It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Charged for Helping Feral Cats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The woman was sentenced today.

She has to pay $200 in fines.

Source

I wonder what will happen now, though. She didn't own the cats before and they were just roaming the neighborhood. Will they fine her again in a month if the cats are still hanging around? Did the police come cart them away and kill them? I'm not sure exactly what they want her to do?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by tport17

You people are amazing, cats kill anything they can catch; they live to catch and kill...not eat, just catch and kill. I have a large variety of wild birds, reptiles and bugs that find my property a haven for them year around but my neighbor's cats also love my property to hang out and hunt. For example, I have an extended family of Alligator Lizards who for years would run around without fear of anything, including me but then my neighbors cats began catching, killing and maiming them. The Yellow-headed Blackbirds that use to nest in the one of the birdhouses put up..Gone, the Orchard Orioles...Gone, the Valley Quails that would march across here and there to forage and take a drink in my pond..gone, Vermilion Flycatchers...gone.

So don't tell me about the poor Ferrel Cats...Cats are fine in your home and your house but not in mine and certainly not left to run wild and breed like the vermin they are but, I can see how many of you would relate to them, like Cats, people ruin anything natural and beautiful inevitably.

I'd much rather have feral cats around then all the vermin you just listed off. They keep mice and rats at bay as well which is why cats are so popular in this day in age. They are allies to the human race in being such efficient hunters.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
what eva , cats are food.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
House Cats population has skyrocketed right along with other rat family pests. The city won't do squat unless there is a dire emergency and it involves a bigger animal such as a cougar. Here where I live I asked city/police about such laws. Obviously you can't shoot fire arms in the city, but air rifles are also banned. You cannot use deadly traps nor can you live catch and release. I was shocked taken back a bit on that one. I can't live trap and relocate the animal myself. I am held hostage to pay a so called professional business person to do it. In fact they even had the number handy of the fellow that does it. How convenient right? Imagine having to pay 100-200 dollars a head on 12 gophers tearing up your property. The gov and the city don't give a crap about anyone they just want you to keep paying them money in all the other multiple different scheme scams they got going.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
So what, does America want those troubled animals to suffer a harsh, cruel life of uncertainty? Poor woman and cats. Money lost, Safety lost. Damn regulations >.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Moggy choose me I not choose moggy. I like cats they are the ultimate statement of independence. i know australian men who talk about hurting cats and I think what the hell is wrong with you? They like dogs because dogs kiss their arse, and when a cat stands there and does not acknowledge them they get angry and think about ways to hurt it. I was at work one day and a poor stray cat wandered into the yard and some as# hole chased it and seemed to be keen on hurting it. i sat their not showing any concern, he didn't get it by the way it ran off but if he had caught it i would have immediately rescued the poor animal and smashed the as# holes head in. I respect all life but some of my peers make me wonder if I am living on the planet of the apes. Actually I do apes wrong because from what I have seen from apes they could show some people I know some manners and tolerance.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I know she didn't mean them any harm, but getting them vaccinated is nasty i.e. injected with disease.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join