It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Murphys Law, Mercury Retrograde & Tomorrows Presidential Election**

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You have heard the term Murphy's Law right? Well I expect that today and tomorrow will be quite maddening with the coming election tomorrow.

I have found some interesting articles written in the language of astrology. No, don't leave, bare with me as I will attempt to translate what it means for this election and process.....
IT IS quite maddening!

Mercury in Astrology rules what?

Mercury, the messenger of the gods, is the ruler of Gemini and Virgo. Mercury is the messenger in Astrology as it is in Mythology. It is the planet of day-to-day expression and communication. Mercury's action is to take things apart and put them back together again. It is an opportunistic planet, decidedly unemotional and curious. In modern times, we tend to "meet" people's Mercury first. Many people make a connection for the first time through e-mails, for example. Mercury rules whether we are flowery in our speech and/or written words, concise in our choice of words, or business-like even in our personal communications. Mercury not only rules communication, it represents coordination. Thought processes, ideas, and sensory information from both unconscious and unconscious sources all need to be coordinated and understood. Mercury analyzes, sorts, groups, and makes sense of things. How does we handle nervous energy? How do we express and convey our thoughts? How do we approach others and information in order to learn and exchange ideas?

source

So now that you know some of the actions of Mercury, lets examine its influence as it passes through the Sun sign Sagittarius. This is just an excerpt :

Mercury in Sagittarius espouses freedom of thought; at least, they try. They are optimistic and look to the future. They have big ideas and mean well. Vision is their strong point. Details are not. They have a great thirst for knowledge, but have little time for facts and dry texts. They learn best when given the freedom to think and choose for themselves. They also prefer topics they are truly interested in, and when they are having fun. Mercury in Sagittarius defends justice and freedom, even though their personal definition of justice may be a bit confusing. They have several principles they promote, and are always happy to discuss them. Their optimism shines through no matter what. It is both their strength and their weak point. They are good at invigorating people with their sunny outlook, but they can be a little blind to the facts.

source

So while the cycle of Mercury appears to be traveling directly around the Sun, sometimes it goes Retrograde, also known as backwards; and what does that mean you ask? Why let me tell you .....ADD MURPHY'S LAW INTO THE MIX!!!!

Retrograde Mercury is the most commonly known astrological signature for Murphy's Law ("If something can go wrong, it will"), and is one of the first features intermediate astrology students learn about. Say it to a seasoned astrologer and you'll likely get an amused smile and some delightful stories about how things can get quite unexpectedly unhinged. Computers crash, software develops unexpected glitches, traffic jams ensue, telephone service snarls up, letters get lost in the mail, machinery breaks down, new projects fail. Ah, yes, the trickster Mercury is up to his old pranks again.

Did you catch all that???
I smell BIG trouble. Lets think about all the people spending 7 plus hours in line to vote and all the electrical outages in the North East.....How can we get the masses of people to the voting polls?? And oh how about that article from CNN about hackers....How secure is our vote?
Voting Security

We all know that computer systems CAN BE HACKED!!!

NOW, here all of it is put together: MERCURY RETROGRADE BEGINS AT 6:04pm Nov. 6, 2012 EST

Something happens this year that's never happened before in American history: Mercury stations retrograde on the day of a presidential election. Just about everyone who follows astrology has heard the term "Mercury retrograde." This is an approximately three-week spell, happening three times a year, wherein Mercury appears to move backwards through the zodiac. It's a visual illusion -- Mercury is actually passing between the Earth and the Sun, creating an apparent rather than real effect. (Mercury's year is a third the length of ours, hence, this happens three times a year). I know it seems like a lot more frequently than that. Lots of people say that "Mercury is always retrograde," which is not true -- but Mercury is always Mercury, which means it's tricky, and requires a combination of cleverness, skill and respect to handle, whether moving retrograde or direct. The first and last days of any Mercury retrograde are usually the most challenging. Those days are called stations, which is short for stationary; one is that station retrograde (when the retrograde begins), and one is the station direct (when it ends). The word station in this context means "changes directions." There can be considerable confusion on the day of Mercury station, and in fact for about four days on either side there's something astrologers refer to as the Mercury storm. Think of this as the change of direction rippling out in time. It's turbulent, just like a ferry pulling into the dock, with the captain putting the engines in reverse to slow the ship down. When that happens, the water is churning in all directions. On the day of a Mercury station, that's how the mental and psychic energy feels. We get the worst, and the most interesting, manifestations of the retrograde on the days that it begins and ends -- and that happens next on Nov. 6, the day of the 2012 presidential election, when Mercury stations retrograde in early Sagittarius.

