How Many Romney (GOP) Supporters Here Are Wealthy?

page: 9
12
<< 6  7  8   >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdwynaGolden
We have to help those who help us keep jobs.
edit on 5-11-2012 by EdwynaGolden because: Removal of some personal info :-P


Back to this post... So basically you want us to help people who think nothing about us.



The CEO of a massive timeshare company sent an email about the upcoming election to his employees yesterday, threatening to fire some of them if President Obama wins re-election. David Siegel, who owns Florida-based Westgate Resorts, sent an email to all his employees yesterday to discuss the upcoming election. “The economy doesn’t currently pose a threat to your job,” Siegel wrote, noting that the company is “the most profitable [it's] ever been.” “What does threaten your job however, is another 4 years of the same Presidential administration.” He went on to say that although he “can’t tell you whom to vote for,” if Obama is re-elected, it would mean “fewer jobs, less benefits and certainly less opportunity for everyone.” ...


Billionaire CEO Threatens To Fire Employees If Obama Wins

We're supposed to stick with business owners through thick and thin, but they can treat others like crap because with tax cuts they can't finish building the largest mansion in the world. Bow to your corporate master!




posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed
 


I absolutely disagree that my vote choice will be a vote against my financial well being.
There are many things to take into consideration....

A new choice will hopefully give us greater possibility of working toward a healthier economy.

Whether it be higher taxes or whatever...IT'S GOING TO BE FELT BY EVERYONE.
I'm at about half of what your determination of what wealthy is..

The current configuration has been given a fair chance. If it does not work shouldn't you make a change???....
edit on 6-11-2012 by wutz4tom because: typo



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

They are voting democratic, because they know that many people do need food stamps and other government benefits to survive. My dad does not believe in the idea of letting your fellow country man starve, or fall ill. I believe in the same thing


I appreciate their reasons for voting this way. Another perspective, one that I would call the *true* conservative perspective, is that it is not government's place to do this beyond certain catastrophic events.

Rather, if your parents' taxes were lowered by 50% or whatever, they could instead choose the charities to which they want their good will to go. As it stands now, their money is being forcibly taken and some total strangers in D.C. are "choosing" where their, yours, and my hard earned money goes, and you or I may not agree that these are appropriate charities, or that the charities best serve yours or my charitable goals.

Remember, before the government was allowed to take this role, private charities (yes, usually religious) fed the hungry, clothed the bare, and comforted the sick.



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus
 


You stated Romney’s charitable nature was the precursor behind your decision once that reasoning is challenged with proof otherwise then you say you don’t give a rat’s ass and move the goalpost. Are you lying to me or yourself?

I think your reasoning is more in line with the Ops assumption.

If you honestly cared about morals and character you sure as heck wouldn’t be voting for Mitt the rat Romney.



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
My parents make a combined income of around 340k, they live in a quiet upper middle class neighborhood and put us through college.

They are voting democratic, because they know that many people do need food stamps and other government benefits to survive. My dad does not believe in the idea of letting your fellow country man starve, or fall ill. I believe in the same thing

We are supposed to help eachother especially in these tough economic times and we cannot throw people out in the curve and tell them to rely on chairty, when wall street and the bankers receive billions from our tax money.


Except it was your socialist party that paid the bankers, the unions and still gives our taxes to the poor.
I do not meet the weatlthy threshhold by a long shot but i value my freedoms and i value Govt staying out of the peoples business and focus on running the nation.
Wealth has no bearing on politics when the true importance is on Freedom.



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed
 


I voted for Romney, and I am FAR from wealthy. No, I didn't vote against my economic interests, either. Quite the contrary.

Since Obama took office, I have watched the gas prices where we live rise to well above double what they were when Bush left office. They are currently still above double, and have been as high as 2.6 times the pre-Obama price. My family doesn't do ANY unnecessary driving. My husband drives to work, because there is NO public transportation where we live. Nope, no carpooling available, either, as this isn't a busy urban area, he works on a military base, and both hours and the lack of other service members in our area working the same times make such a thing impossible. So, that is necessary driving. OUr shopping is either done on post, when he's there (and that is pretty close to his work location), or at a set of stores literally 1-1.5 miles from our home. Not a lot of driving there. Nor do we go daily. Even so, with just that, the amount of money we spend on gas has gone through the roof. Gas alone eats a huge chunk out of our already inadequate monthly budget.

