It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Death Bed, confesses to murder, but .......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A man from Nashville thought he was about to die. Going through a heart attack, he figured he only had a few moments left in his life so he decided to confess to a murder he committed back in 1995.. Unfortunately (or fortunately) for him, he survived and everyone then knew he almost got away with murder.

The Nashville man, in prison on an unrelated sentence, made what what he thought was a death bed confession when he suffered a heart attack, admitting to the murder of Joyce Goodener on July 5, 1995, according to WSMV. Washington believed he wouldn't live to face the consequences. Turns out, he did. Prison guard James Tomlinson relayed Washington's confession in court. "He kind of got as best as he could, motioned, and said, 'I have something to tell you. I have to get something off my conscience and you need to hear this.' He said, 'I killed somebody. I beat her to death,'" Tomlinson told the jury. Washington tried to take back his statement after he survived the heart attack, but it was too late. He was found guilty late last month and now faces a life sentence, the Global Dispatch reports. Washington's confession puts him amongst the likes of Geraldine Kelly, Tor Hepso and Henry Alexander, who all confessed to killings on their death beds. These killers, however, passed on shortly after clearing their minds.

Laying on your "supposed" death bed can do funny things to you. In the end it seemed he would confess to this crime at some point, he wanted to wait till last moment before he croaked (to clear his conscience) but god decided to play a little prank on James himself...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Lol, good for him, Karma's a b!tch

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
Lol, good for him, Karma's a b!tch

Don't you love when sad stories have happy endings

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
He probably was holding on to the guilt and suffering and learned a lesson from this.

Compassion is garbage to most people now, they don't care if the person was "young and stupid" or "learned the lesson and will never do it again". There is no forgiveness.
edit on 6-11-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join