It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Remember

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Remember, Remember the fifth of November
the gunpowder treason and plot
i know of no reason why the gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot

here in the UK today is the day we all build our fires and burn our guys!
why? do i hear you ask?
we do this because it has been taught to us since childhood that it's tradition
when actually it's an exercise to remind us of what happened the last time a person tried to incite
Rebellion/Revolution in this country thereby filling the masses with subconscious fear causing them to act in the desired subservient manner..

it's a subtle act of behavior programming but pretty obvious if you know anything about history and the tactics of those in power.....

examples of this type of behavior can also be found in literature, most recently the hunger games where in memory of the failed district rebellion they put on a fabulous pageant followed by certain death... obviously this is an extreme case but the concept is the same.... incite fear of repercussions by regularly visiting past failures.....

What do you guys think? do you buy into the whole guy fawkes pageantry or do you like me see it for what it is?

discuss...

apologies if i put this in wrong forum... feel free to move to correct place

thanks

edit on 5-11-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2012 by Ph03n1x because: typo

edit on 5-11-2012 by Ph03n1x because: typo

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Its all pagan.

During the end of October Hindu's celebrate the Night of Lights. Many fireworks are set off.
Then a week later (not sure) Muslims do the same.

Britain obviously got envious and wanted to join in so the elite create a fall guy named Guy Fawkes so that they could light up the sky as well.

Also the effigy of Guy Fawkes is in fact the 'Green Man' who is also known in Roman mythology as Pan and the celts called him Silvanus.

It could also be linked to the devil or the 'Burning Man' who is always on fire.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

It was all to do with Religion, Guy was a Catholic and wanted a Catholic crown he was an olde worlde Religious extremist
Wish we could hang draw and quarter Religious extremists now lol (JKing).

I like bonfire night, I love the toffee apples and the toffees that pull your fillings out. Its all good fun UNTIL SOMEONE GETS BURNT!!!!!.
Stay safe all tonight and do not mix booze with fireworks.
edit on 5-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Its all pagan.

During the end of October Hindu's celebrate the Night of Lights. Many fireworks are set off.
Then a week later (not sure) Muslims do the same.

Britain obviously got envious and wanted to join in so the elite create a fall guy named Guy Fawkes so that they could light up the sky as well.

Also the effigy of Guy Fawkes is in fact the 'Green Man' who is also known in Roman mythology as Pan and the celts called him Silvanus.

It could also be linked to the devil or the 'Burning Man' who is always on fire.

Christmas and easter Are also pagan holidays bro. What you got?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

adde": the burning man represents 'seth '
that is: all the children of Adam

the ritual of the burning man originated in ancient egypt
where the red clay statue [ red was the colour of Set - satans version of adam ] was engraved with a net pattern [ representing his imprisonment in the Duat ] and then burned.

besides OP,
last evening, MOTD@, the [ premier league ] started with pictures of old-London, dark and gloomy...fire...and the same mask [ though the topic was, superficially, about soccer ]

predictive bbc programming..?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Christmas and easter Are also pagan holidays bro. What you got?

Just saying that many festivals were originally pagan days.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

OMG I even said it was a joke.....
He was a terrorist at the time and got what he deserved, he was going to blow up around 500 people he was not an innocent person at all, any religious extremist who wants to kill people deserve what they get.
Oh and how dare you compare me with a brown shirt, my grandad died in a camp so STFU.

Also I wouldn't firebomb anything, you really need to be careful what you say, you are saying I will do all these things because of a off hand joke I made.....pfft

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Personally, I find it kinda creepy. Any ceremony where you burn effigies seems like a bunch of vodoo nonsense.

In any case, it seems wrong to celebrate the death of any human being (If that is indeed what it represents). Jewish people dont burn a Hitler effigy do they?

Oh and for some reason I read your thread headline like Mufasa on Lion King.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
..considering the symbolic nature of the movie -

it is likely not about a ' literal event ' [ like setting fire on london ]
but
the 'fire ' stands for " ignition of the new holographic dimension '

..that d make sense [ in their sick way ] :
jesuits/edom havent succeeded the last time; but now they will succeed to ignite the matrix,
causing mankind to become equal robots [ the scene where the square s gathered with V 's ]

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Nope, but they thank him for Setting up Israel, and even started the Palestinian holocaust so they would never forget what they went through!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It should be our Politicians, Bankers and Police force that we burn this evening. Corrupt totalitarian scum that they are! Just because Guy Fawkes failed does not mean 60 million of us UK citizens would!

edit on 5-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Wow since when do we resort to using Holocaust metaphors as insults?

for me the whole concept of burning guy fawkes is programming to remind us not to go against the government

as another poster has said we have high jacked many pagan holidays....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

Nope, but they thank him for Setting up Israel, and even started the Palestinian holocaust so they would never forget what they went through!!!

Are you serious? If so, then I read the wiki on Guy Fawkes completely wrong.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
Wow since when do we resort to using Holocaust metaphors as insults?

for me the whole concept of burning guy fawkes is programming to remind us not to go against the government

as another poster has said we have high jacked many pagan holidays....

Um, where did I insult anyone? I used that as an example geesh. Besides, it seems like we agree that it is wrong.

ETA: Sorry, thought you were talking to me, I was honestly rather surprised if you were
edit on 5-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I thinki he means someone else.
2nd

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Ah, I see, thanks for that. I assumed that since I mentioned Hitler he was referring to me.
Whoops

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Remember , remember the fifth of November." Not to be off topic but this add a little background to another recent thread about Anons hacking spree. What exactly happened on November 5th and who was Guy Fawkes? If I may ask ..

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Tru3NugMaster

en.wikipedia.org...

here we go, but basically he was a Catholic and wanted a catholic queen on the throne, so he decided to blow up parliament but got caught.
I'am glad they caught him, one of the best things we did was to get rid of Rome trying to run our country.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tru3NugMaster

Fawkes was a jesuit shill, trying to blow up the english parliament, who had that time a Reformed way of organizing society. As you know, 'Reformed ' in those days was equal to 'freedom for all men, God given freedom ' [ the same kind of liberty, the US is supposed to have started with ] .
But the jesuits wanted to have back their rule - the jesuits were the babylonian catholic church's army - and get Britain back under catholic/babylon Rule.

Nowadays, its the same thing - just the masks have changed;

this time, all those factions who work for the [ larger ] Babylonian System - the world system -
attempt to again Kill Off any God Given Frredom,
- by imprisoning every soul into a higher dimension - called erroneously ' the flower of life ' -

ruling every souls Aura with this false light

and indeed causing a Prison Planet

top topics

<<   2 >>

join