It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon President a good idea...........?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Simple question really............. Is having a Mormon president a good idea......?

Arguablly the most powerful position in the world......... potentially occupied by Romney............

FORGET Republican or Democrat alliegence....... if he believes mormon twoddle then surely that must have some effect on his decision making processes......?

www.boreme.com...

Above link is a 6min animation explaining what Mormon's believe...........

And we think Islam is bad.........oh well....

PDUK

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

problem is, he swore a oath as a mormon bishop. if he would swear on the constitution, which oath will count ?
i doubt, he can follow both at the same time.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yeah if this guy gets in I have lost faith in the people of the USA, he will be the one who wants to bring about the end of days.
State and religion should be kept far apart but this guy....well anyone who really believes in Mormonism is a nutjob.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If he wins, does he swear oath on the bible, or the book of Mormon?

You can call me a bigot... but I don't trust Mormons. My brother-in-law is one, and he follows their "ways". And as such, my sister has been alienated from our family. They believe in some extremely weird stuff. Yes I know... so does all religion... but after reading about it. It's just off....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The GOP has been sidestepping this issue the entire time. I've been wondering why more people aren't questioning this.

I was raised in a very Mormon-heavy community, and I can tell you that they do indeed allow their religion to seep into everyday decisions.

Look, run of the mill Christials believe some pretty out there things (zombie rose from the dead and we telepathically worship and pray to him) -- but Mormons take the cake. They are right up there with Scientologists and Urantia believers.

Depending on how things go tomorrow, I might be buying stock in Ancestry.com and Milton Bradley.
edit on 5-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You know, there was a time when people thought having a Catholic president would ruin our country and that if one was elected he would put his loyalty to the Pope above his oath to the office of president. It happened anyway, and JFK is considered by many to have been one of our greatest presidents.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Not another Mormon bashing thread. Haven't there been enough?

How is being Mormon any different then being Fundamental Christian - - - in relation to being president.

It isn't.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

If he wins, does he swear oath on the bible, or...

the presidents swear oath on the bible ? shouldn't they swear on the constitution ?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I was raised in a very Mormon-heavy community, and I can tell you that they do indeed allow their religion to seep into everyday decisions.

So do Fundamental Christians.

ANY person who can't put their personal beliefs aside should not be running for president.

link   
I have worked with mormons and I`ve provided services to their church. I never experienced any problem and made some friends there also.

Religion is not supposed to be a factor for a president being elected or not.
edit on 5-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

link   
ha ha ha !!! that was wicked!!!!
funny as hell!
i wanna be a god who rules over a planet too!

if i was american, i wouldn't vote for the neutral obama.
i would vote for the god romney!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

problem is, he swore a oath as a mormon bishop. if he would swear on the constitution, which oath will count ?
i doubt, he can follow both at the same time.

True and someone once said you cannot serve 2 masters...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't care if the president is a satan worshipper, I will judge a president by what they accomplish or don't accomplish, in their capacity in office.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by DerekJR321

If he wins, does he swear oath on the bible, or...

the presidents swear oath on the bible ? shouldn't they swear on the constitution ?

You would think. The only President who ever swore on the constitution was John Quincy Adams, who actually swore on the Book of Law, stating it was for the constitution.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
ha ha ha !!! that was wicked!!!!
funny as hell!
i wanna be a god who rules over a planet too!

if i was american, i wouldn't vote for the neutral obama.
i would vote for the god romney!!!

Romney is all but assured to be a God one day! He has the money to pay his 10% tithe and then some. Obama cannot be with the eternal Father in heaven unless he accepts his Mormon baptism and follows all the Mormon rules and requirements.

link   
Mormons are not Christians!

They are a different religion and they really should address that and come to terms with it. They are as different as Muslims are to Jews and Jews are to Christians!

Christians do not believe Satan and Jesus are brothers, they do not believe Elohim commanded Jehovah and Micheal to make earth out of Material (from where who knows).

Christians do not believe As God once was so shall man be.

They do not believe in several layers of Heaven.

Christians do not believe Jesus came to the Americas.

They do not believe Jews came to the Americas.

They do not believe in a Modern Prophet (profit...lol).

They do not believe God lives on a Planet.

Christians do not believe in a flesh and bone God. And much, much more!

It is hypocrisy in the Mormon church to claim because they have a belief in Christ that they are Christian. The Muslims believe in Christ and his return but do not claim to be Christians. The Christians use the Old Testament but do not claim to be Jews.

It is really non-sense designed to make them appear like they are only a sect of Christianity when in fact they are as different as all the major religions. I really wish someday they would announce they do not believe most Christians beliefs and that they are a unique Religion and not Christian.
edit on 5-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

link   
Mormons are very patriotic.

Mormons teach you to honor and respect government.

Mormons are hard and dedicated workers.

Its probably the only reason I would vote for Romney.

link   
Nothing to fear but fear itself... The nation elected Kennedy (the only Catholic President), We elected the first Black President (based on false hope and change), 2 Quakers, and a Jevhovah's Witness ...Why not the first Mormon President... I am just glad we have ONE candidate that openly embraces a specific faith... The other candidate not so much...

Interesting Link to our presidents past and their religious affiliations

www.adherents.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Christians believe in Christ, that`s the definition.
edit on 5-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Morman religion is close to cosmic religion, the only difference is possibility which is interpretation and perspective. I'd like to believe Mormans are fairly more positive through belief than muslims

But then again muslims have been labeled by Bush as radicals so how do I know how muslim religious beliefs effect their polarities? Have any of you ever even been to a Morman practice or event? I haven't nor have I ever met a muslim. It does not really matter if Mitt Romney gets elected, honestly I think he'd do a lot better than Barrack Hussein Obama, who has been in the flow of treason since Kennedy's death.
So, I would rather elect an American who has done what he said he was going to do rather than just say he was going to do something then go behind everybody's perception and destroy the constitution step by step. It should be locked into your mind that Obama should not be president or leading any kind of anything, especially being member of ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join