It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Flying Aid Gives Food, Generators, Gas To Hurricane Sandy New York, New Jersey Victims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

You might have a point about a P.R. stunt.....IF this was an Israeli Government sponsored Organization. It's not.

Israeli Flying Aid (IFA) is a non – for – profit, non governmental aid organization which provides life saving aid to people affected by natural and man made disasters in developing countries worldwide. IFA provides assistance to all who are in need by distribution of relief items, medical assistance and any other life saving methods.
Source

As someone else noted, they have a well earned reputation for being among the best in the world at what they do. They happen to be Israelis and it's based in Israel....but it's a Non-Government group. They don't do this for P.R. stunts..it's what they do full time for a living. It's generally in the 3rd world, but everyone sees Sandy was something just a bit beyond the normal for our needing help.

I didn't even call Iran's offer a P.R. stunt. Not for this one. We probably should have taken it too, looking at that 300,000 gallon fuel spill. Iran has expertise with that. Oh Well... If Bloomers wouldn't let the Guard in without a fight, there is no way under the sun he'd let Iran in to help, even if they had the last help available.

You realize that you posted just about their whole website with that quote? I'm not even sure that is their website; it says its The Israel Forum for International Humanitarian Aid. In the middle of the page it says: "Top Stories", and just below that "No Stories."

As I wrote in another post in this thread, I searched online for this organization and found nothing besides the OP's link and the link you have here. The organization claims to have been around since 2001 and helped Katrina, Haiti and a few other disasters, but they have no website to speak of, and no pictures and stories of their past relief efforts? To say this seems a bit suspicious is an understatement.

And you know they have a well-earned reputation in disaster relief because why? Because of this press release by the israelnewsagency.com ? Go to the topmost page of this website and see how bare it is. The "breaking news" link gives a 403 "not found" error, and the news archive is essentially propaganda articles about Palestinian terrorism and how the US purportedly says that all of Israeli lands obtained by "forced wars". Go to the "about" link and it is all about a Joel Leyden, a self-described native of New York. Yet the website claims to be "Israel's First On-line News Organization since 1995".

Very hinky, if you ask me.

edit on 5-11-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
Try googling "Israel Fying Aid" too (with the quotes) and see how many links pop up -- exactly one, the same one.

I did and got 5,520 results.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Very good point.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by knightrider078

Hmm, according to the site you cite and link to:

Kahana [the N.A. operations manager for this Israel Flying Aid] said that most of the efforts had been donated by Israelis living in the US

and

"The food had been donated by Panera Bread and Dunkin Donuts in the Hartford, Manchester Connecticut area..."

Uh...thanks, Israel, for all that aid that is coming from...uh...the US.

And the website article also says this:

[ex"Israel Flying Aid, in having Israelis on the ground here in New York and New Jersey, have [sic] made Israel the only foreign nation to provide humanitarian assistance to the US during this disaster./ex]

Are they sure no other foreign nationals have helped out? Seems like a rather haughty claim to make.

And the article says to send all donations be sent to "P.E.F. Israel Endowment Funds," which has NYC address. I google this name and ONLY find this same article. Try googling "Israel Fying Aid" too (with the quotes) and see how many links pop up -- exactly one, the same one.

This all doesn't really pass the smell test.

That said, I also attempted a google search of "foreign aid for Hurricane Sandy" and didn't find any pertinent or germane links that mentioned any specific aid/help given by other countries other than the offer of aid from Iran that was turned down.

The spin the OP put on this would be funny if it wasn't so drastically desparate.

Good research by the way MrInquisitive

The aid from "Israel" turns out to be from the USA by American citizens with dual citizenship.

There are other countries who have send aid, my native Canada being one of them.

Ontario hydro crews headed to New York to help restore power

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for adding that information and perspective. I'd heard just small bits about the impact on the islands down there before it came north. I'm almost ashamed to say...I never checked back or found the time to think about what it left behind down there. 70%? Oh no.... Haiti has almost nothing to start with. Their disaster, in their world, may be more catastrophic than ours in the end.

I guess it takes being reminded sometimes to recall how bad others have it and from the same event, in this case.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I'm curious.... What about this aid group is driving such interest in proving them to be something negative or other than what they present themselves as? Is their aid not good? Are they not bringing comfort to suffering people right now?

It just struck me...there is actual time being expended here to figuratively attack these people and beyond their organization having an address in Israel, I can't understand what makes them stand out in any way to deserve it?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

But...but...that's impossible, the Zionist Jews are Evil and hellbent on worldwide domination

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That's very weird. I just checked after reading your post, and found a number too. The fact that I did get just the one last time I tried (the IsraelNewsAgency one) tells me that I didn't type it wrong.

So I stand corrected on the dearth of websites mentioning this organization, but I still can't find one for the organization itself. If somebody else finds it, by all means post it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I'm curious.... What about this aid group is driving such interest in proving them to be something negative or other than what they present themselves as? Is their aid not good? Are they not bringing comfort to suffering people right now?

It just struck me...there is actual time being expended here to figuratively attack these people and beyond their organization having an address in Israel, I can't understand what makes them stand out in any way to deserve it?

