It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most amazing animal I have ever seen and from my own yard!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by restlessinMT

Originally posted by abeverage
Are you in the Northwest? I have always wanted to photograph a White deer!! Amazing!

In Big Sky country! Montana.

Thought it looked familiar I am one state over in the west

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I saw a white squirrel on the golf course a few weeks ago. We actually saw two which seems impossible. It could have been the same one but we had driven at least a half mile from the previous spot from which we saw the first one, nonetheless I can't confirm it was or wasn't the first one we saw. I had never seen one before.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

So cool! Thanks for sharing. What a fluffy tail!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

Thanks for sharing that. Like you said. Its a hit! And pretty soon, it's head will be stuffed on somebodies mantlepiece. Just because its unique. Maybe thats why there are so few. They make a good backdrop for rifle sights. Plus, lions and wolves see em better in the dark.

Learn to run little one...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

That is a purdy piebald deer, Iv seen a few in a area north of me.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Thats reall cool. Keep a close eye for hunters this fall if the doe's still around your place, and tell em to FACK OFF if they ask you where it is....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

name one place where lions and wolves are out for the same dinner......

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
reply to post by intrptr

name one place where lions and wolves are out for the same dinner......

Sorry, I meant "Mountain Lions". Just about everywhere these days in the Rockies...

Edit: Stiff competition among them too.

www.gameandfishmag.com...
edit on 5-11-2012 by intrptr because: Link

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Here is one of the remarkable things I see up on my farm in West Virginia. This snapping turtle was in the road blocking passage. His shell was bigger than a dinner plate, about 14 inches wide, 20 inches long. He looked me directly in the eye, made no aggressive move until I tried to encourage him to move along. He then "snapped" the air to let me know he didn't have to. LOL

This was a particularly bittersweet find, because in the same location, many years ago, my baby brother and I found a snapping turtle about the size of a man's fist. It was a fiesty little thing, snapped a stick right in two. My baby brother has passed...but as evidenced by this old timer, the flora and fauna are thriving on the farm.

We are blessed with deer, pheasants, turkeys, squirrels, woodchucks, seasonal geese, and of course, racoons, opossums and such.

BT

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I remeber Hearing a Military Base in the US

that for some reason has a Mess Load of White Deer

Ok I think this is the Place

Seneca Army Depot
en.wikipedia.org...

Home to the world's largest herd of white deer, the base is in the towns of Varick and Romulus. Adjacent to the storage facility is the Seneca Army Airfield, whose long runway could handle large cargo aircraft; it too has been closed.

Seneca white deer
en.wikipedia.org...

These deer are not albino, but instead carry a set of recessive genes for all-white coats

The One Atround your House Pretty much is ... a Albino

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
that's pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yes, please don't kill the animals. Why is this deer any more special than a cow?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Toronto is interesting because it has ravines that run into the downtown area from the suburbs. The ravines are the path into the city for a lot of wildlife.

I have seen foxes and raccoons and one opossum plus our squirrels, many of which are jet black to the surprise of a lot of visitors who have never seen black squirrels before. Chipmunks are rarer but I have seen one and . . . I have seen a deer walking down the sidewalk in front of our house. This is a densely built up east end neighborhood of the city so a deer looks fantastic in every sense of the word. Surreal. The physical grace of the wild things, like deer and foxes is in another class from the domesticated dog or cat.

I had a cute picture of a raccoon baby on our balconey, but I don't think I can find it for this thread. (Got to organize my photos one day.)

The OP's neighborhood looks very nice.
edit on 5-11-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Albinism is from gene mutations that affect the production of normal pigmentation. A real true albino lacks melanin and are white with no markings and with unpigmented eyes (pink). So, since we can't see this doe's eyes, markings or lack there of, we can not determine if it is a "True Albino".

A partial (blue-eyed) albino has slight pigmentation. There is also piebald-ism where there are patches from mutations in certain skin cell areas. Animals such as a Siamese Cats have color on cooler parts of the body with colored head and legs, but not on warmer parts of its body.

There are other kinds such as bluish-grey anerythristic who lack the color red. Tyrosinase-negative where it produces a pale yellowish animal with pink eyes. Tyrosinase-positive making a fawn/platinum color. Axanthic lack yellow and their color depends on colors in their original pattern.

Leucism is not albinism, but it is reduced pigmentation. It's in makes animals white or almost. In lions it will be usually white or very pale hair, with dark eyes and some pigmentation, for example ghost markings. Partial leucism is called piebald. Large patterned horses, birds with large areas of color and patches of less or no color. Chinchilla is a mutation that affects the distribution of pigment on the hair shaft. White tigers are chinchilla. Other mutations also cause white animals; some animals (like white peacocks) are white, but not albinos.

Contrary to the "Closet Geniuses" who believe this is a "Hoax", I am confident these photos are real as I have seen Deer, Antelope and even a White Bear in the wild and of course there is the famous "White Buffalo" (not the bar in Santa Cruz but an actual White Bison like these:
but here again, these are not Albinos.

And while I am wasting my time educating the kiddies, it is worth noting that in the wild where predators don are in natural numbers, white and albino animals not live/last for long and of course in well hunted areas, man kills white animals at first chance just because of their rarity.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'll give it six months before someone poaches it and either sells it/mounts it for themselves or it gets killed by some other animal. Unfortunately albinos don't last very long in the wild both because they don't fit in to their environment as well and because they're prized trophies for hunters.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I wasn't aware there were white deers.
She's beautiful.

Would look nice to have a red collar and bell for Christmas lol

Glad you shared this

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Thanks for all that good info but it is an albino. This is the same deer just a photo that was in our paper. This photo was taken on a golf course one block from our house. I can see the pink eyes and ears.

billingsgazette.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Cool. There are deer in my back yard pretty often, I have never seen a white one though. Thanks for the pics

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I hope nobody hunts her down for the sole purpose of mounting her on a wall.
That would be tragic.

I only see raccoons in my yard. There's been bears, but I missed the sighting.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Wow thanks for sharing the photos. wish i could see an albino deer in real life, let alone in my back yard.

all i have seen around my neck of the woods is an albino squirrel, black squirrel, and a squirrel with little bunny like ears and a bushy white tail like a bunny.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join