Flashes of light in the sky

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thought i'd post this as it's becoming more frequent, for the last couple of months i keep seeing the entire sky flash very brightly. I'd best describe it like a camera flash and it's often 2 flashes within a second. I never see it direct but in the bedroom we have thin curtains and i see it while laying in bed though the curtains. I've lived here years and never seen it before until a couple of months ago. At a guess i've noticed it about 7-8 times over the last couple of months.

It was only a few days ago that i thought to myself how it's becoming more frequent and then it happened again tonight and then it happened again about 15 mins after that. Anyone got any answers? For reference tonight when it happened it was about 12.30 and i'm in north Leicester uk. It was overcast tonight but other nights it's been a clear sky when it's happened. When i say flashes i mean the entire sky lighting up and it's a white flash like a camera flash

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gibbajabba

Not lighting? I mean - I see flashes in the sky but I'm pretty sure it's heat lightning...cloud to cloud - no thunder. Pretty typical in the south...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't think that's it as it's freezing here, another odd thing is i've never seen it before until a couple of months ago...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You describe as many of my friends from the UK have described as heat lightening.

They all say it's unusual or it has never been seen before.

Is it global warming?
Is it something else?
I don't know,but here is an example of heat lightening.......

edit on 4-11-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Same here in manchester like tonight at about 7 ish and a couple of occasions over the last few month never vigilante enough to get a recording with my phone as it is just a quick flash.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
was it the entire sky, horizon to horizon, greenish in hue, and extremely bright, like a nuclear bomb went off or something? this happened to me during the middle of the most intense storm ive ever seen in october last year. i thought i was dead as it was BRIGHT AS #$%& and noone will answer straight bout it. it was not lightning, it was not transformers blowing. power was OUT then the sky was GREEN AS HECK and i thought i was going to die looking at my girl. it haunts my dreams sometimes. the only peice of info i heard about it was that it is either sommat to save the world, or possibly a doomsday device.... project blue beam? i dunno, but what i saw was CRAZY

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I wonder if these light flashes in the sky are the same which I have experienced, I live approximately 4 miles from my local power station and it is not uncommon for the whole sky to light up in a mannor to which you have described. I believe this phenomenon is a result of HV electricity being discharged. I'm not certain as to what reasons or factors for this occurrence but I've never thought it to be anything serious or be it sinister just take it for granted as a by product of electricity production.
I'll have to as my father, he used to work there, I'm sure he'd be able to explain what happens.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by groucho1001

I wonder if these light flashes in the sky are the same which I have experienced, I live approximately 4 miles from my local power station and it is not uncommon for the whole sky to light up in a mannor to which you have described. I believe this phenomenon is a result of HV electricity being discharged. I'm not certain as to what reasons or factors for this occurrence but I've never thought it to be anything serious or be it sinister just take it for granted as a by product of electricity production.
I'll have to as my father, he used to work there, I'm sure he'd be able to explain what happens.

this is good news, could you please elaborate when u get a chance? im RIVETED to see what you say.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
No worries bro. It's just Nikola Tesla's Ghost watching over you.

He's the new Jesus haven't you heard?

Ha ha, it's probably heat lightning bro.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
When it happens it's the entire sky that lights up at the same intensity which is very bright and very white, i don't know what it is but i would rule out lightning. I've seen lightning before while laying in bed and it's not the same, lightning can be pinpointed but this is the whole sky and it's brighter than when lightning stikes. Also a few times it's been completely clear with no clouds in sight when it's happened

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Seeing this thread reminded me how I used to see this exactly same thing back in the very early 90's.

I too live in the UK, and I distinctly remember laying in my bedroom at night watching the stars on a clear night, and the entire sky would light up in brief flashes. Just like a camera flash, as others have described. The flash was very dim (not at all like lightning)

I always found it very strange then, but had nor real way to find anything more out about it.

I live on the coast if that makes any difference.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I've seen that before in Florida while I was there in the late 1990's. Could be 10 or 11 at night, walking outside with a clear sky and nothing but stars above. It's just like a camera flash, but with no obvious source. Oddest thing. Could be "heat lightning", but when there aren't any clouds on the horizon at all it makes you wonder.

I guess it could also be meteorites. Some do burn up pretty fast and if you're not looking up to see it, it would be difficult to discern the source.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This happened again last night, just after 2.30am. I'd only been in bed about 5 mins and saw 3 flashes in succession. I might put the camcorder in the window to see if i could capture it, slim chance but would be cool to know what it is.

new topics
top topics

join