It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Contracted RFID Evacuee Tracking Tech Just Days Before Sandy Formed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is very interesting. Especially for those that think HAARP may have been involved in strengthening or directing the path of Sandy. What is so crazy is that this contract was awarded only 4 days before the hurricane even formed and there hasn't been a major hurricane in that area of the US for over 70 years.

snip>

Austin, Texas (PRWEB) October 18, 2012
Radiant RFID (“Radiant”) announced today that the State of New Jersey has awarded the company a five-year contract to assist evacuation and emergency tracking during catastrophic events.

Radiant will provide the Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness (OHSP) with a managed evacuation solution that tracks evacuees, pets, emergency transport vehicles and commodities deployed at state shelters in preparation for and in the event of a hurricane, natural disaster or other man-made incident to assist in reunification of families. In addition, Radiant will manage hardware components, deployment processes and training as well as all maintenance and management functions in support of the State of New Jersey.

Utilizing the latest in passive RFID technology, Radiant’s Emergency Management Solution is the only RFID-based solution designed to assist emergency management teams with large-scale evacuations by making the continuous movement of people, pets and assets easy to track without repeatedly stopping people to take their names or scan bar codes. The seamless tracking helps eliminate lines, reduce redundancy and keep families together in times of emergency.

Read more: www.sfgate.com...

From wikipedia:

Sandy developed from a tropical wave in the western Caribbean Sea on [bold]October 22,[/bold] quickly strengthened and was upgraded to Tropical Storm Sandy six hours later. Sandy moved slowly northward toward the Greater Antilles and gradually intensified. On October 24, Sandy became a hurricane, made landfall near Kingston, Jamaica, a few hours later, re-emerged into the Caribbean Sea and strengthened into a Category 2 hurricane.

snip>

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Whow this is very interesting. Thanks for the heads up TC, we'll see if this goes anywhere.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Does anyone on this site believe in coincidence or just straight forward being prepared for whatever may happen? There isn't always an ulterior motive to one's actions.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Armadall

There is no such thing as co-incidence.

There IS such a thing as "smoking gun".

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

What I dont understand is how are RFID chips going to help? Its not like they can use them to help clean up. Any one in New York had to deal with this at all?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I agree that every barking dog is not rabid, but we've been hearing WAY too much of the ability to track people the past few years.

What scares me is the traffic cams. I belive they are all networked to a central system. Want to know where someone has been? Just type in the plate number, and I'll bet dollars to donuts "they" can find those plates anywhere those plates have been in the country where a traffic cam or toll tag camera has seen it. I get toll bills from Texas and all I have to do is drive under the camera. Even at 70mph + it reads my plate and sends a bill to my address. Think again if you think they can't do that if they're looking for you, or want to know where you've been...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Already happens like this in the uk, facial recognition, automatic number plate recognition, even identifying people from their gait, just the way you walk is enough to partially identify you in a crowd of people.

join