I'll be happy to answer your question. First off, in reading a thread about Iran offering aid and it being turned down, somebody had wondered about whether or not Israel was sending help. I thought that was a good question since the US provided help with firefighting this summer when Israel had bad wild fires. So then I saw this thread about Israel sending aid for Hurricane Sandy relief, and I took a look at it to see what was being done.

I then went to the press release that was linked and read it, noting where the aid was actually coming, i.e. the US, from and the comment by someone with the group that said they were the first or only foreign agency providing aid in this disaster. Seeing that all the aid offered appears to have come from within the US, I decided to try finding out more about the agency, Israel Flying Aid. When I looked 24 hours ago, there was nothing besides this press release and the barren front page for it at the Israel Forum for Humanitarian International Aid (or something like that). So then I started looking at the IsraelNewsAgency site that has this press release, and I just reported what I found. I also noted that I tried googling the address that donations to IFA should be sent, and couldn't find anything regarding it, which did strike me as suspicious.

I also mentioned that I couldn't find anything about any other disaster relief from foreign countries, via Google, and so I asked that anyone finding any such information to post it here, because I am truly curious what countries are helping with aid/relief for this disaster.

Hope that answers your question.

That all said, as I explained in another reply, it is very weird that all these sites mentioning Israel Flying Aid didn't show up when I first googled it about 24 hours ago. I have no explanation for that, but the fact that the press release that is linked in th OP did show up -- and was one of the two item to (beside a Youtube clip) -- tells me that I didn't mistype it when I did the search.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So what ever happened to Iran's offer for help?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So I stand corrected on the dearth of websites mentioning this organization, but I still can't find one for the organization itself. If somebody else finds it, by all means post it.

I can only find a "dead" site, here.

The Internet Archive has an older version.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is what i found on local forums site (Tapuz)
www.tapuz.co.il...
Not a lot of info there though. A bit more in Hebrew site but no much,too.
They also have page as a member in IsraAid site ,but there is even less stuff.
israaid.co.il...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Where did you get that info from? Some, ehm, objective site wrote in every Jew as dual citizen for totally hate-unrelated issue?

Even if it was true, there is significantly less then 3.5 million Jews living there. Probably rest of dual US-Israeli nationals are eeevil shape shifting reptilians.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
So what ever happened to Iran's offer for help?

It was turned down by the US government. Don't believe people in Hoboken or Staten Island had much say in the matter.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I did a few searches in Hebrew & English, it seems the reason you don't see much on Israel Flying Aid because they are not really an organization by itself.

They are just a forum of several dozen Israeli and Jewish relief, NGOs (also called "The Israel Forum for International Humanitarian Aid").

In essence all this forum seems to do is coordinate the activities of the different organizations for big disaster efforts like Haiti, Sandy and such..

www.who.int...

Of course, if you prefer to believe what was implied in earlier posts, i.e., that Google results are being manipulated by the jooz to create P.R,. non-existing aid out of thin air, this info will probably not convince you.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BalmG
I did a few searches in Hebrew & English, it seems the reason you don't see much on Israel Flying Aid because they are not really an organization by itself.

They are just a forum of several dozen Israeli and Jewish relief, NGOs (also called "The Israel Forum for International Humanitarian Aid").

In essence all this forum seems to do is coordinate the activities of the different organizations for big disaster efforts like Haiti, Sandy and such..

www.who.int...

Of course, if you prefer to believe what was implied in earlier posts, i.e., that Google results are being manipulated by the jooz to create P.R,. non-existing aid out of thin air, this info will probably not convince you.

What you wrote regarding what Israel Flying AID (IFA) is doesn't make sense. You are claiming that the IFA is a forum of several dozen Israeli relief/aid NGO's that is also called "The Israel Forum for International Humanitarian Aid." (IFIHA) From what I can tell, IFA is supposedly a member of (IFIHA). And when you go to the IFA's page on the IFIHA's website, there is next to nothing on the single webpage for the IFA. Nowhere in the link you provided or in the ones that I found does the IFA equate itself to the IFIHA (or vice versa).

You apparently can read Hebrew, I infer from your post, yet you can't find much more information than myself regarding this group. A forum moderator also could not. Yet the OP suggests this group, the IFA, has a good reputation -- based on what, I cannot say. I also mentioned that I could find nothing via google concerning the organization/business/agency/whatever-entity that the press release ffomm the IsraelNewAgnecy said to send donations to. And there is also the matter that this press release on IFA only mentioned help being given by business and individuals in the US. So I am still quite unimpressed with the evidence that this relief organization exists and that it has rustled up any aid from Israel.

Your post seems to insinuate that my posts have some hidden (or not so hidden, as you may like to believe) agenda, as to why I am pursuing this matter. I started looking at it on a lark, and then the more -- or rather very little -- I found out, the more I started getting suspicious. Go ahead, play the antisemitic card if you wish. All I've done has been to present what I have found, and to state my opinion that there seems to be very little known about this supposed organization, and that the address for donations to be sent to it didn't even show up on a google search. I'm not going to apologize for pointing that this organization looks sketchy and that you might want to think twice before donating to it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join