It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wave BYE to SANDY. Say HELLO to BREE (Winter Storm Alert)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
We all know what's happened on the East Coast, over the past week, regarding Hurricane Sandy. No need to discuss it further. If so, here's the ATS SEARCH LINK. Unfortunately, Mother Nature seems to like it in the North Eastern, U.S.; because she's bring another guest. WINTER STORM BREE is expected to hit the area, with high winds and SNOW.

The National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook for the tri-state area, and it's predictions have grown more dire in recent days.LINK

The snow line is clearly in SE PA to Baltimore, MD on Wednesday, with a mix/no accumulating snow within that line. According to this morning's run of our in-house model most of the snow will fall from NE PA to NY and into Inner New England ... With traces in West Virginia as well ... LINK

edit on 5-11-2012 by SpittinTruth because: wording correction

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow, just what they needed. This is an awful turn of events that could bring a frozen death to many. I truly hope people are able to get the help they need. It is getting worse faster than it is getting better.

All the good wishes on the internet in the world won't help. Those in the most trouble are those that can't get to a working computer anyway.

I would encourage people living anywhere near to help anyone they can. It is times like this that we can prove our humanity (or lack of it) to both the world and ourselves.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
great, just what we needed over there.

God, why has though forsaken us?...lol

Bring it on, nothing else to do but deal with it.

Make us stronger. Maybe some good will come of this mess.

Jesus Harry Christ......I can't wait for summer, but seeing how this year is already playing out, we will get hit with a freaking frog rain, or a dust storm.....

eh,
life.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wow, the earth is REALLY trying to get rid of us xD

I just hope they can evacuate all of the homeless in NY/NJ before this storm hits; a LOT of people and pets could freeze to death. It's a shame, too, that it's hitting right after election day.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
2012 has been one hell of a ride so far,
hope everyone is ok

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If its going to freeze, this will freeze up all the flood waters still there. Will the temps be at or below 32F ?
edit on 5-11-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Nobody is talking about Connecticut. My 95 year old mother still has no power. Phone lines are down. Union leaders are REFUSING help from "outside help"......Help from other areas that are trying to get the area(s) restored are just standing around doing nothing.......

My mother is in the south/western part of the state and it is very wooded with 2 acre or more zoning restrictions. Most of the power/phone lines are above ground and will take ages to repair!

At the end of her driveway a power pole was hit by lightning and Thrown onto her driveway. The pole has been put back but the lines are still lying all over the drive/street.

Just saying......

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mappam

yeah man, true. This hit several states and damn hard.

I hope things get back in order for your ma.

Hold it down sir.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mappam
Nobody is talking about Connecticut. My 95 year old mother still has no power. Phone lines are down. Union leaders are REFUSING help from "outside help"......Help from other areas that are trying to get the area(s) restored are just standing around doing nothing.......

My mother is in the south/western part of the state and it is very wooded with 2 acre or more zoning restrictions. Most of the power/phone lines are above ground and will take ages to repair!

At the end of her driveway a power pole was hit by lightning and Thrown onto her driveway. The pole has been put back but the lines are still lying all over the drive/street.

Just saying......

I cant believe this union crap. Unionized or not, people need the help and the fact they are not willing to and blocking others is crazy.

This new storm will further hamper operations to restore utlities.
edit on 5-11-2012 by planefixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And it's not even winter yet... it's still the middle of fall.
Is it because it's full of snow?
But wow... it's going be be really cold down there! I wish the citizens could simply be evacuated.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

i dont see how anyone can freeze to death that has the ability to collect flammable objects, there is plenty of stuff to burn in n.y. so hopefully the able go out and collect for the unable

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

i dont see how anyone can freeze to death that has the ability to collect flammable objects, there is plenty of stuff to burn in n.y. so hopefully the able go out and collect for the unable

Like what type of stuff? New York City is a "Concrete Jungle". People are really UNDERESTIMATING the severity of this all. This is NOT a simple hurricane disaster, clean up party. New York's financial district has been hit HARD. They talk about 80% having power restored but the 20% that hasnt been, is the part that's most critical. Wall Street is located where all the damage occurred. Everything from 34 Street (Times Square) to Wall Street (Lower Manhattan) has been crippled. This is not New Orleans. It's 100x's worse.

People don't believe it...but...it IS the "end of the world"...in more ways than we're ready to accept. Look at the TIMING of it all. Winter's coming and it's the busiest, "MOST Wonderful Time of the Year". I know we're waiting for a meteor to fall from the sky; or the earth to shake, until it splits in two; but wouldn't it be the same, if the whole system collapsed? Snow is worse than rain...because it can pile up. The 2nd plane is about to hit the 2nd tower.