Also, since Obama took office, we have watched grocery prices skyrocket. A grocery shopping trip that would have, pre-Obama, cost around $150-175 now costs about $350. That's a really BIG difference. We don't eat anything fancy. Plenty of cheap chicken, low-priced ground beef, tuna, spaghetti, and so forth. Still, we now spend a lot more than before, and this makes a difference in our lives.

Utility bills have also increased under Obama, and he flat out stated that he WANTED those to be higher. Well, gee, I don't support someone that wants to make everything I need for the care of my family to be more expensive.

Then there are the other issues. Obama is the most anti-military president we have ever had. EVER. I KNOW what I am talking about, in this case. He's enacted rules of engagement that place the lives of our personnel in danger. He's refused anything like a real pay raise. The next one? 1.7% Considering how much he's raised prices on everything, that might as well be a negative number. Then the jerk has the guts to claim that military people make too much already?!?!? Really? My husband, with a good record, and over 20 years in service, makes less money a year, by more than 20%, than the average MAIL CARRIER. Nope, not kidding. Even WITH combat pay, etc, when he was deployed, we made more than 20% less. We do, by the way, have to PAY monthly for our insurance. The care received has deteriorated, as well, with appointments much harder to obtain. He's also stated that he wants to eliminate retirement accounts for all new service members, AND that he thinks veterans, even those injured in the line of duty, should pay for their own health care! His policies have gutted our forces, throwing out good people, and seriously weakening our defensive capabilities. He's eliminated much needed equipment as well, and decimated our fleet.

This is, of course, the same man that basically threw our diplomats to the wolves, did NOT send ANY help, though much was available, but DID manage to get a camera there so that he could watch the vile acts committed on those men, and their deaths. Sorry, but that's not a man I can vote for.

Food stamp recipients have increased by about fifteen million people since he took office. Unemployment is skyrocketing, with more women and minorities unemployed than ever. According to Forbes - the REAL rates - the unemployment rate is actually well over 14%. No one in need of a job (an d that includes a LOT of people I know personally!!) should consider voting for Obama. Here is another Forbes piece on the real numbers - This is NOT a friend of our econony!!

I don't know ANYONE that is better off under Obama's "leadership". Not one single person. Everyone I know was worse off at income tax time as well. People below the poverty level received less of a return under the Obama tax plan. He claims a lot of people got better returns, but I can't find a single such person. I know we didn't! I don't know any wealthy people, either. Most I know are struggling. REAL struggling. They can't get food stamps, or welfare, or free cell phones (paid with those tax dollars we didn't get back.....), or bailouts, or stimulus dollars. They were all robbed.

No, my family can't afford another six months of this failure, much less another four years. Nor can my country.



posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I can guarantee that the majority who are will not admit it. I was just listening to the radio on the drive home, and a guy was talking about how he used to be a democrat when he didn't have any money, and became a republican once he made money. That is the truth for the majority. Those who are wealthy are republican, on average, and vice versa. It is no big secret why democrats want larger government....

Because the republicans want smaller government, so there are less regulations and monitoring, so they can screw people to make more money. The dems do not want people to get screwed by the republicans.



posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I can guarantee that the majority who are will not admit it. I was just listening to the radio on the drive home, and a guy was talking about how he used to be a democrat when he didn't have any money, and became a republican once he made money. That is the truth for the majority. Those who are wealthy are republican, on average, and vice versa. It is no big secret why democrats want larger government....

Because the republicans want smaller government, so there are less regulations and monitoring, so they can screw people to make more money. The dems do not want people to get screwed by the republicans.


Median income of Republicans is just over $60k, Democrats is $45k. Since the country is split 50-50, you can infer those who vote Democrat have less education and less ability to make money and so want a Government to care for them. Republicans favor a Government that helps the country as a whole move forward as they can take greater advantage of the opportunities created.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Inferring people that vote Democrat are less educated should really back up with facts and figures. I look at a claim like that the same as if someone inferred that people only voted for Romney because they are either rich, racist, dislike 47% of the people or have no idea what is in the nation’s best interest.

We should be better than that and provide proof with claims like those.

If Romney had provided evidence to support his claims that he could balance the budget while cutting taxes I think he would have had a chance at winning but instead he wanted us to take his claims on faith.

If I remember correctly one of the big complaints about how the affordable health care act was passed is that it was stated that it needed to be passed before we could see what was in it and then Romney turns around and states we would have to elect him before he would tell us how what his plans were. I think he was lucky to get the votes he did with that kind of mindset. Wouldn’t you agree?



