It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Button Will You Push?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I know i can run away from the trouble and enjoy this temporary happiness by clicking on the Purple Button, but i always been fascinated by Space and Nature.... and would do anything to acquire that.

So..............

Green Button! ! ! ! !

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sorry guys
I missed out the word yellow

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I would without a doubt push the PURPLE button for 50 million.

The GREEN button is a trick and opens a trap door in the floor, nobody gives away all their secrets like that.

The YELLOW button is also a trick because pushing that would also remove the one who put the buttons there in the first place. 20 ton anvil...."splat!"

Can't fool me oh Grand Architect.

edit on 5/11/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Or they could simply crucify you

2nd.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yellow button:
All instances of evil and negativity will be removed from planet Earth and there will be global peace, prosperity and altruism forever. The planet will be secure from any external threats. There will be no risk of overpopulation or conflict.

If you push the yellow button you won't need either of the other two. With world peace and no evil or negativity we could conduct cooperative research and learn most, if not all, of what was offered by pushing the green button. It would take work and time but mankind without some challenge is pointless.

With prosperity and altruism we could achieve what is not possible today considering human nature. There is enough arable land right now that with altruism we could make this planet heaven on earth with no hunger, and prosperity would mean that there would be no need unmet. We have enough resources right now to make the purple button promise come true if we worked together for the common good. After all that is mostly what altruism is about.

With no risk from external threats, and no conflict, untold trillions of dollars would be released from the worlds war chests to make it even more possible for the purple button promise to come true under the yellow button conditions. And with a well balanced population the lack of threat of over population would not mean any meaningful restrictions on creating a family. All you would need is an average of two children per married couple plus a little more for the ones who don't want to get married and have a family. When you consider that some people would not want a family at all it would leave room for the few who want a larger family to do so. That would be sustainable population with no growth or loss.

Yuppers, its the yellow button for me. With all the ramifications of the yellow button we would not need the green or purple buttons.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'd lean back, light a cigar, open a good single malt and leave them all unpressed.

Then wait.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'd press the yellow button. After that none of the other buttons would matter.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'd press the purple button. Then possibly play a fiddle and watch Rome burn.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The purple button is the only one you can push.

The green button espouses a spiritual truth, the nature of the reality. Since this implies meaning and purpose, it is automatically subjective. There can never be any definite nature of reality, or any absolute spiritual truth. If the Grand Architect says that it relates to the science of reality, then it is a wasted push, as humans are already making great strides towards understanding the science behind the laws which govern reality. Further, since I could not profit directly from having this knowledge, I could not tell anyone. Telling someone would imply that I want them to know, and if they did know, then I have profited emotionally (if not financially) from my telling them.

It is impossible to push the green button.

The yellow button drags us into a discussion on what constitutes evil. Is it evil to murder someone? What about if the individual you murder, was going to murder someone else? If there is no war, then how can you support the existence of sports, or any type of activity where two sides compete based on pride? War, at it's core, is just two groups (countries, religions, families, etc) wanting to be better than each other. It is no different at its heart than any game of baseball, or soccer.

If nobody suffers, get's sick, or dies ever, then why would we develop things like diet, exercise, yoga, or work to cultivate the safest and most healthy foods? What would happen to the millions of people whose professions are to take care of others? Psychologists, nurses, paramedics, doctors, surgeons, pharmacists... all of them would be jobless.

To label something "evil" is to automatically state an opinion, not a fact, about it. And opinions are subjective. So the altruistic, peaceful, non-threatening world... while wonderful for some... would be Hell for others. If, as I'm sure some of you would say, this peaceful world would simply not have those types of individuals, then by what are you measuring the goodness of this world? If there are no criminals, or murderers, then how do you know theft is wrong, or evil?

It is impossible to push the yellow button.

That leaves us with only one. $50,000,000 is a tangible, calculable, physical thing. It is not subjective, it does not require opinions, or discriminations. I have the money, I can do whatever I want with it, and no other opinion matters because the money is, inherently, without conscience or self-awareness. I could spend it on prostitutes, or donate it to charity, and it would not directly affect any other living soul in a way which would nullify my decision to do with it what I did.

The only possible choice is the purple button.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would say purple, but then I would have people constantly following me around asking for money or pretending to be my friend to get my money. Since that's the case I would probably pick the green one. Knowledge is probably the next most important thing next to money(if only you could use knowledge to buy groceries and pay the bills).

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm not sure which I would push.

I don't think I'd push the Yellow button. What kind of wussy neutered do nothing joyless existence would that give us. Everything that I do for enjoyment requires some sort of conflict; from reading fiction, playing video games, watching T.V. or movies, playing board games, sports, etc. all require conflict of some sort. Even something as enjoying a nice vacation requires it to be better than the daily existence of myself or my peers. Heck, even building things requires us to be in conflict with nature or some natural law. I don't even think that we'd have sex. With sex, you need to best your peers for selection of a mate; the physical act itself is even fairly aggressive.

We'd probably just sit naked in a room temperature field under a not to bright sun and just stare off into empty space all day.

The purple button might be fun for a little bit, but I don't think it offers enough money to be interesting. You couldn't even buy your own private jet or super yacht.

I guess that leaves the green button. I could probably use my knowledge of the universe to create my own multinational corporation and set up a blind trust to collect all my money so that I'm not directly profiting from it. From there I can use my wealth and power to shape humanity in my own image and live high on the hog on a mountain of hookers, drugs, money, and the broken corpses of my enemies

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Thanks for all the interesting replies, ladies and gentlemen. I have read through each one and found many of the explanations rather fascinating. As you can tell, there is no "correct" answer and it's all a matter of perspective. I am thinking about making another similar thread, one with more choices and a darker theme. Until then, hopefully we can get more members to participate in this thread and give their perspective before the thread passes away.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Green button and here is why:

Due to the fact that I could share my knowledge I will do it, letting see other people how things really works, but not revealing why.

Maybe this kind of knowledge could describe how to have infinite energy, time travel, infinite food etc...

At this point if all work the right way I will be considered as some sort of Guru or maybe I will became a God for people. And this way I will not need reward from purple button, because I will have only to ask for what I want.

Regarding yellow button I don't care, sometimes war will increase my image, people will pray me to stop conflicts due to my infinite knowledge, making me have more popularity and again more money.

I think this kind of choice was made many time ago by someone else...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Green button. I figure with hard work, I could help humanity in such a way, that in the long run humanity would earn the results of the yellow button as well. So it's a twofer.

With the yellow, what kind of peace would there be? Too many unknowns.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

yellow of course.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I would press the green button. After that, using the knowledge I received, I would set about making a replica of the yellow button and end all the bad things in the world.

Knowledge is power.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I would push the yellow button, for we already know the first things in our global holistic infinite selves or fairly close proximity. We're just walking the journey currently.

The last is only cosmic dust stuff, the illusionary stuff. Like the matrix, he sold his friends out for the illusionary steak.

yellow is the only one possible.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Purple.

Reason? If I don't press ANY button, Earth would cease to exist. So I have to press "A" button.

The purple button would be the least intrusive towards the self-determination of the race of humanity. If we are to achieve growth, enlightenment, harmony with the universe, then it should happen on our scale and not some supreme beings schedule.
edit on 27-1-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I would pick yellow but purple is my favorite color.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I would let this

If you have not pressed a button after the duration, plant Earth and all the creatures on it (including you) will cease to exist. You will never be presented with this opportunity again.
come to pass for all the others are of real greed or want, why waist a time to start a new form where there is an end there must be a beginning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join