It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: Colorful Tarantulas Found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Are they all edible?
All I can think about is 'bizarre foods' and many south east asian countries serving them up wholly fried with red and green thai chillies

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Nice, but I still don't want one crawling on me.
I let them be, when I see them in my house because they kill other insects, although my cats are more efficient at exterminating unwanted house guests.

This reminds me now. A few hours ago I found a black plastic one from Halloween, I picked it up to put away but must have dropped it. It looks real. It's going to scare whoever sees it now and that will probably be me.

That reminds me of Halloween last year. I had put some fake cob webs up with a giant stuffed tarantula in my front yard. One night, after coming home from a movie, my husband walks up to the front door and says, "I didn't know you put another spider decoration on the front door." I smiled at him and said, "I didn't." It was a real one, and a pretty big one too. We left it alone, and gently closed the front door. The next day it was gone.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I saw a blue tarantula at the zoo this summer. Even got to touch it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ohh this thread reminds me of the film Arachnophobia en.wikipedia.org...
I think there is something in the genetic memory theory for so many people to have a fascination or be terrified by spiders. I don't buy the speed, creepiness, movement argument as there are other insect species that don't bother me at all - see a spider out the corner of your eye and you get the feeling it's watching you :p

Perhaps a very long time ago, it wasn't dinosaurs but spiders that ruled the earth !

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Are they all edible?
All I can think about is 'bizarre foods' and many south east asian countries serving them up wholly fried with red and green thai chillies

I'm pretty certain that if you cook all the irritating hairs off, they are all edible. I've never had one but I'd like to, scorpions reputedly taste very good as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
i remember seeing the first one a few months back appearing randomly in northern india, it caused a lot of problems, im not quite sure if it was the first one but it resembles it very closely. great post! i hate spiders

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I love this stuff. Thankyou.
S&F

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

F+S

I love spiders thanks for the pics

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>