It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory on UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Not sure where to put this and I am not a scientist in any way. Last night I was watching a show on basically building the space crafts that will fly to mars and how they need artificial gravity etc. I believe its a series of shows talking about it. Also I had read a thread that is now dead and gone about a guy claiming to build UFO's etc. I just laid and thought for a while. So I am just going to throw this out there and see if it would would or wouldn't work and why not.

I made a image kind of describing what this would look like and I am wondering if it would be able to get any type of lift doing this if the lower magnet is bigger and with the rotation the way I described could the inside of it have any type of gravity if the outside parts were spinning at a high rate of speed? Just something I was thinking about for like 15-20mins before I went to sleep.
edit on 4-11-2012 by ExCloud because: Found how to upload.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Also it may seam dumb and please don't come barking at me saying I am saying this is how UFO's work or I am dumb etc. I don't know much about magnetic fields or anti-gravity at all. Also I put this in the gray area because it was my person thoughts from last night thats why I chose here.
edit on 4-11-2012 by ExCloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

I do not think you are dumb, crazy or on the completely wrong path... I can't be sure your path is right or wrong, since I know about as much as you claim to know...

There is something to magnetism and it's properties. I truly believe it will be where the next huge discoveries are found.

For some reason there are a lot of people attracted to magnetism and what secrets it may hold. Almost like we are pre-programmed to pay attention to magnetism and focus on different combinations of pole positioning and relative movement... maybe it is accumulated knowledge that is passed down from generations, kinda like built in instincts.

I can't know that for certain either, it just seems like there are so many theories out there concerning magnetism, gyroscopic mechanics, cymatics and acoustic levitation. Maybe our minds are being used to push forward in a direction that leads to an incredible new discovery... maybe not, one thing is for sure, it is great to see people being open to possibilities likes this and working to make them real, instead of telling themselves it is BS and an impossible science.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Well I was trying to figure out and read on what type of magnetic polarity our magnetic shield has and I couldn't find it anyplace. Because if its positive or negative that would also have something to do with it I would think. If its both then I'm even more lost then I was before. I hope some of the smarter ones come along to help me out.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I just think it has to have something to do with magnets and spinning and other stuff. Well at least up till we break out into deep space, but for a flying saucer to work and be completely silent thats what I came up with.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

I personally believe, in UFO speculation, that a real UFO would use several different forms of technology to maintain the highest level of sustained efficiency possible.

In most depictions we see the UFO portrayed as using only 1 propulsion method. If these crafts are travelling throughout the cosmos, then several adaptable forms of propulsion would be a neccessity.

Sometimes we see people speculating that a UFO might depend on a planet's magnetic field to function properly. That may indeed be the case, if they are capable of using some sort of exterior magnetic amplification technology. If not so equipped, then the planet's magnetic field would probably just be way too weak to use as a component of propulsion.

Hopefully we will all continue brainstorming and eventually come up with something that is truly capable of meeting the expectations we have for anti-gravitic propulsion technology.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Yea see I think when they leave earths orbit or something maybe at the very bottom they have one thruster. They set their coordinates or however it would be in space terms set their flight destination say it was Mars. Then they hit that thruster to get up to speed and then the rest is just a coast like we would do if we went their coast most of the way. That would account for people seeing strange movements then just a streak and gone.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They can sort of create monopoles for a second under very tight conditions, but you can't really have an object with a positive magnetic charge and an object with a negative magnetic charge. They "always" come in pairs. Whenever you get a bar magnet it has two poles; a north and a south.

I'm not exactly sure what spinning a magnet is supposed to do?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

The spinning I was thinking could cause a gravitational field in the vehicle. Ok so if the bottom is say positive on the top and Negative on the bottom; and the middle is negative on the top of its magnet and positive on the bottom wont they in some sense push away from each other causing some lift? If the bottom magnet was a more powerful magnet it would push the middle away harder making it lift... or no?

edit on 7-11-2012 by ExCloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

I think it is probably something everyone has thought about at one time or another. A while back, I had an idea about the technology needed to cover the distances of inter-stellar space travel.

