It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transit officers on high alert after makeshift bomb found on tracks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Transit officers on high alert after makeshift bomb found on tracks

www.vancouversun.com

METRO VANCOUVER - Transit officers continue to be on high alert this weekend and have added extra security staff on SkyTrain after a makeshift bomb was found on the tracks in Surrey Friday.

Transit police spokeswoman Anne Drennan said officers were continuing a sweep of all transit stations on Saturday.

"We also want to reassure the public that this is being taken seriously and that we are taking every possible precaution so that they have a safe ride," she said.

Read more: www.vancou...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ctvnews.ca

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is scary stuff folks. Isn't too often we hear about attempts like these in Metro Vancouver. I believe it' was originally reported a second object was found in the metro town area, but later deemed not to be an explosive device.

I'm curious as to where this is headed. Is this perhaps a lead up to terrorism on Canadian soil, whether by foreign or home grown individuals?

From the sounds of the device it was intended to be detonated with a fuse. Perhaps someone was interrupted while planting the device? "There are no suspects at this point in what was the first explosive device ever found on TransLink property Drennan said."

I'm a little shocked by these revelations, what say you ATS?

www.vancouversun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Shocked, yes; surprised, no.

What too many people don't realize is that the jihad war is not only against Israel and the United States, but against any and all non Muslims. Just read the news about France and other nations starting to get the same treatment from radical Islam and it becomes clear that we are only one of the prime targets but not the only ones.

I am an engineer by trade and I could devise many ways to conduct terror attacks with "off the shelf" components and materials. I am just glad that most of the jihadist radical Muslims do not seem to be as sophisticated in their use of weapons of terror as they could be.
edit on 4-11-2012 by happykat39 because: added info

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think that an easy way to distrupt a city is to plant fake bombs all over the city.

I am not saying that is a good idea to do, I am just suggesting that it would certainly distrupt things around town.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

That is an interesting point, and I did think of that with the second device turning out to be nothing more than a bunch of trash wrapped in plastic. Perhaps, this is exactly as you've put it. The original explosive device was found in a manner it wasn't set to explode. Could be a means of causing panic with out a boom. I wonder if we will see more of these in the near future.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Don't be so quick to say it's Muslims. There are plenty of crazy people out there. Does the Unabomber ring a bell? Could be crazy anarchists too, or Nazis.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I suppose, and the elections are almost over in the states. Tensions continue to rise in the middle east perhaps these type of events are going to continue popping up with in NATO nations to give us that one last push towards the go ahead on the Iran war.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

This is more than likely the case, here. I have never heard of any " Muslim " based terror attacks or even plots in Canada before and after the whole American "Terrorist" craze.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So far I haven't heard many people talking about who they think did this, just general shock that this would happen... The other "suspicious" package they found a yesterday ended up just being a purse with a watch clipped on the outside

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Don't be so quick to say it's Muslims. There are plenty of crazy people out there. Does the Unabomber ring a bell? Could be crazy anarchists too, or Nazis.

While your statement is true, it is also a proven fact that the vast majority of deadly terrorist attacks over the last decade have been perpetrated by young Muslim males from mid teen to late twenties or even early thirties. I read somewhere that the ratio of Muslim terrorist attacks to non Muslim terrorist attacks is something like 100 to 1.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Nicely put. ...and true.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
... unless you count all the terrorist attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq (and others) perpetrated by the US and her allies...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoonz

You get my star. There has only really been the one " Terrorist" attack in the states, and I'm really not even a little bit convinced a Muslim did it. Real Muslims, don't commit acts of terrorism.

Those in Iraq and Afghanistan are fighting to try to free their country from occupation. I would likely do the exact same thing if Someone tried to occupy my country. I think they are brilliant, and it should be a sign that a foreign occupation is not wanted their.

Only Major terrorist attack on US soil was 911. Horrible, my grandfather(fire fighter) lost many friends that day trying to help, and he is currently sick from inhaling the dust. I'm really not convinced, it was Osama, or any muslim. I don't know who did it, but I don't believe the OS in any regard. He will tell you the same, but then again he also won't talk about a lot of it, he's simply called bull# every time they've pointed the fingers the direction they have.

So I'm going to go with 0. 0 terrorist attacks by any Muslim.

There may be men who claim they are Muslim, but they are no different than any Murderer, rapist or pedophile who claims to be a Christian.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It was probably planted by a harper goon, so he can squeeze some more control over canada. He learns from his american government goon buddies well.
edit on Mon, 05 Nov 2012 04:45:29 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Don't be so quick to say it's Muslims. There are plenty of crazy people out there.

Agreed. No use blaming someone when there is zero evidence to tie it to anyone.

We could blame it on 'Anon' until there is evidence linking it to someone else.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Murder Incorporated and the Fascist Nazi's strike again to try and this time bring NWO to Canada and tighten rules and security here.

They include amongst them: Bush Sr., Kissinger, DuPont, Rockefeller, Rothchild, Soros, Gangsters behind Obama, and the Vatican of Course. Ben Fulford named a whole lot of them in August and we need to arrest them, or make whatever attempts we can to demand they be arrested and dealt with, this tiny group of little old men mobsters must be dealt with.

top topics

join