Source

WOW that's a mouth full isn't it??
Oddly it is very revealing, especially if you click on the links and read in entirety.

So what is the prediction???

In my opinion, ALL HELL is about to break loose!! During that time, I will be tucked away safely hibernating.....

Whatever happens I pray that idiots, yes I say idiots, do not go around starting riots!!!!!!!
But as we all ATSrs know, there are plenty of them to go around!!!

So there you have it folks.....Be Well and DON'T forget to Vote!! Also, maybe go the store and stock up on some needed stuffs just so you don't have to leave the house if unnecessary on Wednesday...

Peace Friends and Be Safe!!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just wanted to add another source:

We are in the last two days of the window of time that I said was going to be challenging. These days are going out with fireworks, primarily because Mercury will station retrograde tomorrow, but the effects of this begin today. Events today are going to foreshadow what will transpire over the 21 days when Mercury will be retrograde (now through November 27th). I will first go over why this is going to be an intense retrograde period and then I will go over the ultimate outcome of it, which is awesome. The story has a happy ending, so bare with me.

The purpose of pointing out the challenging aspects that accompany the retrograde is to assist navigation of it. By being aware of what is happening, we can maintain sanity and hold strong energetic fields when it is hard for others to do so. For those who follow a little bit of astrology, the Mercury retrograde opposes the Black Moon, squares Neptune and Chiron, sextiles Venus, and trines Uranus. That is a hell of a lot of aspects! And they aren't easy. Mercury retrograde always affects interpersonal communications, but the aspects to Venus and the Black Moon enhance it exponentially. Similarly, Mercury retrograde always affects electronic devices, but the aspect to Uranus enhances that exponentially. The square to Neptune and Chiron means our poor, dear early Pisces people that we've been trying to take care of now have the comapany of the early degree Sagittarians and Geminis. Of the mutable Sun signs, only the Virgos get a pass with this retrograde. Pisces, Sagittarians, Geminis, and Scorpios (or anyone with a lot of Scorpio energy) are the ones who are going to feel this the most. This also means that their missions are greater because they will be doing a lot of work in service of the Sophia's planetary vision. Remember we are healing the collective of humanity by healing ourselves and raising our vibrations to be in constant communication and participation with her and her plan.

oraclereport.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think tomorrow is going to be a big mess.
I also heard on the news yesterday that some people in the NE are going to be able to vote via email?
I have a feeling this will be another election fraught with fraud, confusion, ect.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I think tomorrow is going to be a big mess.
I also heard on the news yesterday that some people in the NE are going to be able to vote via email?
I have a feeling this will be another election fraught with fraud, confusion, ect.

How in any way, shape or form is voting via email appropriate???
That just screams WRONG to me!
Fraud is a good word.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I know that everytime we've had a presidential election in my lifetime, it has been called 'historic'.

For the first time in my life, I think that phrase is actually correct. Tomorrow is going to be a watershed moment for America no matter which candidate wins. What scares me is the aftermath in the days and weeks beyond.

I can only hope that most Americans will be rational no matter the outcome and not resort to such idiocy as rioting or violence.

Nice posting OP, thanks for the astrological heads-up!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Nice take on things. I've always thought for the last year or so, closer ti election something would happen well for the North East Sandy and the no'reaster is going to affect them. Wonder what else will happen through today and tomorrow?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Thanks for your source and reply. I am actually horrified by the current transits but didn't want to come off as being too astrologically crazy
But yeah, to quote from the movie Harry Potter, " ITS GOING TO BE A BUMPY RIDE"

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I would also like to add this snip from
Link

For instance, the stock market crash of October, 2008, took place while Mercury was retrograde, although in all fairness a large number of other much stronger astrological indicators were also present pointing to a major financial failure. Retrograde Mercury was more like the astrological straw which broke the camel's back.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This election is RIPE to be contested. Mitt will contest the results after narrowly losing the electoral vote and winning the popular vote, it will go to the supreme court, and Obama will be declared the winner.

then... buckle your seatbelts.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Well, we've only had 44 presidents, so each one was technically historic. I don't think this one is that much different than any others. We've had assassinations, and we've had 3rd terms, and we've had split terms, and we've had impeachments, and we've had infidelity, and we've had disability, and we've had eccentricity.