I had an idea once that would probably be harder than building a 'SOL' (Speed of Light) capable engine. It involved mapping the entire Universe and assigning values like a modern atlas - Knoxville, TN is located @ D-6 on the USA atlas (not really, just an example of what I mean)

Next, we would need a way to remove the craft from all effects of space/time physics. Once removed, the coordinates would be entered and the craft would find itself at this location instantly.

From an observer's viewpoint, it may appear that either the craft is what moved or the craft remained stationary and the universe is what moved around the craft... I suppose both could be right...

It would probably be easier to develop a mode of travel using the properties found in future quantum entanglement science, or material teleportation as that technology advances and larger objects are successfully teleported.

I am not very smart in these areas, I'm only speculating based on sci-fi stories and a little on what I have heard in the news.... I'm not even sure my ideas would work in a bad sci-fi flick,

It can still be a fun trip to fantasyland and fantasyland has spawned some relevant scientific ideas.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

If you take a magnet and put it on the ground and then put another magnet on top of it so that the opposite poles are close, then the top magnet(provided it is light enough) would push away from the bottom magnet; it would generate "lift." However, join them together and it becomes a whole other "system" than the one in the first example. You wouldn't see any lift.

For example, take your hand and put your other hand on top of it. Now, push real hard with one hand. The net force on each hand taken separately is non-zero. Your hands likely accelerated away in some direction. Did your body follow along with them? Can you push on your own body and generate lift?

I'm sure that this is a bad example, but it's all a Newton's second law type of problem.

Spinning the magnets wouldn't really have any effect at all.

You can sort of simulate gravity by spinning an object. For example, imagine a record or some other object that spins. Now, if you put a marble on it then the lack of centripedal force will cause the marble to move to the edge of the spinning object. If there is a ridge of some sort along the edge, then the marble will "stick" to the edge of the spinning object. It will behave as if there were a force pushing it up against the ridge. In space, in the absence of appreciable gravity, you can use this effect to simulate gravity.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson
reply to post by ExCloud

If you take a magnet and put it on the ground and then put another magnet on top of it so that the opposite poles are close, then the top magnet(provided it is light enough) would push away from the bottom magnet; it would generate "lift." However, join them together and it becomes a whole other "system" than the one in the first example. You wouldn't see any lift.

For example, take your hand and put your other hand on top of it. Now, push real hard with one hand. The net force on each hand taken separately is non-zero. Your hands likely accelerated away in some direction. Did your body follow along with them? Can you push on your own body and generate lift?

I'm sure that this is a bad example, but it's all a Newton's second law type of problem.

Spinning the magnets wouldn't really have any effect at all.

You can sort of simulate gravity by spinning an object. For example, imagine a record or some other object that spins. Now, if you put a marble on it then the lack of centripedal force will cause the marble to move to the edge of the spinning object. If there is a ridge of some sort along the edge, then the marble will "stick" to the edge of the spinning object. It will behave as if there were a force pushing it up against the ridge. In space, in the absence of appreciable gravity, you can use this effect to simulate gravity.

I guess that makes sense. Do you have any idea what polarity our magnetic field is around earth?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

Just like any simple bar magnet, there is a north pole and a south pole. When you have a magnet or something with an electrical charge you can draw a group of continuous lines that represent the "field" or the strength at some point in space due to whatever it is your field represents.

For example, with a bar magnet [S]---------------[N] You have a group of lines that come out of the north pole and curve around in the direction of the South pole. The lines close to the bar magnet curve back into the South pole and, as you move further away, the field strength decreases and only vaguely moves back towards the south pole. You can definitely find a quick picture of what this looks like online.

This is why a compass works on Earth. The little magnetic needle is attracted/repulsed to the magnetic North and South in the same way two magnets right next to each other repulse/attract. Needless to say, magnetic North is not the same as Geographic North; it is slowly moving.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Mayson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

Thanks a lot. Everything I googled on it really didn't tell me much or explain it well. Okay so that makes more sense. Also I saw a show on UFO's and I am going with Electric Power source as the most plausible thing that might be used in UFO's. My idea was out there and just a thought.

top topics

join