It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I suck at thread titles!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So I was on my facebook earlier and I noticed something odd. In the "people you may know" list I keep seeing nothing but middle eastern men...with really strange profiles.Why is this weird you may ask? For starters no one on my friends list is middle eastern..so how would I know them?

Now,as for whats strange about them? They're all either from Saudi Arabia,Iran,United Arab Emirates and the like...they all have only a few friends(mostly foreign women) and they also all appear to have left their respective countries to look for work elsewhere.Also their profile pics appear to be mugshot like - which brings me to the point of this thread. Is there something going on here? Perhaps these "profiles" are being planted? There's just something that doesn't seem right about them.In other words they seem fake.I guess the point of this thread is to ask some other members to have a look and see if you are seeing what I am!

Now for the disclaimer - this is not a thread to bash facebook.I'm aware that many ATS users HATE it. Those of you who use it.. please have a look and see if you see what I am. On the outside chance these men are legit I am NOT going to link to their profiles.You'll just have to dig around on FB if you have one to see what I mean.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Maybe one of your preferences are the same as the supposed fake profiles?

I follow Chen Weiyin, the baseball player and now facebook only show me people from Taiwan lol

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

I thought about that..but I have mine set up pretty strictly..no one can find me or message me or any of that unless they're on my friends list.As I said there's just something...off about these profiles.Almost like they are there just to get your attention.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I understand. I never experienced something like that. My only problem so far with facebook was some spam that I received, including some business proposition from Benin lol

top topics

join