It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Cloning right around the Corner Synthetic Biologist say.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I came across this article talking about the ability to clone children to have no genetic imperfections. Hand picked genes if you will and it will be available for mass society soon. Eugenics has been a hot topic for a long time but, never before has it been advertised quite like this. In the article it talks about the success of hybrids; combining human and animal but that the result was horrifying, the ability to resurrect extinct creatures, and the science of creating a perfect human, and also the novelty of creating Neanderthal children for mass consumption, almost like designer dogs. We live in fascinating times to say the least. There are many avenues this discussion could take and I welcome all of them. Could this really be the future if yes will reproduction become a priveledge and not a right?

naturalsociety.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Reminds me of the movie Gattaca. Good movie.

edit on 5-11-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If you watched an Anime called Gundam Wing Destiny, they have a system where humans in the future can have "chosen" traits during conception. Like increased stamina, agility, flexible bones etc.

In that anime, humans divided into 2 sections, 1 is "naturals" and others are "coordinators". They hate each other, and the "coordinators" were living in space colonies.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I will have to watch those movies for sure but, I would like to add this: I think cloning has to be the next step in social engineering, It only makes sense to eliminate social ills through science, a perfect society,of perfect citizens. It reminds me of the 6000 yr old ancient sumerian text, ' the seven tablets of creation' and the many mishaps they had in creating humans from primitive primates in their quest to create the perfect worker. They finally succeeded in creating the Adam but unlike the other attempts this one was not sterile and could reproduce. Hybrids are always sterile like donkeys. A new species was created. What will we call this new creation of hominid? It sounds incredible but, if it has been done in the past why not again.

new topics

top topics

join