It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mitt romney!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
if you vote for mitt romney you are not going to get anything different from him than voting for obama.
at the end of the day people need to realise the economy is in tatters and unemployment is getting worse.
sorry people but romney wont make it better because nobody cant.The government will just keep taking more money from you to pay off the american debt in which will be more debt because people cant actually give more money when we dont have anymore to give.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yes I noticed that all Obama supporters believe that this is as good as it gets and they give O a free pass while settling for mediocrity and negative growth. This is what the whole 'revenge' comment is based upon. Let me tell you, I own two small businesses and it has gotten worse each year for four years. I will hire again as soon as Obama is out. Everyone will benefit.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It baffles my mind when the pundits keep talking about the crappy American economy.

With 7.8% unemployment, even with 15% unemployment if you go with what Republicans are claiming when they count the part time, underemployed workers, this still means that 85% of Americans are working. If you go with "official" job numbers, at 7.9%, over 92% of Americans are working.

92% of anything is an "A" grade. Even 85% is a B+.

They should have held the economic debate outside of an Apple store on iPhone5 release day.

Then, when Romney starts to talk about the crappy economy, all Obama has to do is point.

If the economy is so bad, how come every time there is a new release of a cell phone model, the lineup to pay over $500 per unit is stretched around the block?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf
Yes I noticed that all Obama supporters believe that this is as good as it gets and they give O a free pass while settling for mediocrity and negative growth. This is what the whole 'revenge' comment is based upon. Let me tell you, I own two small businesses and it has gotten worse each year for four years. I will hire again as soon as Obama is out. Everyone will benefit.

Why would you hire again as soon as Obama is out?

Romney hasn't promised ANYTHING that would necessarily get the economy going again.

It's attitudes like yours that create economic uncertainty - you're only not hiring because you don't want to help make President Obama look good? It's baffling.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
^ If you look at people on welfare, people on unemployment benefits with the ones who aren't included in the stats because they are currently "not looking for work", its almost at 20%.

Ron Paul says this.
Donald Trump says this.

One is economic genious.
One is a business genious.
edit on 5-11-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Sorry to say but it will only get worse if romney is president because the economy is gone for a very long time.
Im not even from america, i live in manchester england and its the same here and will be for a long time. No matter who you vote for its gonna take years to get clear off all the mess your in and we are in.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's painful for me to stomach either one of these candidates. The candidate worthy of my vote has long fallen out of the running sans Gary Johnson.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
...And one has the actual solutions.

And his name is Gary Johnson and he's running for the Libertarian Party which garnered 9,000,000 or so votes last time around.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So True, Thrf Romney fallacy is only beleived bye sheep...........The main thing that made me want to vote Obama is hearing Romney talk...........with the trees,grits,big bird,,jeeeeez Romney are you that pathetic ?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Let me explain because apparently you don't know how business works. #1 Romney supports small business. Obama abhors business and has stated so. Simply look at his relationship with US Chamber of Commerce, it's as if he is at war with them. There is no secret here, only ignorance.

This puts EVERYONE in limbo. The people who I supply services to are hammered by either regulations, Obamacare, threat of raised taxes, and basic uncertainty. There are NO positive messages from Obama and for four years he has insulted, threatened or ridiculed just about everyone and everything that would contribute to growth or prosperity.

The only thing he offers is "more investment" which means SPEND. We don't need a government that invests in business. We need to remove the uncertainty and lack of leadership.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 2XOHsurf

It's really funny how the majority of business leaders are saying what they need to get things rolling again, yet non business people are arguing that they know better what is needed to stimulate business. Either that or they simply don't care to understand or listen and think that jobs fall out of job clouds and water the jobby plants ?!?!?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The only way Romney can win, is massive election fraud. Obama is ahead in the popular vote and has a big lead in the electoral college. Does the GOP have the resources and get go, to steal the election by fraud? Probably not. Obama is a shhhitty president and Romney is the scum of the elite and cares only for the rich.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

"Cares only for the rich". That is probably in the top three most ignorant statements ever made but sadly is believed by 47%. It has no basis in reality though.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This man is certifiably insane in my opinion.. Do you trust him to be able to seperate his religion from his presidential decision making should he be elected? That is the question Americans should be pondering tonight. I don't believe he can after viewing this...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I cant wait til all this lekshun stuff are over wit becuz all the ads and stuff is messing up the skejewel for my programs and they is even making ads at the bingo now.

Like they are gonnto cancel NCIS tomorow nite and stuff and I'm just so sick of it all the Bammer this and Romeny that and stuff.

Like enough already.

Really.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by babybunnies

Let me explain because apparently you don't know how business works. #1 Romney supports small business.

Prove this. Everything I've read or seen has suggested that Romney supports large corporations and cares little for small business owners. Please don't say anything about trickle down economics because that only helps the rich by increasing their bank accounts.

Obama abhors business and has stated so. Simply look at his relationship with US Chamber of Commerce, it's as if he is at war with them. There is no secret here, only ignorance.

This puts EVERYONE in limbo. The people who I supply services to are hammered by either regulations, Obamacare, threat of raised taxes, and basic uncertainty. There are NO positive messages from Obama and for four years he has insulted, threatened or ridiculed just about everyone and everything that would contribute to growth or prosperity.

The only thing he offers is "more investment" which means SPEND. We don't need a government that invests in business.

