It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BOMBSHELL: Major New Agencies Report Nibiru Collision

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions

Originally posted by Red73Eng
Yes, i did the same and CNN page appears. Link below
ireport.cnn.com...
So, if this is hoax mean that everyone may publish any stupid thinks on CNN without being censored or verified. I am not convinced. It is smelling something. Maybe soeone from CNN publish a page being prepared for the next days.

Please do not take offense, I am speaking in general terms to everyone but, regarding the above statement?..

Final proof to all members here on ATS, that if you choose to believe in something strongly enough, nothing is going to sway your reasoning, even if the evidence in favor of your theory is discovered to be false. People will always find excuses. One way or another, there will be found ways to make just about any event or story "real."

I am not a believer of Nibiru or any other theory of world ending. I am only concerned,and i didnt intend to make this story real, was only trying to find answers ofmy questions. If you provided any evidence or any post responding my concern please send the li k.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If this is true..

It just proves the vision I had. We will get hit by something large. It's only a matter of time and I wouldn't be surprised if this story was true.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well the only recent asteroid that I have seen that is making a close approach is going to be February 15, 2013. It's 2012 DA14, but it's far from Texas size. It's only 150 feet diameter or so I think. It's been a while since I looked at it. The distance of the approach was somewhere around 20,000 miles. I will find a link and post it. That doesn't mean there's not something worse out there. I always think of several things when I hear things like this...
The Pope's reaction to the third secret of Fatima
A rumor I heard a couple years back about the ashen and panicked looks on several government officials faces' after they left a meeting that was closed to the public. If I remember correctly, one official said something bizarre to someone as he left. I wish I could find this info again but I haven't been able to.mp
And, of course, the age old story of the Mayan calendar.
The list goes on and on... But I digress...
The link to NASA and 2012 DA14
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 5-11-2012 by Piper96 because: Link issues

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
seems to be just another elenin scare just like last year...i actually looked to the stars everynight to see if i could see anything, never did lol

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlssg4
reply to post by Derpitude

I noticed that "Astrophysisist" mistake too, immediately got me suspicious. As does the time stamp of Nov 4, 23:28 (in the Dutch SS) ...if you look at the "Latest News" to the right there is another headline with that timestamp, but it is talking about Syria. I can't prove it explicitly, but my gut tells me this is doctored.

Of course this is doctored..nibiru doesn't exist.
It's misinformation to keep the whackos running in circles chasing what they think is this massive conspiracy, when in reality they are chasing thin air and at times their own tails.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The title of this thread should be renamed to begin with "The HOAX"...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
CBA to look through all 12 pages to see if its been said before, but this was a troll. There was a thread with that picture telling people to post everywhere that it is nibiru and to send emails to news stations etc..

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Forgive me for this...

...but i laughed so hard

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

Haha....oh man that guy was really shaking. I think he needs to get off ATS.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Opinions and conjecture.

To determine if fact or fiction the starting point will be to find out when Taurus Constellation will be above and try and spot it with a very large telescope. It is right above me right now however it is currently daylight so I don't have much chance at this time of year. (Im southern hemisphere)

Ideally one of the independent telescopes in the North Hemisphere may have a chance to corroborate.
My closest one is a 4 hour drive and I don't have the time this weekend.

Anyways would be nice to look at options for independent analysis of the data this NASA "leak" is suggesting and leave the egos at the door.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I think something is definetly going on, because the amount of metoers that I have personally witnessed just this past week, is a lot around 12 huge bright meteors moving really really slowly,. Im not going to say Nibiru, because I dont think that its that, but I do think some kind of celestial body is leaving a lot of debri in Earths Orbit

Yes, It's called comet Encke, and when Earth passes through the debris left behind it, we get Taurid meteors or fireballs. The Taurid meteor shower has a reputation for producing bright fireballs, especially in swarm years.

Spaceweather.com has been writing about them, and also posted a clip of bright one over Mexico:

Sky watchers should be alert for fireballs in the nights ahead. Forecasters say Earth is entering a swarm of gravelly debris from comet Encke. Meteoroids the size of pebbles and small stones hitting Earth's atmosphere at 25 km/s are producing a slow drizzle of very bright fireballs flying out of the constellation Taurus. The display is expected to peak with a few fireballs every hour during the nights of Nov. 5-12.

