It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most AGGRESSIVE nation on earth!!! (Guess before clicking...)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well said. If you walk into any of the pubs near me and ask for a pint of large you get disdainful glances from all and made to feel most unwelcome. We like our beer to be more meal than drink!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

There are tea houses..but not many..more of the posh outing thing to do.
But go to someones home..anyones, and whats the first thing they say?
Cup of tea?

not in my house sir you get "fancy a can" lol, but agree the main offering is a cup of tea. and im atually sure there some form of tradesman blacklist you go on if you dont offer them a cup of tea

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Twinings? Only when desperate my good fellow. Us proud Yorkshiremen only drink Yorkshire Tea (Yaaarkshire Tea). I even take a cup out when walking t'whippet!

Personally, I prefer Tetley. Big corporate name, I know..but its very smooth.
Much better than american synthetic crap we got (Lipton..blah)

Guess that means I prefer Indian black tea.
Technically though, tetley started as yorkshire tea. Depends on how you percieve significance of historic roots to actual industrial methods.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Keep up sir/mam when did you go to the motherland 1950s?

Not that long ago.
late 90s/early 2000s.
And plenty were drinking bitter..the norm was lagar, but bitter was around.

My first beer in England was something called Pedigree. I went to a pub, said I never had a british beer, let me have one they are proud of.
took me almost an hour to drink half it, then just gave up..I was not encouraged.

You come to england and drink a veterans drink.. get some lager down yer son, come over
to portsmouth and ill kindly show you how to have a good time ill take you on a pub crawl
we have forty in a row you game with the whiskeys?...

Let's leave bitter out i don't wanna be sitting with the old guys now smoking pipes etc.
We will welcome you and take you to some backstreet boozers where real men drink.
edit on 6-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Weird fact they call a pint of Stella Artois, a pint of wife beater here in Glasgow now theres stereotyping for you! I have allways wondered how that came about, anybody know?
edit on 6-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
You come to england and drink a veterans drink.. get some lager down yer son, come over
to portsmouth and ill kindly show you how to have a good time ill take you on a pub crawl
we have forty in a row you game with the whiskeys?...

Let's leave bitter out i don't wanna be sitting with the old guys now smoking pipes etc.
We will welcome you and take you to some backstreet boozers where real men drink.

40?
Christ dude, I have grown fond of my liver, and insides.
Not to sound like a wimp...but unless its 40 thimble fulls...

I think blackout would hit at about number 12 really.
I wouldn't classify myself as a "real man" in those regards...I am more of a get a bit drunk, then go bird watching. Pretty sure rule 1 on bird watching is..don't vomit on said birds..sort of frowned upon in the whole sport.

In saying that, I never say I am a power drinker..but I to tend to drink a lot more than people whom claim they are..probably genetics or something...but 40..ya, thats just asking for waking up in a hospital or jail..or both. heh.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Because Stella gets you sh*tfaced so you don't really know what you're doing, especially on tap. I like Stella but after a couple, it's time to go on to the gnats piss. e.g Fosters/Carling/Carlsberg.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yeay lets get a ATS pub crawl going and see which nation is still standing at the end of it and i guarantee it will be the scots the irish and the english

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If there is one thing the United Kingdom still does best its consuming alcohol. In that we lead the world surely? Its really sad but im kind of proud of the fact!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
From what I gather from the only British man I ever knew (I never known a British woman)

I find British men are more charming, witty, romantic, magnetic...far more then American men, who tend to be childish....(Doug from king of Queens comes to mind)

They can also be pompus, arrogant, stubborn and ego centric.....

This comes from an observation of the only Brit I ever knew.....I love him like crazy for all his faults anyway...

link   

Originally posted by Madcotto
Yeay lets get a ATS pub crawl going and see which nation is still standing at the end of it and i guarantee it will be the scots the irish and the english

ATS pub crawl sounds interesting.

Call it the ATS Bunker Boozer Society or something

link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Weird fact they call a pint of Stella Artois, a pint of wife beater here in Glasgow now theres stereotyping for you! I have allways wondered how that came about, anybody know?
edit on 6-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Stella brewed in the UK is renowned in the trade for turning usually mild mannered people into lunatics.

I've also known it called "A pint of what the F@%#& you looking at?"

The French made stuff doesn't do it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

On my eighth can, the night is young. I'm gonna die before I retire.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
From what I gather from the only British man I ever knew (I never known a British woman)

I find British men are more charming, witty, romantic, magnetic...far more then American men, who tend to be childish....(Doug from king of Queens comes to mind)

This comes from an observation of the only Brit I ever knew.....I love him like crazy for all his faults anyway...

That explains why my Texan wife fell for me.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Get a passport and spend extended time overseas..
You will find generally speaking all people are the same.
You will also find people with stamped passports are generally more well adjusted people due to purposefully throwing themselves in odd situations in foreign lands..it changes a person. So, judging an entire people (for better or worse) based on a visitor is a bit skewed as your meeting one of the better types to begin with.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

That explains why I also fell for a British man.....lol

You are also good at playing on words....and the accent has alot to do with it...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm not stereotyping all Brits.....I know it was just an observation...
Although I'm American and I have seen our men turn from real guys (like my grandpa) to boys.....who love super heroes, and all other adolescent garbage....its a shame..

I do have a passport and I'm going in March to the UK.....

edit on 6-11-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I live in London, and this is pretty much the first thing I ever learnt in History.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I'm not steretyping all Brits.....I know it was just an observation...
Although I'm American and I have seen our men turn from real guys (like my grandpa) to boys.....who love super heroes, and all other adolescent garbage....its a shame..

I do have a passport and I'm going in March to the UK.....

Think that depends on who your associating with overall. What makes a man a man is a good question for the 21st century though. For me, a traditionalist approach to gender differences is how I approach things, but not to the extent of being a sexist. Some would say that gender differences is an illusion..I disagree..even if it is, differences should be respected as it makes the world a bit more interesting than if everyone is the same

As far as super heros...well, who doesn't think Iron Man is awesome...but zombie stuff is far more interesting.
Again, you will find the "yobs" over there are equal to our idiots over here.

But I am sure you will enjoy your trip. Where abouts you going? Got your trip planned?
edit on 6-11-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I'm a traditionalist too, for me personally I don't like gender reversal, I like a man to step up and provide for his family...and let women take care of the home and kids...it works for me anyways.....

As for super heroes ect...yeah in moderation its fine and dandy....however I have known too many men...who are more into childish things today, its like their mind never hit puberty....of course not all men are like this....but I've come across alot who are...

As for England, I'm going to fly into London, head out to Portsmouth meet some friends, maybe take the ferry to a few of the little islands....I'm not quite sure yet....but I know I will have a great time...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join