It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Man Charged with Hoarding Gas in Home Depot Buckets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
If he wants to base jump, or take drugs, or erotically asphixiate himself, I don't care, but if he does it in a manner that affects his neighbors, and the other people on the highway, then it is the government's role to set standards and try to enforce those standards.

I would much rather be on the road with him than someone that was on drugs, drinking, or on a cell phone while driving.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

True, me too, but those things are all illegal as well.

Drive-thru Big Macs are still legal though, and have you ever tried to drive with one of those things in your face? I think Big Macs and sleep deprivation are worse than alcohol and cell phones.

In fact, maybe the drugs should be legalized! Truckers used to be very good at getting just the right combination of drugs to drive 20+ hours without falling asleep. Sleepiness is more dangerous than alcohol by most studies, but we can't get the good stuff, and we can't even get ephedrine these days.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm kind of split on this issue. As with the tranny-in-the-locker-room there are some great points on both sides of this issue.

Sure, regulations are there for a reason, and this (in my humble but reasonable opinion) is something that doesn't seem a huge deal to look the other way when it's one guy with a milk jug in a disaster... but rolling down 80 miles of highway with this much "unsecured" (legally, properly) gas does seem a tad risky.

I really dislike seeing spurious, frivolous arguments in debates like this, though. Why does that seem to happen so often? I understand the regulations for long-term residential storage of fuel... but what does this have to do with anything seeping into drinking water? Sure, that's an good example of why we need fuel-container regulations, but an example which, IMO, bears no resemblance to the present issue, unless this stuff were planned for long-term storage.

Also, to darkhorse, ephedrine, contrary to common belief, is NOT illegal in the US. It is only illegal to sell diet supplements containing it, or supplements with HERBS containing ephedrine (for example "ma huang") however, in most places it is still sold without prescription (as a bronchodilator for asthma), albeit with strict regulations. Where sold it is kept behind the counter and you must provide ID, which is recorded, and your name then goes on a DEA list. There is also a limit, of course, toward how much you can buy per month. Federal limit, I believe, is 7 or 9 grams per month, per person. Though I can imagine someone buying the maximum amount consistently would likely get attention from the Feds-- which is, of course, the reason for the regs.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
"Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err."- Mahatma Gandhi

This man didn't do anything wrong, he was stopped because something wrong might have happened if he continued on his way. It's possible that you might fall and hit your head on the ground while walking, And what if you flail your arms when you fall and hurt someone else? That seems very likely, now it's not just about you, others are at risk. Therefore, you should only be allowed to walk if you are wearing federally mandated helmets. So says I, the defender against future crime. You're welcome.
edit on 5-11-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join