A snow storm droppin' a foot of snow....will certainly bring NYC and surrounding areas...to their knees. The sinister part of it all, i feel like this is being DESIGNED. People are already conditioned to believe, the world is going to end...physically. But instead, you need to think of the world ending.....financially.

The people in charge have enough to rebuild it all again. We're the ones that will be left to fight it out! Think about it: the evil people that rule our world..are in positions of power. They could design the collapse...be swooshed away to their underground bunkers....and none would be the wiser. After all, we BELIEVE their PROPAGANDA...that's why people think the "world is gonna end" physically. We believe they have "power", that's why people go out to vote. We believe they can help us...in times of despair....that's why people scream out for them, during times like these.

If we're talking, the world ending "physically", we'd have to say: "the earth is coming to an end". "World" in the greek definition means: the arrangement of things; the "cosmos" or, as i like to say....EVERYTHING we depend on.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
National Weather Service

High Wind Watch, Coastal Flood Watch and Storm Watch are up in advance of upcoming Nor'easter. #pawx #dewx #njwx #mdwx

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Wow, the earth is REALLY trying to get rid of us xD

I just hope they can evacuate all of the homeless in NY/NJ before this storm hits; a LOT of people and pets could freeze to death. It's a shame, too, that it's hitting right after election day.

I agree with your evacuate all the homeless etc, but do keep in mind a snow storm this time of winter will not be a COLD storm it will be wet and humid....

The ground has not frozen yet and the water is very warm, therefore no big freeze.
We got over an inch of snow here today in Southern Ontario this morning, 3 hours later I was on the roof blowing out the eave troughs.... one hour after that I ran the lawnmower around the front and back yards.

Wait for December on before the storms get nasty cold and can freeze you and pets.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 5-11-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
And it's not even winter yet... it's still the middle of fall.
Is it because it's full of snow?
But wow... it's going be be really cold down there! I wish the citizens could simply be evacuated.

It would be nice to know where they are now. Tens of thousands of newly homeless, rolled into the previously existing tens of thousands of homeless. I've heard estimates of upwards of a million people of all ages that have been forced to evacuate already to who knows where.

I've seen how the evacs have worked in the past. They are liable to find themselves in Provo, UT, or Walla Walla, WA, or Timbucklily. Without being informed ahead of time and no say in the matter.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

WEll you are obviously not there nor have beloved family members who have been displaced and in peril.

This is tragic and the HAARP signatures may have something to do with it in which case it is a criminal act against humanity.

People are freezing, many fear leaving their homes to go away and be either robbed or placed somewhere that makes nightmare a reality.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It seems the "haves" have been forced to put their differences aside and join the "have-nots".

Maybe that's one of the lessons here..

Horrible situation though.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
That's one thing folks who've been through hurricanes in the gulf have never had to deal with after a storm. Snow a week after a big storm, even living a couple hundred miles inland from the gulf that makes me wince. If some of the hardest hit areas get some snow and freezing temps that adds a whole different level of misery. I really hope the worst hit areas are spared the snow.

Big storms are something I've noticed reveal a lot about leadership at every level. Ray Nagin, George W Bush, and Kathleen Blanco were all criticized for their performance in Katrina. While Jeb Bush was known for ruthless efficiency in dealing with the aftermath of hurricanes. So far, for the response to Sandy I give President Obama, Gov Christie, and Corey Booker a passing grade. The Tyrant in New York and Governor Cuomo, I believe have done a less than stellar job in preparation and response.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Eastern seaboard is screwed.. Wednesday, is going to be insane for Sandy survivors, refugee's etc. etc.

Main stream media, reporting very little on the devastation in the North East, I think after this next winter storm, that is going to plow into towns and cities already in tatters the Mainstream media, will have no choice when people start video taping national guard convoys heading north

My advice if your in the Northeast and your in a town where their is severe damage, and no power, I would gtfo...

Its going to be snowing in 48 hours up there.

Cleaning up storm debris, fighting snow drifts.. No power, wet cold, the eastern seaboard is a pretty big story, that is getting very little to no attention at all...

I think after this storm, we will see primal instincts occur, if this storm destabilizes civil order any further..

I am so impressed also with the amount of civil servants governors, Senator, and congressman etc etc , for these states out their helping clear the debris with their citizens
.. Oh wait I did not see any of them helping they are all watching the X-factor in the cozy warm mansions...
edit on 5-11-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Storm UPDATE

A nor'easter taking shape Monday in the Gulf of Mexico was expected to begin its march up the coast, eventually passing within 50 to 100 miles of the wounded New Jersey coastline on Wednesday. The storm was expected to bring winds of up to 55 mph, coastal flooding, up to 2 inches of rain along the shore, and several inches of snow to Pennsylvania and New York.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join