It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this thing a flare? Doncaster UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Last night I saw this bright red object in the sky, so i just wanted to come here and post it, unfortunatley its such a long time since i last logged in (years!) i've had to make a new account.
I'm in Doncaster, UK, last night at about 6.30-7.30 last night I kept seeing a really bright red thing in the sky, at first it thought it was a helicopter, then a chinese lantern (it's bonfire night here tonight, so lots of fireworks and stuff around last night), but the more i saw this thing (prob 10 times in total) the odder it seemed to me, i grabbed a camera, got a couple of crappy shots and waited for it to appear again - as with anything unusual it decided to vanish when i'd got my camera set up! When i looked through binoculars i couldnt see any further details except that it seemed to drop a small equally bright red thing.
Anyway, it's a pretty odd introductory post, but i just wonder if anyone else saw it drifting (not falling) across the sky, it was extremely bright.
I've got a couple of photos, the firsts when the damn flash went off (but you can see how bright the red thing is!), the second is a bit better. The third just the approx trajectory of where it went each time, it dissapeared always in the same place (obscured by houses and trees from my vantage point) though one time I could actually see it glowing extrememly bright red behind them!

Sorry for the odd post, I hope i don't come off as some nutter or dumb kid!

or
img165.imagevenue.com...

img282.imagevenue.com...

img168.imagevenue.com...

***MOD EDIT***
Not an Introduction Thread
*Closing Thread*

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. I've had to remove your entire post as it goes against our policies.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas.

Thread closed, you can contact me by a private message for more information if needed after you have read the links provided above and in the final post below. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

If you wish to inquire further, please use the Contact ATS Form .

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read )

Terms & Conditions Of Use ( Please read )
edit on 11/6/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mark84

Welcome to ATS. I am afraid there just not enough definition to be able to offer you any answer, good luck with it maybe someone else in your area saw it too. Enjoy the site.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mark84

Welcome to ATS...hope you find the answers you are looking for....

Des

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well good luck be aware your thread will be closed soon because you violated the T&C of the forum for intros.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Welcome back to ATS.I can't give any input on the photos.
See you around the site.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Well good luck be aware your thread will be closed soon because you violated the T&C of the forum for intros.

Its not realy an intro if he has started a new account.

Welcome to ATS. Cant check the pics, the link seamed broken for me.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mark84

You may be right about the lanterns...

We hope everyone had a good weekend at the bonfires?
Checking the park out this morning we have recovered six Chinese lanterns. We know they look nice and we know there is little we can do about them but they do cause a particular hazard to the wildlife – especially when they land in the water. Please think about this when considering buying these lanterns.

Lantern Litter

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Seems like a lantern to me too.

I'm a bit out on this anti-lantern brigade though, the military use parachute flares that are far more harmful just by the way.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I have nothing against Chinese lanterns. They provide more than enough false ufo sightings to make up for any possible harm they do to the environment.

Plus, they are pretty.

new topics

top topics

join