It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parent License Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Reading another thread the subject of parental stupidity came up.

Listening to the news tonight it seems another 2 year old was dropped over the rail into the painted dogs enclosure and mauled to death.

And who could forget that old classic of forgetting the kid is in the car seat and leaving them in the car, accidentally.

With the above in mind I suggest that parents must pass a written exam and be issued a license before having any children. This thread is to record the suggested questions and multiple choice answers for such a test.

I will get us started...

When transporting a mattress on the top of a sedan the proper way to secure to mattress to the top of the vehicle is:
a: use a small child to weigh the mattress down.
b: use a large quantity of rubber cement to glue the mattress to the car.
c: use a child of no less than 50 lbs to hold down the mattress.
d: use rope and proper knots tied by your Eagle scout.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
When transporting a mattress on the top of a sedan the proper way to secure to mattress to the top of the vehicle is:
a: use a small child to weigh the mattress down.

And you wonder why I have no kids..

Looks like I failed the kid test.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Word...

Can't contribute to the questionnaire, as I would be biased, but...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I know this is a rant and although I would love to say that this would be ideal. There is no way a system like this (parental licensing) would work. Unless you gave every male vasectomy at puberty and would only reverse it once the person/(and their spouse) file for government parental licensing. Imagine the fee's on that license to counter the incredible cost of vasectomies.

Then their would be arguments over tax dollars funding unwanted vasectomies that are imposed on the people rather than having to pay for abortions. What an interesting debate that would be.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Well, we could take any unauthorized kids and use them to staff the Navy. Then we could save money on recruiting and bonuses.,...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

MH, good to see you. Been a while.

That is the right answer in some of the deep south states...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

E. All of the above. Duh. . .
2nd line

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by Manhater

MH, good to see you. Been a while.

That is the right answer in some of the deep south states...

Hey watch it buddy

Stupid people are everywhere, not just the south. That happened in Pittsburgh by the way.

Oh and if you're gonna give people an IQ test, make sure you check your spelling before you go confusing us southern folks.

the proper way to secure to mattress to the top of the vehicle is:

edit on 4-11-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Well, we could take any unauthorized kids and use them to staff the Navy. Then we could save money on recruiting and bonuses.,...

They could botch the vasectomies on purpose to take all our tax money and use it to fund a place where they raise the unauthorized children to be government sleeper/super agents. That would make an interesting story.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I like the idea of a parent test. I don't really care for it being tied into this tragedy

. I was at that zoo this summer. It wasn;t a busy day. I didn't see very many employees readily available.

The 6 oclock news said the child was in the enclosure for several minutes before the dogs attacked. The drop was only 11 feet.

If it were me i probably would of jumped in after my baby.

I don;t know the mother who just lost her baby in the most horrific way possible. I don't know what her situation was, or what happened. I do know she was a Mom taking her child to the zoo, and now he is gone. She must be in a world of pain right now. Sadness....

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

How do you recover from something like that? How could you go on?

And the thing is, what you are thinking, is how could I have been so stupid...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Mom is from Arkansas. No offense....

I just mean that every place could have their own standards,

Like some states allow the U turn, some do not.

And of course writing abrasive comments like that increases interest and responses and makes the thread longer

edit on 4-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this, is this what maybe prompted you to write this thread?:

From an earlier thread:

Originally posted by nerbot
There should be an in depth written test to allow pregnancy and an understanding of the consequenses of a quick bit of 'jiggy' and a contract to confirm all financial obligation until adulthood BY BOTH consenting parents 50/50. If either conditions are not met, don't do it or be prepared to make sacrafices.

Thing is, with pregnancies still occuring through "accidents" there would be a hell of a debate regarding what to do in those situations.

I also said this:

Originally posted by nerbot
Sadly, I think the human race is destined to keep squeezing them out at a rediculous and selfish rate.

Interested to see how this plays out....s&f

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm going to say

Granted, there are a lot of parents who make you shake your head but this is all in your own opinion.
I can find just as much fault with parents whose children are over -scheduled with school, extra curricular lessons, volunteer work, other social obligations to the point of stressed completely as with parents who sit in front of the TV all day with no job and a half empty bottle.Both could be guilty of negligence.Either scenario could either bring out the best or worst in a child.
Besides that fact, parental involvement is a small portion of how a child is raised.
It takes a village to raise a child.
I'd also like to add, that many children raised by the state have fared far worse than any raised by parents who perhaps should have been deemed "licensed".
Not a great track record.

new topics

top topics

join