It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most AGGRESSIVE nation on earth!!! (Guess before clicking...)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Without the USA, Britain would be history. Britain was gone in both world wars without the help of the USA. Yous should feel lucky yous can still boast how powerful yous are

Aaah that old tired chestnut? Yeah you did decide to turn up at the very end, we'll give you that.

Aussies are usually there from the start... I agree the yanks come and stole the glory though.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
when you say Britain has invaded 9 out of 10 countries thats fine , you simply refer to Great Britain and the days of the empire !

How many countries have we as the United Kingdom invaded now ?
well whoever we are damn well told to by the US ! LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SucksMulder
Dunno how one can interpret the coloniation of Australia (and the like) an "invasion". I mean, it's not like nomadic tribes who had no unified culture or language (Aussie aborigines) could be considered true custodians of the land; despite being ceremoniously referred to as such today.

Why not? Just because they didn't have the same view of property rights as England? Ask the Aborigines, I'd imagine they'd tell you it was an invasion -- as would the Maoris of New Zealand and all the indigenous peoples of the Americas. Yours is an EXTREMELY specious argument.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yep, we pretty much ruled the world at one point. Glad we had the gonads to give everyone their freedom back.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by loam

Yep, we pretty much ruled the world at one point. Glad we had the gonads to give everyone their freedom back.

Yes because we gave it all back out of the kindness of our own hearts!

You will notice we had the foresight to retain most of the mineral rights in these new puppet nations!
edit on 6-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
At the time where there is truth in this thread, we were all barbaric...Just the British were better at it.

People blame america for a lot but lets face it, if there is no profit for the US they don't bother, where as 100/200 years ago everyone wanted to discover and if they came across a less developed civilization it was them who were classed as barbarians etc..

Thankfully the world isn't like this anymore.....or you would all be sipping tea raising your pinky finger...or all be speaking German, or even spanish as most countries have had a go, just they werent as successful.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I think this thread was perfectly timed for the Australian crowd.

Your British buddies are just getting up and having tea, thinking how to respond to this thread.

Meanwhile, this article reminded me of this: (NSFW)

Pretty damned funny.

edit on 5-11-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

I stand proud as I sip my tea. I've had 4 today already, no joke.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer84

Thats the thing though isn't it? For an empire, we were actually not that barbaric at all (obvious exceptions). We didn't want to conquer and rule, that wasn't the aim of our Empire at all. The Empire was based on trade and wealth creation (UK rather than native, admittedly). Basically, we wanted the world's resources so we could sell them stuff.

Compare that to say, the Mongol Empire. The desire there was to constantly find new enemies as that was their way of life (at that time). Genghis even said this, according to the Mongolian Secret History - life is about finding new enemies to conquer, new land, women and horses to take.

ETA:

6th cuppa so far today.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

The most AGGRESSIVE nation on earth!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

why would you not wanna take notes from us? we had the best empire of all time! the majority of the planet speaks our language. we revolutionised farming/industry/telecoms.We have one of the most colourful historys of any nation, we opend traid links with pretty mutch the hole planet that still stand today. and we are a tiny little island! so frankly you could do alot worse then take notes from us!!!! Rant over...

peace

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Just chiming in with my couple of tea 2 sugars here too ...
i had an american freind that
came over here and he having said we were soft soon changed his mind back in the 80s in
portsmouth uk.

Sipping tea top tail on daddies yacht my ****. mike tyson was to scared to leave his room
while training youngsters in manchester as he said we over here have riots every year but
you guys are at it with each other everyweekend 400 a side..

Up and down the country etc...

I had to sweep up many an american teeth outside one of portsmouths boozer when the
american sailors were in town picking up peoples girlfreinds and spinning them around without
asking if they wanted a dance or not. iv'e seen so many come flying out the window back then
while drinking in the pub opposite it's untrue..

However britain has changed for the better with accepting others into it..
I have alot of time for americans believe it or not when they are not getting big egos
claiming we are either to soft or to volatile etc..

