It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most AGGRESSIVE nation on earth!!! (Guess before clicking...)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Why does everybody seem to forget you Americans ARE English?! lol.

I do try my hardest to forget that fact, I mean who could blame me!
My ancestry is Scottish, Irish & Native American (Apache). I'm sure that there may be some mutt British mixed into the Scottish or Irish, but we don't like to talk about that possibility.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What Sissy had the brilliant idea of invading Greenland?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

And why do you dislike us British so much?
Saying that we have "Mutt" blood?
Well I agree with you we are a mongrel nation, we have had countless invaders, people coming over here mixing many different cultures and that is what puts the GREAT into us GREAT Britons
Don't see any GREAT americans nor GREAT germans, nah just Great Britons

So we are a mongrel nation and I for one am proud of that

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Why does everybody seem to forget you Americans ARE English?! lol.

I think the key difference between Britian and the US - is that the Brits done it in the name of colonialism whilst the US do it under the guise of Human Rights.

So lets see here...
We are English when it's important to claim status but when it's about real history of activities then there is a supposed distinction. Correct me if I'm wrong here but hasn't the UK been in lockstep with almost all US action of the last and present Century?

The problem with the 'colonialism' angle is that the majority of the locations 'colonized' already had people there.

PEACE.

Well, did you win your "independance" or what?

And yea, colonising - out with the old and in with the new.

I do love picking your brains lol.

ETA: "English when important" - who's said what's important? - what really IS important??

I can't really comment on who's leading who - we all have the same controllers - England does SEEM to be showing more constraint than our latter part however...

*caps in place of italics - mobile.

edit on 5-11-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by loam

Britain has invaded all but 22 countries in the world in its long and colourful history,

I love how they put it. If this was about the US it would say

WARMONGER!

Cheers.....

Yeah, we need to stop giving the award Warmonger to just one country.

Leaves out the others, not fair to them at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

That's right. The crown wasn't just going to roll over and give it to us.

And yea, colonising - out with the old and in with the new.

The Spanish had a big enough pair to call it what it was...

Conquistadors

edit on 5-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
What Sissy had the brilliant idea of invading Greenland?

That would have been Norway and Iceland (Vikings) - although I suspect Americans and Canadians and Russians have all done so at some point in the past 10,000 years as well

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I was not surprised .. as it goes, i was talking to someone recently about this .. i do wonder why the brits are so proud of a nation that throughout history has butchered so many people in the name of empire building, greed and power! (ps - im a part brit too!) .. (pps - i am aware they have contributed to good causes also.. its just it doesnt balance it out which ever way you look at it IMO)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Not surprising. The English have always had a foothold to the world from their well-established island fortress.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'll allow Al Murray to speak for me on this one...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by SLAYER69

It seems you made the mistake of being aggressive while we were just being"adventurous" ,

You left out "colorful history"

And you left out the 'u'.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Never a truer word spoken in jest eh?

Thanks for that make me laugh

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I saw the letters SAS in a post and these are some stout warriors but I still could take ANY beer drinker with a 5th of Everclear PER PERSON.As to the most aggressive ,well,it varies with the individual.They are a requirement to win wars yes but I submit the most aggressive collective on earth isn't a country at all.Its the IMF,the Rothchilds and JP Morgan/Chase.They pay the lobbyists float loans out to countries like loan sharks and fund the nastiest covert ops in history while paying off the power brokers of the world to do their bidding.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by Vandettas

Health bars

Haha, brilliant! Gonna take serious mana to get rid of that sucka!!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Have to say this did surprise me. If there was an invasion of the country it would be best if they were Brits, that way when it was all over we could join them at the local pub for some suds...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yay, I guessed right.

But then again, history has always been one of my favorite subjects, in particular warfare and I was lucky enough to have received the most accurate education concerning the bible books of Daniel and Revelation in the world, the bible books where the Anglo-American alliance had been prophecied a long time ago, so it's all no suprise to me:

For a clearer more detailed explanation of what I'm referring to watch the video in the following youtube playlist:

Additional evidence concerning the Great Conspiracy

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That's right. The crown wasn't just going to roll over and give it to us.

Could have

I wonder what Washington was really doing when he went for that walk in the bush and had his "vision."

Perhaps he conducted a secret meeting...

_________________________________________________________________________________________

By the way, the American Revolution wasn't really a big deal to the British as they had more important things to worry about. The uprising would have been a little blip on the radar.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Actually saw that coming! Although I'm English and should probably cringe at the facts but as it is I'm always proud of my history and my country!!!

As for the comment about "Mutt Britains"? Something rang true in my ears when I read that! It's true, England was invaded and settled by many differing nations and peoples during its history and look at the result, an all conquering nation. Then you look at the US, a country also founded by men and women of differant races and origin and low and behold! They become the worlds most powerful nation!

Imagine what would happen if the world united??????

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
By the way, the American Revolution wasn't really a big deal to the British as they had more important things to worry about. The uprising would have been a little blip on the radar.

Yeah yeah yeah ,Play it down.

I think that little blip didn't do so bad over the next 236+ years

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
And you left out the 'u'.

Etymology

Middle English colo(u)r, from Anglo-Norman colur, from Old French colour, color, from Latin color, from Old Latin colos "covering", from Proto-Indo-European *kel- ("to cover, conceal"). Akin to Latin cēlō (“I hide, conceal”). Displaced Middle English blee (“color”), from Old English blēo. More at blee.

I prefer the Latin spelling not French

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join