It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most amazing animal I have ever seen and from my own yard!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

I'm peanut butter!

Albinos dont survive long in nature! This deer is in serios danger, friend! His hide is worth tens of thousands of dollars!

I wouldnt kill it, and I would NOT recomend anyone else do so either!
edit on 5-11-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
For a few years there were huge black squirrels, owls, goshawks, wild turkeys, bobcats and an occasional cougar but no longer thanks to retirees from California clearing land and building huge homes after selling off their little ranch style homes on the overly inflated real estate market there.. There are still wild hogs, raccoon, coyotes, deer, opossum, and feral house cats and mice and wood rats... I'm glad I'm off in the woods but it's not as interesting as it was not very long ago... Why is it when these people move to Texas they buy horses and where cowboy costumes?? Horse crap stinks.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
To OP, if i was you i would call the nearest zoo to come and pick this thing up, because if you dont, sooner or later it will be toast. Better to live in the zoo than to not live at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Wow what a view! I so need to move there! The only view I have is of a bank and the main road, A1A. Ugh.

I would love to look out my window or door and see this! Lucky you

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Through my years of hunting Ihave seen many albino's as yearlings, they are special. However I have need seen mature albino's except in petting zoo's etc. I sure hope this one makes it. As a hunter I never would have taken such a rare speciemen. I envy you, what a relaxing sight to see.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Those must be Mule Deer...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I saw an albino deer in the kettle morraine state forest while mountain biking about 15 years ago.

To be honest,it scared me at first,then I was just amazed at what I was seeing.

It's awesome you got a picture of it,I didn't have a chance to whip out my 35mm before the thing was gone.

If you get out in the wilderness you see lots of amazing things,too few really do.

Awesome post.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iscool

they are indeed mule deer as can be seen from the white patch on their rump, whitetail do not have that. i have seen many white deer in my time and there used to be several farms around my area that bread them. they are not as rare as one would think, but they tend not to live long due to their obvious problem blending in anything but snow.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
very nice,very rare!
i seen a video clip (can't remember if it was ats or not) of a lady who said she seen a white buck for a while,
and finally the beautiful creature got close enough for her to take a shot of it.
well shoot she did,and killed the animal!
and she was quite proud of her rare trophy!
she truly is an idiot!!!
nice pics though!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Beautiful! That is so rare to see, I hope people leave her alone...

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

This is great information!! Thanks you for sharing this soo much!

Native cultures believe that when white animals appear; it is a sign of change around the corner. These white animals have been seen ALL over the world lately! If any one trusts the Native belief, then something is coming and these white animals are the SIGN.

Here is an article to the white calf buffalo story. I have read over the net, and facebook, of many people seeing white animals of all kinds! This is a deffinate sign of coming change, Im sure it would be for the greater good for Earth
(If not, we would be seeing black animals with red eyes
)

I have watched interviews of the Natives sharing the white calf buffalo story, and others. These cultures are more pure in the mind and heart then most people who live in societie's boundries, the native are more attuned with the natural and spiritual worlds.

Its up to the reader to take these white animals as a sign of change or randomness.. I for one do not belive in coincedences or randomness.

Take care;
Love is an art

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

That is really neat....It's nice to see these special events from time to time.

It is equally uplifting to see that you are very appreciative. Thank you for sharing!

SnF

tom
edit on 5-11-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Aw, her color will make her very vulnerable to predators.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Are you in the Northwest? I have always wanted to photograph a White deer!! Amazing!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

White squirrels! That would be cool to see. We have a lot of them around here and it is my dogs goal in life to catch one!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I live in Northeast Ohio, we have one in our city, people stop and take pics around here too!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Undeadlady
To OP, if i was you i would call the nearest zoo to come and pick this thing up, because if you don't, sooner or later it will be toast. Better to live in the zoo than to not live at all.

This deer has been in the local paper and some others so our zoo already knows about it. I really hope no one hurts it. Like I have said before cars are the worst thing around here. Not many predators. I think most coyotes have been run off my all the developments around here. But who knows where they will go wandering all winter.

I think they do stay in the area though. We have a lot of deer.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt

This is great information!! Thanks you for sharing this soo much!

Native cultures believe that when white animals appear; it is a sign of change around the corner. These white animals have been seen ALL over the world lately! If any one trusts the Native belief, then something is coming and these white animals are the SIGN.

Here is an article to the white calf buffalo story. I have read over the net, and facebook, of many people seeing white animals of all kinds! This is a deffinate sign of coming change, Im sure it would be for the greater good for Earth
(If not, we would be seeing black animals with red eyes
)

I have watched interviews of the Natives sharing the white calf buffalo story, and others. These cultures are more pure in the mind and heart then most people who live in societie's boundries, the native are more attuned with the natural and spiritual worlds.

Its up to the reader to take these white animals as a sign of change or randomness.. I for one do not belive in coincedences or randomness.

Take care;
Love is an art

I came across this too when looking for information on Albino's. When I read it was a sign of change I said to myself for the good I hope!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Are you in the Northwest? I have always wanted to photograph a White deer!! Amazing!

In Big Sky country! Montana.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iscool

Yes they are Mule deer. Sorry to throw another photo out but here is a young buck that was taunting my dog on Thursday. He would not stop barking which usually means someone is here. I looked out the kitchen window and this buck was just standing there staring at my dog.

Otis was loosing it. I thought the buck was going to cross the bridge. He was totally fearless even when I went out to get a photo. At least he didn't charge.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join