On Nov. 2nd, Salvador Aguirre photographed a Taurid fireball streaking over Hermosillo, Mexico. Circled, the fireball was even brighter than the nearby Moon:

"Este fue un Gran Fireball!" says Aguirre, who estimates its astronomical magnitude to be -18. This means the fireball was 100 times brighter than a full Moon (magn. -13). To capture the Taurid, he used an All Sky Sentinel camera on loan from the Sandia National Laboratories.

"What always strikes me about the Taurids," notes Bill Cooke of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office, "is how deeply they penetrate Earth's atmosphere. On average, they make it down to an altitude of 44 miles. Contrast this to the recent Orionids, which burn up at an average altitude of 58 miles. Part of this is due to the speed difference: Taurids are slow (27 km/s) while Orionids are fast (66 km/s). In addition, many Taurids are made up of stronger stuff than the Orionids."

edit on 5-11-2012 by FireballStorm because: included image

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

It is a spaceship.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

He certainly does sound like he's "really freakin out n' stuff"...but on a more serious note: is there really any evidence that this was just an elaborate hoax? Or is it a possibility that the "truth" would just be too much too handle and so the story got snuffed...?

I realize that "physicist" was misspelled on the main page, but I wouldn't think that'd be enough to conclusively say this is a hoax, right?

Maybe the story truly is real, and was only pulled offline due to a combination of grammatical errors and potential wide-spread panic...?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I find it puzzling and I get bit mesmerized, when it comes to some of the dumb crap I find sprayed upon ATS's walls. Its a fact that the majority of the World's population does not have running water and the majority of mankind lack the brain cells to use logic....

This thread is obviously the action of one of the majority...

bigger problems in the World for mankind to solve, hmmm

world hunger, getting off this rock to colonize other planets before we destroy the planet, which we will as long as the majority exist like the people that lack the brain cells to use logic or are just to lazy to, they will be using this same format or school thought,

Lets see oh this is a big one, this is your Nibiru, for the dumb buts out there, this is the big problem.. Nuclear proliferation.

Now that I have wasted 5 minutes of my time to attempt to teach the World.. Failed of course... Back to the ignorant post and pages and pages of illogical bull crap...

No I am not a troll, just sick and tired of seeing how stupid and lazy most homo sapiens have become in 2012... Its appears evolution has begun, and mankind's brains are shrinking...

for the lazy idiots, that do not like to think and are even to lazy to ask Google, since your so dependent on technology, your not thinking which means.... Your brain shrinks
... Evolution.

edit on 5-11-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Maybe these news sites were hacked???

That would explain this.

It's either they were hacked, I thought I saw a thread earlier today about Anonymous going hacking nuts today, or else the most likely explanation would be that these stations were duped and they published the stories too quickly, realized they were duped and then took them down. Well, just my opinion anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Alright, I don't feel like reading through all the pages here, and I'm sure someone was smart enough to shoot this down.....

If this asteroid is going through the constellation Taurus, whose nearest star (Gliese 176) is 31 light years away, and it is travelling 55,000 km/h......think about it guys, it's not rocket science. The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second. This thing is moving 55,000 kilometers per hour. Even if it were moving at the speed of light, and was by the closest star from that constellation, it would still take 3 years to arrive on a straight shot.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
For those of you wondering how it was debunked but didn't bother to read the first few pages:

Yes, the misspelling was a clue, but not the main thing.

The main thing that stuck out was that there was an article about riots breaking out because of this news.

The question was asked: How could there already be riots breaking out, when the news itself was just breaking? How could BOTH stories suddenly appear at the same time? Would not riots start happening after at least a little while AFTER the main article was released? How would the news be released, and at the very same instant, an article on how it's causing riots?

Oh, and guess what? Locations were wrong in the story, and sorry, but there were no riots where they said were riots.

Conclusion? hoax. And not just from a single misspelling.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
30%??

Is it weird that I got excited?

It's probably just another hoax though..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

I am not defending this asteroid thing, the website was hacked, but yes it was addressed and what they mean by thru Taurus is from our siteline....the view of the constellation.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It could mean the one in 2013

But while we know what 2012 S1 is, it's still unclear where it came from. Its orbit suggests the comet may be a runaway from the Oort cloud, where billions of comets orbit about a hundred thousand times farther from the sun than Earth is. "For astronomers, these distant origins are exciting," Samra said, "because it allows us to study one of the oldest objects in the solar system still in its original, pristine condition."

news.nationalgeographic.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join