It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE YOU!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Sorry, but.... GRAAAAAGH

Okay, so my friends are insane. Most of you know that.

Here we go again, with my room mates.

Both of them call people the worst names you can think of... just as a common greeting. Like its a compliment.

Where I grew up, them was fighting words. I can't be used to it. I cant accept it. I just can't.

Then yesterday, one of them calls me the C word over and over, joking around. It offended me to no end. I hate it so much.

Today, when she wanted to clean the house, she told my other room mate and I to get up and help her. She was laughing and joking, but she had a bit of seriousness in her tone.

I was rubbing my head, telling her I had a migrane.

So, she throws something at me and says "I don't care bitch! Get up and clean!"

Really?

Is this what friends are supposed to be like?

God I'm so SICK of it!

Does anyone understand this? Being treated like trash by people who call themselves your best friends?

I really can't stand them anymore. I want to move away. But my fiance and I can't afford it right now.

Am I wrong for being upset over this?

Does anyone get this?

Seriously???

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
So........................move out

Or keep making threads about how you don't like your roommates, it's up to you

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You are totally right. i don`t understand why people behave these way nowadays.

Some time ago this matter didn`t upset me. But now I like to keep a distance from this kind of person.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Most people are trash.

The only way to rise above is by being awesome.

I'll leave you with a song.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've been in your situation... Long story short I sucked it up, refused to sink to their level, decided that they can only affect me if I give them the power to and then moved out when I could afford to. People are not your friends if they treat you like that. You can't control them but you can control how much power they have over you and your emotions. Good friends are sometimes hard to find but IMO I'd rather chill alone than be abused just so I can say I have friends. Don't react to their nasty behavior and remove yourself from the situation as soon as possible. Negativity like that is very stressful and will wear you down in every way if you do not take action!

Good luck and find some real friends!

link   

Originally posted by Hawking
So........................move out

Or keep making threads about how you don't like your roommates, it's up to you

ATS is where I vent. Plus, I get good advice here sometimes.

I already said, we're saving money... but until we have enough for our own car, my fiance and I can't go anywhere.

link   

You must be getting something out of it. You keep putting up with it...you could have moved out, should have moved out, about 4 threads ago.....

Des

edit on 5-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

You must be getting something out of it. You keep putting up with it...you could have moved out, should have moved out, about 4 threads ago.....

Des

Yes, she's the one with the working vehicle. We rely on her vehicle for everything, until my fiance and I can get another car. Then, we're gone.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Des

Yes, she's the one with the working vehicle. We rely on her vehicle for everything, until my fiance and I can get another car. Then, we're gone.

Well then. You've made a *choice* to use her, until you can be in a position to not need her. You really have nothing to gripe about...do you...

Des

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I regret your pain.

You train people how to treat you. Every time you put up with something, you are affirming that behavior.

The dissonance you feel is coming from the fact that these people are of a lower social class than yourself. They can sense this, and demean you as a way of "putting your in your place." I'm sure that you will say that they treat each other just as rotten as they treat you; but if you reflect on it I'm sure you'll notice that their "comedy" has a different edge when it is aimed at you instead of each other.

They don't like you, and their behavior isn't even subconscious any more. They are literally telling you to your face what they think of you, and your place in their order of things. They are tolerating you because they need you. For now., But they relish more and more the thought of getting rid of you.

You need to be the first to end it. Leave, and don't do it gradually. Don't give them advance notice. Pack your stuff and leave in one single day.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

not exactly a conspiracy bombshell.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Then yesterday, one of them calls me the C word over and over, joking around. It offended me to no end. I hate it so much.
...and that is why.

The simple fact that you let it get to you(which I assume is very obvious), is the reason to keep saying it. The best counter-attack to that, is to do nothing at all. If you were to completely ignore it, she(??) would most likely stop saying it,..... and possibly even realize how immature it was.

Originally posted by coreytheconspirator

not exactly a conspiracy bombshell.
[color=4F4F4F] . . . . . . .↑↑↑↑ = Not even remotely close to a relevant reply.

edit on 11/5/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Sorry, but.... GRAAAAAGH

Okay, so my friends are insane. Most of you know that.

Here we go again, with my room mates.

Both of them call people the worst names you can think of... just as a common greeting. Like its a compliment.

Where I grew up, them was fighting words. I can't be used to it. I cant accept it. I just can't.

Today, when she wanted to clean the house, she told my other room mate and I to get up and help her. She was laughing and joking, but she had a bit of seriousness in her tone.

I was rubbing my head, telling her I had a migrane.

So, she throws something at me and says "I don't care bitch! Get up and clean!"

Really?

Is this what friends are supposed to be like?

God I'm so SICK of it!

Does anyone understand this? Being treated like trash by people who call themselves your best friends?

I really can't stand them anymore. I want to move away. But my fiance and I can't afford it right now.

Am I wrong for being upset over this?

Does anyone get this?

Seriously???

I used to have friends like you and felt the same as you did. I let the fear of being alone or having hardships sway the quelling anger that grew until one day it burst when i couldn't take it anymore. At first it was relief, then I began to question it as I became very lonely. I didn't have a girlfriend at the time so it was just me alone with my thoughts. I began to become interested in only things I liked uninfluenced by friendships, I conducted myself differently adhering to my moral code not the groups. I went back to school, married a very beautiful classmate and we just had a baby girl. Old acquaintances began to call me "different friends I used to have" and I let them in sparingly and watch them close. "beware of who you let in your life" A positive, smart, good natured group of people will make living your life so much more enjoyable. But first you must let go

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

It's time to filter your friends. I've had the same happen to me and so many times I've been so close to just punching them in the head, I've learned to walk away and show them the finger. Cut them off.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Not if they're from the UK lol.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Des

Well then. You've made a *choice* to use her, until you can be in a position to not need her. You really have nothing to gripe about...do you...

Des

Uh, I'm not using her. My fiance and I pay rent, and Im the only one who takes care of this place. I think I deserve more respect than being called a C word and a bitch all the time.

Not griping.

God help me for wanting respect from so-called friends.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Yeah, god forbid you get off the computer for 5 minutes to help your roommate clean.

chiiitttttttt, I can't even my sister to get off her arse to clean the house , or hygienically take care of herself. She's stinking up my house to no end and I have to use Lysol to get the stench out.

Get off your arse and help her clean.

No sympathy here.

Clean the house everyday and take a bath everyday and maybe she might lighten up on you.

Ever think of that?
edit on 5-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

No sympathy here.

And yet you vent about your Sis and her child all the time.

Face it, you both feed off the drama, otherwise your lives wouldn't have these problems.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Women

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And this is why I said a hypothetical all female survival clan would implode. Be like herding cats..

OP, you put yourself at the mercy of someone ( place to live, using her car) youre going to pay in ways you dont want to for such a choice.. especially since you picked such a low class person to befriend and be at the mercy of. Take a hit.. get out.. or quietly pay your price and save up $. Problem is youll probably never get your own place if you look for exactly enough money to comfortably do it and the golden carpetride to self sufficiency. Sacrifice... youll do it now or later anyway. EVERYTHING is your choice. Kinda like geting into a phne contract and the svc is crap.. you still committed yourself. Being a big kid SUCKS.

SOme dorky ATSer just sent me this BTW...

edit on 5-11-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join