It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most AGGRESSIVE nation on earth!!! (Guess before clicking...)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Not that surprised but perhaps this is over stating it a bit? By that i mean that in many countries during our Empire, it wasn't aggressive invasion. It was more set up shop, persuade the locals they should let us handle all their resources in return for building infrastructure everywhere, then flog those resources for us.

Then there are the ones we undoubtedly aggressively invaded (lots of those too).

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Yeah sorry, forgot my own history. Cook mapped the east coast of Australia in 1770. It was the first fleet who landed in 1788 and set up a penal colony.
My humble apologies.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by loam

Not surprised by this, another reason why English is the worlds dominant language. Of course the English did not leave the Catholic church behind. S+F

I was the Spanish who took the Catholic church with them, After good queen Bess, the Brits were Church of England.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Most of these countries were just "instead of sitting around in rainy london, lets go out and explore the world". OK, tourists can be agressive, but its overstated to say that all of these countries were "invaded".

Empires rise and fall. After the English came the Americans. After the Americans came the Chinese. After China the whole cycle again started where it began: India.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

The most AGGRESSIVE nation

or

The most Adventurous nation on Earth.

Who was Britain named after ?

Answer: Brutus of Troy who trekked across much of Europe after being banished from Italy.

So maybe its in our blood to journey to new lands.

And lets not forget the Saxons (vikings) who also left their bloodlines amongst the British locals and took great risks of adventuring across rough seas into unknown lands.

Saxons come from Saxony in Germany, the Norsemen (Viking means 'to go pillaging) come from the Scandinavian countries.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I can't imagine how we missed Bolivia! (But my grandfather helped with the post-revolution invasion of Russia.)

These figures are historical. After World War II Britain decided it couldn't afford an empire any more and gave it all up -- except for small islands that would prove useful as dodgy tax havens.

If you look at the numbers for the 20th and 21st centuries you will get a very different answer. The Soviet Union? No, more likely the USA.

Don

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Good answer but just to be picky.........

Different eras. Saxons and Angles are from Northern Saxony and Lower Jutland areas. During later years, these were under the realm of the King of Denmark (Viking era).........although the Saxon territories belonging to Denmark were under constant threat and receding fairly rapidly (see the massive forts unearthed in Southern Denmark and the reasons behind them).

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Didn't the house of Wessex claim to be descended from what we know as Danish areas in what was Angeln? I believe one of the Danish leaders that the house of Wessex claimed to be descended from was called Wige/Wigo or something like that, and that claim matches Danish records of the same guy.. least I believe it was a guy *shrugs* and if that is so then it does seem a clear crossover between the two existed early on.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yes, that is true (and well remembered!). Very strong Nordic ties for the whole UK, whether it is Anglo Saxons, Normans or Vikings. I am not entirely sure for the Picts but i do not think they were originally native either - they have a genetic marker distinctive from Celts of the time.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Why does everybody seem to forget you Americans ARE English?! lol.

Its only been a couple of centuries, not a few thousands years!

You ditched the tea, added a twang to yer voices and lost a wee bit of common sense - apart from that - stop trying to disown your roots!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
errr, interesting s/f

this thread made me wonder... who killed off most of the native northamericans?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I may be wrong here Sinny but i think these days, of white Americans, Germanic is the most prevalent racial (if that is the right word) background.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
now you know why it was said that, "the sun never sets on the British Empire"
at one pint it was the largest empire in history, even lager than the roman empire.
and for over 100 years, it was the global power.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

north amercia had serval different countries on the continent.
there were the dutch, french , and the spanish to name a few.the english came along and stole most of the rest.

edit on 5-11-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

British have invaded nine out of ten countries

Ooh, Ooh!

Here is a map from a mainstream publication showing areas of the world
where geo-engineering (chemtrailing) has been ongoing, to the differing degrees as indicated.

www.guardian.co.uk...

No coincidence here Son! It all connects!

But Britain is answerable to Rome! And always has been.

All Roads Lead to Rome

Wakey wakey time! Time is short!
edit on 5-11-2012 by OutonaLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

Not for 500 years we haven't been.

And, to be honest, we pretty much ignored them for the preceding 1000 years (see Pelagius, etc).

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
That map is wrong in so many ways...

The british never invaded many of the african countries that are shown there in pink - those were other countries colonies (european also) unless you consider "merchants" as an invasion.

The british never invaded spain - apart from that sbs slight error during an exercise that had them landing in spain

The british never invaded portugal - oldest military alliance in history (unless you consider british going to portugal to defend portugal during the peninsular war against the french, an "invasion"- no they helped to STOP an invasion)

Actually the british never "invaded" at least 60% of whats there, unless you consider the actions of pirates and privateers (you know... semi-authorized piracy) and the likes.

And of course for that map to be even remotely accurate you had to include all the people from "the island" before it was "britain" or even before "britannia" - which makes both the title and the map completely ridiculous.

And the list goes on... who the hell wrote this anyway?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by loam

LOL - Not too smart either.

And just to add insult to injury.........they sent their naughty "convicts" to paradise.

Good one fellas

(Plus they can't hold their drink either - bloody lightweights - hehehe)

ETA: Except Sinny - she is exempt from bagging of the poms

edit on 5-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Sinny's disclaimer

Can't hold our Drink!!!!!!!!!!!! that's fighting talk

I take it from your use of the 'Poms' you are an Aussie, nevermind no-ones perfect

I could drink all of Australia under the table and still have room for a Kebab, bring it on

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Who is that women shes funny.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
the most aggressive nation on earth is Israel, which acts as the thugs for the British Empire. these thugs have captured the US military and political leadership (Romney just promised Bibi to invade Iran for him).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join