It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel aborted move to attack Iran in 2010: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
SOURCE

A new report reveals that a planned Israeli strike against Iran in 2010 was thwarted due to Tel Aviv’s qualms about its own military capabilities as well as top-echelon internal opposition against the measure.

An Israeli news channel reported Sunday night that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and defence minister Ehud Barak asked the Israeli military in 2010 to prepare for an imminent attack on the Iranian nuclear program, but that their efforts were blocked by concerns over whether the military could do so and whether the men had the authority to give such an order.

The report which was a promotional preview for an hour-long documentary on a decade of Israel’s decision-making process with regard to Iran is scheduled to be broadcast on Israeli TV’s Channel 2 on Monday night.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The timing for broadcast of this documentary on the eve of the American election is questionable .
The report points out Israel's dependency to UsA , proves the fact that without US backing , Israel cannot attack Iran .
So , if Obama wins this re - election , War will be averted for atleast another 4 years .
What is your thought regarding this report

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
What is your thought regarding this report
The article is dated today, yet the copyright at the end of the article is from 2011.

I don't buy it unless it comes from multiple sources.

Why would they hang onto an article from 2011 till today?
edit on 5-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
While I am no Obama fan I do think he has managed to block Israel's ability to start a nasty war, simply by refusing to lend American support to the attempt. While I have no illusions regarding Obama throwing down the gauntlet the second there is verifiable proof of a nuclear program, I do have a dark and scary feeling about Romney pushing more military and more war down the throat of the world and "going for it" in the M.E.

Romney is more war, Obama is well, Obama.... An ineffective leader who's initial good intentions were slammed shut by TPTB.

Obama Believed in the change he thought he would bring to this Country. Little did he know he was about to be the fall guy of the century.

Romney is scary because he wants war in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Other source :

Title : Israeli PM’s 2010 Iran strike order rebuffed by IDF, Mossad – documentary
SOURCE

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Aha! Finally I know why israel still exists!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Because,contrary to OP conclusion ,it resurfaced due to pre-election fuss in Israel itself

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by Sissel

Other source :

Title : Israeli PM’s 2010 Iran strike order rebuffed by IDF, Mossad – documentary
SOURCE

Okay, thanks. Even this article states it was edited today. The first source says this information was copyrighted in 2011.

Why is this just coming to light right now, is my question. What's the purpose of the timeliness since it was known about since at least 2011?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Sissel

Because,contrary to OP conclusion ,it resurfaced due to pre-election fuss in Israel itself

Ah, I see then. Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Timing is Questionable . I guess , they want to influence the Election .

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Israel has decided that Obama be the next president of United States !?
how many times Iran was mentioned in election debates !?

Obama said "Israel do not attack" and Israel now decides not to attack and this shows the influence and independence of US ! ok I bought it !!

new topics

top topics

join