Once there was the soap opera of the Greek and Roman Gods, and then came along the Senators, and then in the US we got politics, and now we're moving on to reality TV.

It is historic, and maddening, and pretty much useless all at the same time.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by Dreine

Well, we've only had 44 presidents, so each one was technically historic. I don't think this one is that much different than any others. We've had assassinations, and we've had 3rd terms, and we've had split terms, and we've had impeachments, and we've had infidelity, and we've had disability, and we've had eccentricity.

Once there was the soap opera of the Greek and Roman Gods, and then came along the Senators, and then in the US we got politics, and now we're moving on to reality TV.

It is historic, and maddening, and pretty much useless all at the same time.

Yep and tomorrow we will have??? A huge mess! Lots of angry people and everyone will be so irate that their candidate did not win...I personally don't want to be out tomorrow but I failed to vote early

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Voted early, bought groceries yesterday, and have enough raw goods/ammunition to stay nice and cozy for a few days if need be

It's helpful to be a bit of a prepper sometimes!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If you are born during Mercury's retrograde, not necessarily on the start/end date, does it make you more susceptible to Murphy's law? My brother and I should have been named Murphy we are so unlucky. Both of us were born during a retrograde time.

Looking up some history of this. Interesting about the October crash!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I wouldn't miss it for the world! I'll be out tomorrow. I've heard a lot of my coworkers saying they waited in line for more than an hour to vote early.
Tomorrow there won't be any wait at all to vote during the actual election day. The early voting thing has always puzzled me. They didn't need it when it took a week to ride a horse to a polling station, but now that we have polling precincts minutes away, and cars, and busses, all of a sudden we need weeks to get to the polls?

Anyhow, the prepping is always useful. I'm good at my home for weeks or months. With a little bit of effort to rig a bicycle wheel to my well pump, I'd be good for months to years! Also plenty of ammo to make sure my little mini-farm stays all mine.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Interesting thread, Star Wise.

I'd like to see what planets are aspecting Mercury tomorrow and also what type of aspects they are making.

Is Jupiter making nice with Mercury? That can make a lot of difference.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Astrology isn't real.

Mercury (the planet or the god) will have no effect on the US presidential elections tomorrow.

I'll leave you to your thread now.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

The Washington Redskins lost, so that means the incumbent will also lose. Look it up. The school children picked Obama though, and they are also always right, so one of those records has to change, LOL.

Astrology is as real as religion, acupuncture, and the art of attraction.
If it is real to the people that believe it, then it is real.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Astrology isn't real.

Is that your opinion or do you have facts and sources to back up your statement?
Your hit and run tactics don't lend credance to your position.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
If you are born during Mercury's retrograde, not necessarily on the start/end date, does it make you more susceptible to Murphy's law? My brother and I should have been named Murphy we are so unlucky. Both of us were born during a retrograde time.

Looking up some history of this. Interesting about the October crash!

Dear Murphy, My son was born with Mercury in Sagittarius Retrograde, and my poor child DOES NOT know when to keep his mouth shut. Open mouth insert foot....

I guess it all depends are what sign it is in and what house it is placed in and what aspects are connected to it....
Sometimes it can actually help people think more clearly and slow down their thought process. Not with my son, however.....Sometimes it could lead to a very brilliant mind.

As a transit however it can ALSO help you to go back to a "TO DO" list that you had forgotten about and finish what you had started....

Never sign any contracts while under this Retrograde!!

Sorry you feel like you have so much bad luck. Maybe you could find a local astrologer to give you a reading...

Good Luck

SW

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Neither is the ground hog

top topics

<<   2 >>

join