Peace to all britain is safer now it's camered up to the eyeballs..

The average brit is not the tea drinking yuppy yacht riding elite you think we are..

Don't believe the movies about the english man top tailed allready lmao.

Theres good and bad in us all....

edit on 6-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by incandecenttruth
reply to post by MaMaa

why would you not wanna take notes from us? we had the best empire of all time! the majority of the planet speaks our language. we revolutionised farming/industry/telecoms.We have one of the most colourful historys of any nation, we opend traid links with pretty mutch the hole planet that still stand today. and we are a tiny little island! so frankly you could do alot worse then take notes from us!!!! Rant over...

peace

Now, be fair. Credit where credit is due and all that. We saw what the Dutch were doing, thought it a good idea.........and then took over.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
We had at the time the fastest ships with the biggest cannon. Essentially speed, accuracy and the ability to transverse great distances. Thats why our empire prospered same with the Phoenician Empire all be it to a lesser degree and without any cannon.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seamus

Originally posted by Sinny

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by loam

LOL - Not too smart either.

And just to add insult to injury.........they sent their naughty "convicts" to paradise.

Good one fellas

(Plus they can't hold their drink either - bloody lightweights - hehehe)

ETA: Except Sinny - she is exempt from bagging of the poms

edit on 5-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Sinny's disclaimer

Bazinga!

Good day mate!

Although to be a spoil sport - The drinkings in my Irish blood aha.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Wow, you've changed your av again! (yes, I've been watching it, as I do with all interesting avs) I must say, you're as pretty in the flesh as in pen and ink... (my cyber crush EXPOSED! LOL) Lucky bloke next to you...

OB on-topic:I would have guessed Israel, but hey, they're a product of the Balfour declaration, right? Apple, tree!

Why thank you!

Psst! That lucky blokes my uncle! lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Kinda sums up a normal night out in England, not the best example but i thought a funny one.

Defo not all sat on daddies boat drinking tea.

www.youtube.com...

not sure why embedding wasent working sorry
edit on 6-11-2012 by Madcotto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

Originally posted by liverlad
I thought everyone already knew we are the most badass nation in history, that's why you all speak our language!
edit on 5-11-2012 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

BaYd ass?? LMAO Not exactly what I think of when I think of the British, but whatever floats your boat.

You sir have obviously never made my mother a bad cup of tea

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

shhhhh lol

no granted but we took it to the next level you must agree?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Madcotto
reply to post by denver22

Kinda sums up a normal night out in England, not the best example but i thought a funny one.

Defo not all sat on daddies boat drinking tea.

There you go my freind ..i saw this one funny as hell..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
We had at the time the fastest ships with the biggest cannon. Essentially speed, accuracy and the ability to transverse great distances. Thats why our empire prospered same with the Phoenician Empire all be it to a lesser degree and without any cannon.

Andy you are right... england ruled the waves..HMS victory, horatio admiral lord nelson
defeated the french and spanish together and still won...

That's why i am proud to be from portsmouth and to be from england home of the royal navy..

The Warrior although never fired a shot in anger was the first iron clad battle class ship
in the world and the french would never have dealt with it..

The legend the battle of trafalgar England expects and england delivered

Sorry about the music must of been some tourist making it

The greatest ship in view here..
explaining conditions on board
This marvel of a ship and the cat o nine tails if you got out of line.
Topped up with vitamin c we went to work against the two countrys and victory was present.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Without the USA, Britain would be history. Britain was gone in both world wars without the help of the USA. Yous should feel lucky yous can still boast how powerful yous are

Aaah that old tired chestnut? Yeah you did decide to turn up at the very end, we'll give you that.

Aussies are usually there from the start... I agree the yanks come and stole the glory though.

Ignore the kids ..................... they're just jealous because they don't have a real history, I have a pub in my town that is twice as old as the USA

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join