It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh wow. The help people are giving after Sandy is mind blowing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Unsure if this was posted as I just saw this article, but wow. Even the MAYOR opened his house to those in need, a doctor is doing free medical help for any who need it, food places are bringing food to those who need it..... kids are selling cookies for cheap to raise money for the fund.

Stuff like this just warms my soul. See? SEE? There ARE good people out there who help others in time of need and don't find any reasons to say, "But...." or "Well they'd not be IN this situation if..." People mess up. And there are people who are amazing and do things like THIS to help their fellow man.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml?ICO=most_read_module

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Thanks for a great story, OP! One of the members here living in England had said he'd seen collection efforts for aid over there as the storm was still hitting. I love England. Whatever happens between our nations, we're always bound and brothers in so many ways.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That is so true. I love when I see fellow man coming together to help each other.

Too bad this kind of love can't happen all the time. I'm confident we'd see a much better world for it. Why does good only happen during tragedies?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The mayor of New Jersey does an a lot of good for his people. He even puts his life on the line at times. He's one politician that cares about the people rather then lying to them. Props to him.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

On another note, I didn't think too highly of Governor Christie in the past but I admired his willingness to silence critics by reminding people that even though he and Obama are of opposing parties, that they are still adults trying to do the right thing for the folks in that area.

You see, that's what is missing in America at this moment.

We are divided on invisible ideological lines when we should learn to set those aside more when in need of help.
edit on 4-11-2012 by VaterOrlaag because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

As it should be.

But.......

I would like to see this, on a everyday occurrence. Why wait for a disaster, just help like there is one !

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Precisely. If we put less status on money or getting something for something and instead started to do for the good of it, peoples viewpoints would change. Sure there would still be the greedy takers, but the majority I BET would start to learn that sharing and giving means a lot more than 'how much can I get for this' etc.

A step in a good direction is much better than no steps at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by Manhater

On another note, I didn't think too highly of Governor Christie in the past but I admired his willingness to silence critics by reminding people that even though he and Obama are of opposing parties, that they are still adults trying to do the right thing for the folks in that area.

You see, that's what is missing in America at this moment.

We are divided on invisible ideological lines when we should learn to set those aside more when in need of help.

Best example of dropping the partisan BS I think we've seen in a while

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
thanks for this. I didn't even think to look for a lime light. This is great news. again, thanks for the up lift.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

It just goes to show that us humans are not all that bad.

I dont know what else to say except our thoughts are with you ALL.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The community will do a far better job than the government, where is the cry for help, the outrage at the lack of resources from FEMA etc. The MSM is not covering the story and these people of NY nad NJ are not or do not want to be part of that 47% that Rommeny so accurately and truthfully spoke about. If it was anyone but Obama at the Helm this would be plastered 24/7 on the MSM and fight for air time with the Libya-Gate.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The mayor probably only let those people in to win votes.
I believe genuinely good people exist, but people that want power over other people are usually inherently bad.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ssupp

It's not just about the vote. He has helped people who he has seen get into a car wreck. He dropped everything to make sure that person was safe. He also ran into a fire burning building to save a female. That's why he gets voted.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yeah, ^ Stuff like that is what makes a man, truly. I'm tempted to say there are a few in politics who actually do care. We need more than a 'few'. Totally more than a 'few'.

Reminds me of that song

lyrics:

From underneath the trees, we watch the sky
Confusing stars for satellites
I never dreamed that you'd be mine
But here we are, we're here tonight

Singing Amen, I, I'm alive

[Chorus:]
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died

And I'm singing

Amen I, Amen I, I'm alive
Amen I, Amen I, Amen I, I'm alive

And in the air the fireflies
Our only light in paradise
We'll show the world they were wrong
And teach them all to sing along

(I'm alive)

[Chorus x2]

And as we lie beneath the stars
We realize how small we are
If they could love like you and me
Imagine what the world could be

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died
When nobody died...

[Chorus]

We'd see the day, we'd see the day
When nobody died
We'd see the day, we'd see the day
When nobody died
We'd see the day when nobody died

edit on 5-11-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Beer company sends canned water to Sandy victims (video)
www.examiner.com...

Awesome! Way to lead by example.

top topics

join