It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US lab validates Padang IS older than the Giza pyramid 14,000 BC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I see your point and will try to stay objective but I'm leaning more and more towards a newer understanding of this location.

You know me Byrd.

P.S. Good to see ya out and about more often

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

yep, we'd prefer to say "Bahasa Indonesia" rather than "Bahasa" since "bahasa" means "language" in English..so it's kinda weird when you say "bahasa speaker" because it's means a speaker of "language" but it's common for foreigners who learn "bahasa Indonesia" to call it short "bahasa" ...sorry if couldn't provide an English coverage news regarding this topic...and of course pardon my english..

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I find it very strange that all the southasian pyramids were covered by Earth. Like they were covered over on purpose.

Well, we have seen plenty of pyramids found in Mexico and Guatemala that were covered with earth. Some were thought to even be mountains before they started digging. It's reasonable to speculate a pyramid as old as this one potentially is would be covered under much more soil and vegetation considering the possible age of the site than say the ones in Mexico, Guatemala ec. Also, Gobekli Tepe in Turkey is believed to have been purposely buried. so who knows

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by corpse

Thank you for your contributions.
Awesome info and insight.

I agree the Government there should be doing more to investigate and protect the site from vandalism and theft.

That's tragic.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Protection of sites in third world countries tend to be slack, ie on Rapa Nui there is no protection at all - which is good in one way bad in others. Many countries don't do much due to monetary constraints or just a general disinterest in the 'subject'.

Non-third world countries also do this -the Americans do up their battlefields very nicely while in UK few are so protected and in Europe such coverage varies from marvolous to nothing

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Excellent photos from Corpse
These are just the weirdest "dwelling" ruins... if thats what they are.

I don't understand how they could use these stones as building blocks to make "stone houses". The pic below seems to imply they are standing on end... sort of planted like stakes to make a foundation? How would you build up from that base? Seems no wall survived. Why this weird wall/foundation of upended stones? I don't get it.

I also note that the stones themselves look like that volcano kind that is on that Pacific island that the indigenous population used to build "log cabin" style? I forget the name of the place. Those stones were "pre fabbed" by nature with hex shapes... is that what I am seeing here?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

If this proves to be true it should get immediate UNESCO World Heritage recognition and protection.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
I normally have a load to say on these subjects. But tonight, I am just interested in what the usual crowd of ATS "debunkers" has to say first.

Why did you post a comment at all then...?

Carbon dating isn't as accurate as people are led to believe, but it certainly could be possible that the structure is much older than the pyramids. We don't have an accurate or significant grasp of ancient history,people, buildings.. or anything really.. a lot is speculation for obvious reasons, but it's exciting.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yes we'll have to wait a bit, hopefully it won't turn into a 'Bosnian' fiasco!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I also note that the stones themselves look like that volcano kind that is on that Pacific island that the indigenous population used to build "log cabin" style? I forget the name of the place. Those stones were "pre fabbed" by nature with hex shapes... is that what I am seeing here?

That was my first thought.
In the US we have what is called Devil's Tower.

The igneous material that forms the Tower is a phonolite porphyry intruded about 40.5 million years ago,[10] a light to dark-gray or greenish-gray igneous rock with conspicuous crystals of white feldspar.[11] As the magma cooled, hexagonal (and sometimes 4-, 5-, and 7-sided) columns formed. As the rock continued to cool, the vertical columns shrank horizontally in volume and cracks began to occur at 120 degree angles, generally forming compact 6-sided columns. The nearby Missouri Buttes, 3.5 miles (5.6 km) to the northwest of Devils Tower, are also composed of columnar phonolite of the same age. Superficially similar, but with typically 2 feet (0.61 m) diameter columns, Devils Postpile National Monument and Giant's Causeway are columnar basalt.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
thanks for Slayer69 and Kantzveldt for bringing up this topic...in my country this topic has brought a lot of controversies and intense debate. i'm not a geologist but at least this i can contribute to my fellow ATS. i summarized the local circulating news and research conducted up to now for those who are interested,

There are at least 3 controversies regarding Gunung Padang megalithic site

1st controversy: it is a step pyramid (in Indonesian is called “punden berundak”)
“punden” means sacred place (holy burial site) while “berundak” means constructed in stairs/steps. it is assumed as natural-made platform. When the volcanic eruption occurred, magma reached the surface, the cooling process happened and resulting in the form of stone pillar structure and columnar jointing. It is indicated from the type of the stone pillar (andesit basalt magma and basalt lava) and the geological map of Cianjur Valley (1972-2003) shows the flows of andesit lava and basalt lava that created rugged high altitude terrain ridges known as Gunung Padang. These pillars are varied in diameters but most of them are either 4 or 5 sided column standing vertically against the lava flow.

It is believed when the site was constructed long time ago, these human had discovered this “lava valley and hill” and thus they only shaped step pyramid construction using the lava hill natural platform. The top was cut and its cutting was used to level the rim like a cutting and filling process in civic engineering. Therefore those pillars are not man-made.

2nd controversy there is a hidden mega structure beneath the megalithicum site.
In 1914 a Dutch historician N.J Krom noted on how extra ordinary the outer site was but the spectacular structure is actually hidden beneath the surface, a long buried “step pyramid”.
21st june 2012 : geological team led by Dr. Danny Hilmawan conducted geo electrical scanning, noticing an anomaly of underneath structure 20-30 m depth. The team discovered a high resistivity (solid rock) structure in the form of a niche or “a giant grail” in the womb of Gunung Padang. The location is estimated 100 meter from the top or at the same level of the first step to reach the site’s top. Another shocking surprise is the indication of three more very high resistivity 300 meters beneath the sites. The most visible one is in the form of chamber. In the process of drilling, the team discovered another astonishing fact; fine sand in the depth of 4 meters. The teams presumed this material was used as a “shock-absorbing pad” protecting the “hidden structure” from earthquake.