No what we need to do is kick both political parties out of the system and get someone who actually cares about our country. You seem to honestly believe that Romney will change or improve our economy. You are just buying into the lie. It's already been proven that Romney will change his stance on things to suit his current needs, effectively proving that he will just say things that people want to hear so he can be elected.

Now I do agree that Obama is making it hard on us too and is no better.

We need to remove the uncertainty and lack of leadership.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Vote third party.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

"prove this", ok you are making this too easy.

Fuel Prices+ Romney has a coherent energy policy, Obama doesn't. My one business spends nearly 25% of my expense is fuel. That eats directly into any profit I can scrape out. That money could be used to hire 2 people. Obama has vowed to destroy coal industry. What kind of F**king policy is that?!?

Obama wants to tax me at a higher rate. Romney wants to lower my taxes. That eats directly into my profit and ability to hire people. Does that create jobs?

Obama wants to burden me with mandatory health insurance. I can't afford it and it drives me to layoff people so I can survive these regulations.

Romney meets with, talks to and listens to small business owners and supports the US Chanber of Commerce. Obama has belittle and mocked small business owners. Never heard such a thing from Romney.

Shall I go on?

But I love discussing with you, especially that cheesy video where the commentator breaks into that (Obama-like) mocking voice in an effort to articulate the "logic" behind his views. Is "gimme a break" even an argument? Apparently it is to liberals because they parrot these same soundbites without understanding or listening to the other side.

If Romney was saying he "didn't care about the 47%" yet believes in trickle down eco, then you explain to me how helping business and industry by providing jobs doesn't benefit the 47%. Do you know anybody in the universe who is employed by someone with less income than themselves? If the people above me don't do well, then I won't do well. How the hell do I get a job or run a business if it isn't from someone with more money than myself because I have never found poor people to be a source of income.

I suppose that still doesn't "prove" anything to you.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by georgemoseleylander

...And one has the actual solutions.

And his name is Gary Johnson and he's running for the Libertarian Party which garnered 9,000,000 or so votes last time around.

Nothing will change if you vote for GJ because he has as much chance of winning as Jay Leno or Brad Pitt.

Who are you teaching a lesson to by voting for GJ at this point; your kids and grandkids?

I was a GJ guy but you have to be honest with yourself……it’s a wasted vote at this point!!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by 2XOHsurf

It's really funny how the majority of business leaders are saying what they need to get things rolling again, yet non business people are arguing that they know better what is needed to stimulate business. Either that or they simply don't care to understand or listen and think that jobs fall out of job clouds and water the jobby plants ?!?!?

No, jobs do not fall out from clouds, but the main issue RIGHT NOW is a huge number of low-income and medium income Americans who are in debt and require assistance, one MAJOR reason for this is to help them to actually get new jobs, education, training and so forth. The ultimate GOAL of assistance is not that people "can conveniently life off the government", but instead make it easier for them to get into a the job world again.

Romney and reps can talk all day long how "magically" jobs are being created - (despite the fact that Romney in reality never really said anything, he has no plan and NO ONE even knows what his real solutions are supposed to be!) - and despite all this there will STILL be many, many low-income and medium-income Americans which are the MAIN REASON for the weak economy right now.

You can talk about "creating jobs" all day long, no one will hire people with no education..and people will continue to be in debt having problems paying their bills.

There is no guarantee whatsoever that those alleged "new jobs" are actually created in the States, by "using" Americans who need them so urgently! As a capitalist and "smart business man", it is more likely that cheapest workers eg. from abroad will be hired - what prevents companies from doing that? They do that already for decades!! Do you REALLY believe that if Mitt "I dont really have a plan" Romney talks about creating jobs, it will automatically mean jobs for US Americans? Do you really believe that smart corporates and bosses would stop outsourcing and looking for the cheapest labor all of a sudden (as they do already)?

And what about the huge numbers of still unemployed people in AMERICA who need assistance? Who will hire them? Name companies, name their plans...name Romney's plan how he will "magically" reduce this number and create jobs for all those people. Don't you realize this is an illusion????

Yes, business NEEDS to be stimulated, this is one part of trying to boost the economy. But this is not everything, this is not enough. Business needs to be stimulated, but you cannot ignore an already big number of people who are VERY REAL in dire situations right now, people who have problems paying for the most basic things. Those people EXIST in big numbers, they are a reality.

The problem with Romney is that he does not see this, he will focus on stimulating business. Business will do what they do, they will continue to hire cheap people and they will continue to outsource. Look at companies like Intel, HP or any big company. And as we already know, Romney even admitted he didn't care for those people who need assistance, he said this in clear, plain words. For him, those are leeches. Instead of a plan to integrate those "leeches" into the job world again, he has NOTHING. in fact, it might things worse since those people are the majority of Americans. Take the little support they have away, your system will collapse. Supporting a small number of businesses and creating "some" jobs wont prevent this, 100 saved small businesses wont create jobs for much, much more people. Don't you see that?

For businesses to flourish, it needs many people well off with buying power. Millions of people who are poor and cannot even afford basic health care costs don't have money to spend on lots of goods and services. So, how will businesses flourish? You can give a random business, say, a 1MIL dollar loan. All right. But the business still wont get clients and orders simply just they got a loan. They wont also hire more employees because STILL no one buys anything - there is no demand for more employees.
edit on 5-11-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join