Photos: Colorful Tarantulas Found

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Kill it!
spiders are horrible creatures. Im sorry but they are.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Disco Spiders!!

My favourite disco spider is the singapore blue tarrantula.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It appears that the Goliath Tarantula can help alleviate a rodent infestation:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I just watched that short video, thanks. I had no idea a tarantula bite is no worse than a bee sting and that no one has been killed by a bite. I guess I always thought, "the bigger they are the worse the bite/venom."

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I always assumed they were deadly until I had someone tell me that they were not , I doubted them so I looked into it myself and found out I was wrong. The tarantula in the video is quite the critter and it would certainly take a while for me to get used to being around it.

I was amazed how it used it's web as a sensor/trip wire to kill the mouse. There was also a video of a tarantula that eats birds on youtube but I liked this one better.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Eeeegghsheeh...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
As nice looking as they are, there are a few things to be stated:

The collectors are a good and a bad thing. They are a good thing, as any endangered species can be brought back, but on the flip side they can do alot of damage if they try to get ahold of these new species.

When it comes to spiders, my view point is this:

If it is outside, it can live and do what it wants. Helps keep the pest population down. But don't come in where I live, cause that is grounds for a can of raid and a lighter. (White or dark meat anyone?)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Random thought, I wonder how different they would look if you were to somehow shave them.
edit on 5-11-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I plan on showing this thread to my extremely arachnophobic girlfriend. I can't wait to see her reaction

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I would love a big, hairy spider as a pet in a large aquarium type setup.

ooooooo the ladies would love it!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

Random thought, I wonder how different they would look if you were to somehow shave them.
edit on 5-11-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure what they would look, maybe it would kill them? I don't know for sure but I imagine it could be a possibility.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm from Adelaide, South Aus. and we get our fair share. Some get to live. Some get relocated. Some get destroyed. The Red Back is the one that get destroyed followed closely by the White-tail. Huntsmans stay. Black house spiders get relocated. Daddy long legs are welcome any time.

I love how when someone walks through a spider web, no matter who it is, they all of a sudden know Kung Fu.

edit on 5-11-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

wonder what it looks like under ultraviolet light?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I feel the same way! Tarantulas are fuzzy! Not as scary and creepy as those skinny legged things that make me break out in cold sweats.

But I will say this.....I lived in an area with tarantulas, and I would watch them walk, and it was the walking that freaked me out....the thought of something with that many furry, scratchy, legs slowly walking on my skin is enough to make me want to go take a shower right now.

Yes...I would say I have arachnophobia.

I do think it is amazing these guys were discovered, I hope as well they are not wiped out. I have a very healthy respect for what spiders do for the ecosystem. I just do not want them anywhere in My ecosystem!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
So which of these beauties won the Miss Arachnid 2012 contest in the end

(Great pics, spiders are just so fascinating)
edit on 5-11-2012 by Tidnabnilims because: unco-operative emote

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I let the spiders and geckos stay where I live as long as they are not white tail necrosis spiders or redback If they are bigger than my palm I will tupperware container them to outside. Its not the big ones you have to worry about.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by viperdave
I have an agreement with all the spiders in my house, "as long as you guys don't crawl on me you can stay!! But if I feel you on me, you will be crushed!!"

So far it's going good, only a few have broken the agreement !!! LOL

That's basically my approach. Hang out in the corner, do your web thing. When you're gone, and cleaning the web away. But if you crawl near me when I'm in bed, you're history.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I really can't stand spiders but I do respect their usefulness. Outside they're fine and I'll even let them make a few webs right inside the house but when they try to creep into where I relax and sleep that's when they've got to go.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I never thought that I would ever say that a tarantula is beautiful, but I can safely say that looking at a picture.

I don't ever want to admire their beauty close up and personal.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
very cool, i have kept a few tarantula,s..15 at 1 point..lol, i now just have 2 babies, those new ones look very simular to avicularia species..as far as the illicit trade goes it is a concern for sure..alot of tarantulas have been over harvested for the pet trade but now there are alot of breeders so there is a good market in baby t,s..but they take some time to grow and may live up to 30 years..long term relationship..lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join