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

Thanks for this update, the core samples were taken from considerable depths were scans show the possible subterranan chamber, which contained charcoal and also a fill of fine sand not natural to the mountain..

Any natural material buried between three and 12 meters under the surface should have been millions of years in age, Budianto said.

The fact that the material beneath Mount Padang is relatively young indicates that it probably is man-made.

3rd controversy just how huge this "punden berundak" is?

Stone construction on each “terasering” (terrace) (west, east, north and south) generally is 2 meters tall and the space of each terrace is also 2 metrs in length. This “terrace”construction is known to prevent landslide/errosion. The diagonal length of each terrace reaches more than 200 meters. At least, there are 100 steps on each terrace. Similar to Macchu Picchu, Peru.
The site total area minimum estimated is as wide as 1, 5 hectare ten times larger than Borobudur. It would be one of the greatest civilization architectural masterpiece from pre-historic time noted by Dr Boediarto Ontowirjo, as "truly extraordinary", but he further admitted that this needs more comprehensive survey.

you can watch the excavation and drilling process here..
Drilling Vid
Excavation Vid

Borobudur needs 9 years of restoration (1974-1983) to be like what we see today, apart from the excavation and earlier restoration effort carried out by England dated back in 1825,1834, 1842 and Dutch in 1907 - 1911 during their colonialism period. however, none could explain how this magnificent temple was constructed.

and if this step pyramid mega structure here is actually true, i couldn't comprehend on the advance technology that our ancestors actually had....

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by corpse

Wow,very interesting,to say the least!

Thank you for sharing that.

That deserves it's own thread.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by corpse

There was also the video presentation from earlier in the year which i linked to on my thread;

And article extracts i ran through Google translate...

Strong suspicion menhir-this leads to abdominal cavity in Gunung Padang megalithic sites, as at the terrace below, within 50 meters of the location, which is parallel to the fifth terrace, there is also characterized by the same menhir. . Two stones with one meter high and a diameter of about 40 cm is standing parallel to a distance of about two meters. There is a similar line in both these rocks as stone was found on the terrace pinstripe on it.

. This standing stone is estimated as the entrance to the arrangement of stairs under it.

. . With the intervention of technology, the team first scan of the altar, from the surface and the cliff. Danny Hilman. "From the 3D geoelectric and georadar discovered two doors in the hallway. Hallways were now open team effort," said team leader, Danny Hilman. . Scans were performed at 14.00 yesterday and earlier, strengthening the presence of a hallway.

Based on the survey results geomagnet, Integrated Research Team Self-aware of the high magnetic anomalies in several locations Mount Padang. . One of them, which included a large, situated right next to the alleged structure or underground chamber.

. High magnetic anomalies can be associated with the accumulation of goods made of metal

Geological team that is part of the Integrated Research Team Self Mount Padang sure has found space in the belly of the mountain meadow. . This space is a length of 10 x 10 x 10 meters at a depth of 25 meters

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by corpse

outstanding post. that site is stunning.

and, as a minecraft player, i am intrigued by the design of the building (and how i might replicate it).

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Bingo! Thanks kdog... now I know what to call it, its easy. "Columnar Basalt". Heres the place I was thinking about.

www.guideoftravels.com...

edit on 5-11-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Bingo! Thanks kdog... now I know what to call it, its easy. "Columnar Basalt". Heres the place I was thinking about.

www.guideoftravels.com...

I climbed around Devils Tower in my youth several times.

Then I saw this movie and my whole perspective changed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Sorry Slayer about the off topic. I couldn't resist . Kdog... my favorite scene:

movieclips.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Pilot rock in Oregon is a similar if not as spectacular as the Devil's tower

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

To claim that we know about our origins
reply to post by beezzer

Because carbon dating is only 96% accurate?

Although our origins are beyond doubt at this stage.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Padang, which lies in Sumatra and part of Indonesia's great chains of islands, is a great source of mystery, just as is the entire area of south east asia stretching from today's China borders with other SE asian states to Antartica.

The earliest modern known RECORDED history of those states datesback to only a few centuries. Nothing much had been known prior than that, except for UNRECORDED history, of which fossils of human skeletons had been found scattered on several SE asian states such as Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand, which dates back to even millions of years.

The earliest records came from the Indian empire, where remnants of the Mauryan empire fled south to new lands. The indians were the first to settle in SE asia, and along with it came their culture, such as Hinduism and Buddism. The indigenous people mixed with the indians, as well as with the chinese migrants from China whom fled south.

It was only sometime in the 10th century that the influence of Islam came and converted much of those states into monetheism, as a means to galvanise and create empires - Indonesia and Malaysia, while Buddhism was maintained in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos,Vietnam,etc till today.

The modern recorded history of those 2 countries orgins were Hinduism and Buddhism, not Islam as many westerners had presumed, and thus perhaps accounts for their apathy to research further back in time as they are fully muslim states today.

But the question that is most intriguing of all still is - WHO were the people of SE ASIA from 17,000BC, and then seemingly disappeared, or regressed, like the mysterious Mayans, till the Indian and Chinese migrants took over sometime in 300AD.
edit on 6-11-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join