It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Opinions and experience needed here.. Hypnotic Weight Loss - Dose it work ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I know someone who is considering going to s Physic / Hypnotist for weight loss.

Several people in our area have called into the local morning radio show saying that it has worked and same case for being hypnotized to quick smoking.

The person who heads up this seminar says that she went from a szie 18 to a size 7...

I just wanted your opinions and experiences with this type of thing.

I don't want to see someone close to me waste thier time and money.

thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I saw your lonely post and thought I'd reply with a few thoughts:

Sounds like the typical infomercial or miracle weight loss plan to me. I, like you, would not spend my money or waste my time on something like this either, but if someone close to me had there mind set on this, I wouldn't want to discourage them too much. We live and we learn, that's the nature of the beast. Some people have good results from these type of miracle weight loss programs and some don't.

Research it first.
What is this program about? Is it to help people from binge eating or over eating? How high is the costs and how soon are people expected to get results? I'd ask your friend to look at this from all perspectives before she/he get's involved. It isn't good for the mind to get hyped up on a weight loss program that fails, often times the adverse effect can cause a sense of hopelessness with depression and weight gain, unfortunately.

I don't think there are miracle weight loss solutions, I think it is something that has to become a life long commitment of eating healthy and staying active. Perhaps you could help your friend get motivated by offering to go on daily walks with him/her? Atleast it's free

Mags

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
thanks for the reply...

it's a local gal, she's also on the morning radio talk show.. not as a guest speaker, she's part of the show..

I actually played softball with her ex-husband, he said some of the things she can do is amazing.. when it comes to her "powers"... hee hee...

here is a link to the site :

www.litetheway.com...

The cost is normally $95 however this weekend it's only $40.00

I don't think that's too much of a risk...

the other option is she's willing to try Trim-Spa.... consulting her doctor first.

thanks again, your advice is being considered.

J

join