.

Step kids are a headache ,and they need to be treated how they act.

Yeah I remember taking a shovel to my Step Dad...go ahead treat them like a step child instead of human being with love who may know they were not wanted. Treat them as lesser person because their parent(s) are idiots and then remarried an idiot. Treat them as a curse and a blight and as something not precious as a life...

How would it make you feel to be unwanted? It is not the child's fault some Moronic parents brought them into this world and then some MORON married them again!

Or you could treat them with respect as a person who needs to learn and grow, as a friend and mentor.

One of the greatest influences on my life was an Uncle not even a blood Uncle who treated me with respect and dignity, with discipline as well as kindness. I respect this more than any Biological parent because everyone was once a child which is only a person still learning.
edit on 5-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

link   
How well you are bonded with the child ? What you give to the child emotianally it reflects back.. Kids are mirrors !

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
And what would that solve?

What would what solve ?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I'm sorry you're having problems with your step child, but chances are you could be having just as many problems with a child bearing your DNA. By the way, ALL children are evil!

lmaf,All children are not...your right.. have to agree!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow, lucky woman that married you!

Glad my husband is a great man. My youngest was very difficult, and it wasn't easy on either one of us.
If you have patients and kindness, you can make it through to the other side.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Makes me wonder what they are writing about you on facebook.....

Des

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Makes me wonder what they are writing about you on facebook.....

Des

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

My step daughter dropped out of school at the age of 15, and that was 5 years ago, she’s 21 years old, no job, and no motivation, and thinks she can bring her boyfriend in my house and have sex.
We got into it 2 weeks ago really bad and she hasn’t been back since, her priorities are f&^%$# up and I’m not the one.

TextI believe in compassion and love with boundaries

The boundaries have been infiltrated,enough is enough.
‘Go play with your father that has never taken care of you because your going to respect me in my house’
edit on 5-11-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That poor step child has a serious problem, its YOU!!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by caladonea

My step daughter dropped out of school at the age of 15, and that was 5 years ago, she’s 21 years old, no job, and no motivation, and thinks she can bring her boyfriend in my house and have sex.
We got into it 2 weeks ago really bad and she hasn’t been back since, her priorities are f&^%$# up and I’m not the one.
‘Go play with your father that has never taken care of you because your going to respect me in my house’

Well...now that you explain things better. Fair enough, she's an adult. Your house, your rules.

Des

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

She is in legal age, its her business now. Step away... let her learn something. Of course its not her territory .. the house i mean. Tell her to get her own life.
edit on 5-11-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You need to get in touch with Manhater she rants about how evil kids are all the time! Of course I think she just Trolls on that one...LOL

A 21 year-old is not a kid. And I am sorry but you either accept it happening in your house or don't. After 21 if they cannot respect the rules in the house then they are shown the door. I signed an agreement with my Uncle, I would get free room and board if I kept going to school, got good grades and was home weeknights before 10:30.

I messed up a lot because I came from a broken home, and many times that contract was re-negotiated. But one time I did finally break it I moved out. But I grew up shortly there after on my own and learned a lot!

If you cannot sit down with a 21 year old and rationally talk out living arrangement you are just as much to blame, that or a troll...
edit on 5-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenMindedMommy

Are you being serious? Step kids are a headache and should be treated the same way they act? I am a step mother to a now 16 yr old boy...came into his life at 3 and his mother has not been around much in those 13 years so it is a different situation vs. coming into an older child's life as a step parent. I am the only real mother he knows and he was so young when i came into his life, we have not ever dealt with the "you're not my mother, I hate you" BS. BUT, I think it is incredibely cruel and ignorant to say they are evil and deserve to be treated poorly as a way of getting back at them.

Not sure what your situation is, but please, don't do any more damage to this kid (or these kids) than what has already been done by the splitting of his/her parents. Just try to do the best you can with them, show them as much love as you can and be there for them. They need the support even if they aren't willing to show they appreciate it just yet. Someday, they will grow up and understand what you did for them as a step parent and it is a great feeling. Or, you can keep being an a-hole and screw them up even more and be hated by them for life.

Your choice.

I have no problems with my step son or my other step kids,just this older grown one that thinks shes grown with no job living in my house.

TextOr, you can keep being an a-hole and screw them up even more and be hated by them for life.

I honestly and truly don’t give a flying f*&^ about a grown ass child that’s 21, she’s not a child, she’s grown, so F*&^ her, her feelings and how ever she feels about me. I raised her for 15 years, I did the best I could do, I have my real kids to worry about, she can go back to hell for all I care.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
At 21, all you can do is explain the rules, and hopefully be there to help her when she does wise up.
For a different reason, but I had to do that with my son at 17. (the booting)
He is now 20, back at my home and I am cautiously optimistic. In fact, his step father is more trusting than I at the moment. And he had the most damage done to his stuff.

And I know myself, and others may not have come down so hard on you, If you would have posted the age and circumstance in the OP.
edit on 5-11-2012 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Two nights ago I made a thread after being hurt deeply by my now former step parent. I asked the mods to delete due to it being a four in the morning emotionally charged post, but is basically directed at someone who had taken the same attitude towards me that you have taken towards your step child, and it is pretty painful being on the receiving end. Sure, I probably gave him a lot of grief when I was a teenager, but he was the closet thing I ever had to a father and whether he knew it or not I loved and idolized the man. Unfortunately for me, he never saw me as anything more than the "step" child.

What I am trying to say is, no matter how difficult that step child may be right now, yo have no idea what is really going on in their head, and you may be the one person who can really make a difference in their life, for the good or the bad. It all depends on you, as you are the adult.

I honestly and truly don’t give a flying f*&^ about a grown ass child that’s 21, she’s not a child, she’s grown, so F*&^ her, her feelings and how ever she feels about me. I raised her for 15 years, I did the best I could do, I have my real kids to worry about, she can go back to hell for all I care.

Wow, if I wasn't in my 30's I would have to ask if you were my step parent because that is almost word for word what was said to me. It almost killed me. It still hurts and seeing someone else write this about their step child....

Just because we are adults doesn't mean that the potential damage you could do is any less.

15 years? That means you were a significant part of her life for the majority of her life.

YI am just going to stop right here before i brake the T&C, I am so angry right now I am shaking.
edit on 5-11-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join