It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Columbian exploration of America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Does anyone know about forays into the American continents that happened before Columbus?

Here are some things I found.

Here

HEREand here

XA
S

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xaos
Does anyone know about forays into the American continents that happened before Columbus?

Here

HEREand here

XA
S

While we're familiar with Leif Erikson's voyages to Newfoundland (which he called Vinland), I know of a number of legends about other pre-Columbian explorations of the Americas:
- A 12th century voyage by Prince Madoc of Wales to what is now Alabama
- A Chinese Buddhist monk named Huishen sailing to Central America after visiting British Columbia and preaching Buddhism to indigenous peoples in Central America, naming a part of this region Guatemala in honor of Siddharta Gautama.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xaos

Here

HEREand here

XA
S

There are lots of beliefs and thoughts about these the only one's we know about are the Norse, the original groups coming across or along the coast from Siberia and later Inuit and Aleuts who 'discovered' the Americas and Asia on a monthly basis for thousands of years (they remained in contact with groups on both continents). Additionally a year or so ago South American DNA was found in Polynesia date to prior to Columbus. That hasn't yet been confirmed by another study but brings up the question; did they come to Polynesia or were they brought there by Polynesians? Currently unknown. All other theories lack evidence of their having occurred. They are possible but currently left hanging due to the chronic E problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xaos

Yes , the Mayans Possibly Sailed the Gulf of Mexico to Georgia .

" Massive 1,100 Year Old Maya Site Discovered In Georgia’s Mountains? "

archaeology-world.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: xaos

Yes , the Mayans Possibly Sailed the Gulf of Mexico to Georgia .

" Massive 1,100 Year Old Maya Site Discovered In Georgia’s Mountains? "

archaeology-world.com...

Nah that one has little basis. It also flies in the face of the West Cuba contradiction

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A lot of forays could have happened of which we will never know, because either the visitors died, or fully assimilated and never came back to talk about it.

Or they were part of some shipping guild and the guild decided to keep the trade route secret for maximum profit. ... then forgot about it. (Or perhaps kept the secret a little "too well"..... and everyone who knew it died and took it to their grave.)

People often become so focused on their own life, they forget the historical significance of the things they're doing, and just don't think about whether the future generations will want to know about their discoveries. Instead just focus on how they can get their own kid a noble title, or an apprenticeship, or rise in their guild.

There are lots of ways contact could happen and then unhappen, essentially.

edit on 27-9-2022 by bloodymarvelous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   
i read they found native american dna in iceland.

well given that humans were walking all over the planet for a couple million yrs before boats,

for whatever reason, migrating food, climate change, cave prices, volcanos and other natural disasters,

rival tribes competing for resources.

we just haven't found any evidence yet, one has to assume we were everywhere.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

well given that humans were walking all over the planet for a couple million yrs before boats,

for whatever reason, migrating food, climate change, cave prices, volcanos and other natural disasters,

phys.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelousOr they were part of some shipping guild and the guild decided to keep the trade route secret for maximum profit. ... then forgot about it. (Or perhaps kept the secret a little "too well"..... and everyone who knew it died and took it to their grave.)
The Ottoman conquest of Europe peaked right around the time Spain was taking all the Central and South American gold mines.

IMHO their exploration of North America was looking for signs of Old World contact.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The anchor stones found on the west coast may point to Chinese presence in America around the time of Columbus or slightly before...

The Vikings, of course, were here long before Columbus--and I'd be surprised if they hadn't ventured far inland, though no real evidence has been proven.

The Kensington Stone supposedly proves their presence in the Midwest, but that's, shall we say, disputed.

Fishermen from France and Spain, particularly from around the Bay of Biscay, were fishing off the coast of New Foundland, possibly as early as 1400.

North America wasn't a secret in many circles in Europe.

So, it should come as no surprise that Columbus was a relative late-comer to North America.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I bet xaos is stoked to read the replies.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: sarahvital

phys.org...
thanks for the link.

I love researching the Ancient Americas, especially the oldest evidence of humans in North America, mostly because this is such a hot debated topic.
There are countless theories proposed by both experts and amateurs and only one thing is for sure, no one truly knows when humans first arrived in North America, there is evidence going back a lot further than previously thought, but is it possible that the timeline needs to be pushed back by another 100,000 years?
good vid.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It could have been a species of human.

Humans have been around for 2 million years and theirs what 20-21 different species of humans.

Homo-Sapiens are just the only human species left.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfox81

Humans have been around for 2 million years and theirs what 20-21 different species of humans.

There is evidence that only some Africans are pure Homo Sapiens. Most of the world is part Neanderthal including many Africans, some Pacific islanders and a few Asians are part Homo denisovus, and there is evidence that a few humans have traces of ancestry from H.habilis, H.erectus, H.naledi, H.rudolfiensis, H.rudolfiensis, and a few as-yet-undiscovered prehistoric hominins.

edit on 29-9-2022 by Solvedit because: clarity

edit on 29-9-2022 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

edit on 29-9-2022 by Solvedit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

There is evidence that only some Africans are pure Homo Sapiens. Most of the world is part Neanderthal including many Africans, some Pacific islanders and a few Asians are part Homo denisovus, and there is evidence that a few humans have traces of ancestry from H.habilis, H.erectus, H.naledi, H.rudolfiensis, H.rudolfiensis, and a few as-yet-undiscovered prehistoric hominins.

Well if your talking about pure bloods... there is no pure Homo-Sapien.

African Homo-Sapien is 3-5% Homo-Sapien.
White Homo-Sapien is around 7-9%.

All round the world Homo-Sapiens have different % of human dna.

Tibetans mountain humans have dna of... to drunk but look it up, theres a human species that can withstand high altitudes. Thoughts Sapiens bear that humans DNA

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

Well if your talking about pure bloods... there is no pure Homo-Sapien.

African Homo-Sapien is 3-5% Homo-Sapien.
White Homo-Sapien is around 7-9%.

All round the world Homo-Sapiens have different % of human dna.

Tibetans mountain humans have dna of... to drunk but look it up, theres a human species that can withstand high altitudes. Thoughts Sapiens bear that humans DNA

Edit.
Sorry i ment:
African Homo-Sapiens are 3-5% neanderthal.
White Homo-Sapiens are around 7-9%.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Unlikely, since the OP was posted almost 20 years ago.

Harte

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Lysergic

Unlikely, since the OP was posted almost 20 years ago.

Harte

Seems like he last posted in 2004. I guess the Men in Vermeil got him.

posted on Nov, 7 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
2003 was 20 years ago....oh my gosh. Please stop. That was like yesterday.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join