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Inferring people that vote Democrat are less educated should really back up with facts and figures. I look at a claim like that the same as if someone inferred that people only voted for Romney because they are either rich, racist, dislike 47% of the people or have no idea what is in the nation’s best interest.

We should be better than that and provide proof with claims like those.

If Romney had provided evidence to support his claims that he could balance the budget while cutting taxes I think he would have had a chance at winning but instead he wanted us to take his claims on faith.


ETA: Unlike Democrats who like to talk about their superior intellect, I want to make sure it is clear I am speaking Education only, not intelligence. I do not think there is any real difference in intellect levels.
If I remember correctly one of the big complaints about how the affordable health care act was passed is that it was stated that it needed to be passed before we could see what was in it and then Romney turns around and states we would have to elect him before he would tell us how what his plans were. I think he was lucky to get the votes he did with that kind of mindset. Wouldn’t you agree?


Median income is less for Democrats. Education is the greatest factor in income. Higher education leads to higher median incomes. You can not have half the country more educated and making less, that defies logic.

Obama created a plan, we were told we could not look at that plan until it was passed. Romney said creating a plan requires working with the Senate and Congress and getting input from everyone. Not quite the same thing.
edit on 8-11-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Let me ask you this the states that are primarily red are they not generally the poorest and receive more federal money than blue states?

Another factor that should be considered is cost of living between red and blue states.

As for Romney I would have agreed with you except not once did I hear or read where he named a single loophole he would close after he stated that is how he would make up for the taxes he would lower.

In essence he said nothing except trust me I will work with Washington. I for one do not trust people who say trust me and especially those people who are politicians and from the results of the election I believe many other people feel the same way.


Edit to add.

Even if you did take him at his word what makes you think Washington would work with him? You have to remember how much trouble Obama has had it is amazing how much was actually passed seeing as how they only had a filibuster proof senate for 72 days and how congress made it their number one priority to make him a one term president they tried to block anything that would make him look good. They even tried to deny the first responders health bill last December and just recently shoot down the veterans job bill all in the name of being obstructionists.

If Romney was elected it would have set a dangerous counterproductive precedent that those in congress will define the presidency. It was already a hard job there no need to make it any more crooked or difficult.

Maryland - 1
New Jersey - 3
Connecticut - 4
Massachusetts - 5
New Hampshire - 6
Virginia - 7
Hawaii - 8
Delaware - 9
California - 10
Minnesota - 11
Washington - 12
Colorado - 15
New york - 16
Rhode Island - 17
Illinois - 18
Vermont - 19

States that voted in Obama enjoy higher income levels per capitaen.wikipedia.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think your theory might need some finessing.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: add



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Let me ask you this the states that are primarily red are they not generally the poorest and receive more federal money than blue states?

Another factor that should be considered is cost of living between red and blue states.

As for Romney I would have agreed with you except not once did I hear or read where he named a single loophole he would close after he stated that is how he would make up for the taxes he would lower.

In essence he said nothing except trust me I will work with Washington. I for one do not trust people who say trust me and especially those people who are politicians and from the results of the election I believe many other people feel the same way.


Edit to add.

Even if you did take him at his word what makes you think Washington would work with him? You have to remember how much trouble Obama has had it is amazing how much was actually passed seeing as how they only had a filibuster proof senate for 72 days and how congress made it their number one priority to make him a one term president they tried to block anything that would make him look good. They even tried to deny the first responders health bill last December and just recently shoot down the veterans job bill all in the name of being obstructionists.

If Romney was elected it would have set a dangerous counterproductive precedent that those in congress will define the presidency. It was already a hard job there no need to make it any more crooked or difficult.

Maryland - 1
New Jersey - 3
Connecticut - 4
Massachusetts - 5
New Hampshire - 6
Virginia - 7
Hawaii - 8
Delaware - 9
California - 10
Minnesota - 11
Washington - 12
Colorado - 15
New york - 16
Rhode Island - 17
Illinois - 18
Vermont - 19

States that voted in Obama enjoy higher income levels per capitaen.wikipedia.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think your theory might need some finessing.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: add


If in those States the more educated people vote Republican and the less educated vote Democrat I don't see the contradiction. There are two simple facts. Education is the biggest factor in income. Republican median income is higher. Now I chose median instead of mean to avoid having the very rich influence the numbers. This is the "normal" citizen. Which means they have their income based on hard work not family name and inheritance.

ETA: Democracts filibustered more than the Republicans have as a percentage of bills proposed.
edit on 8-11-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi
 


I haven't fact checked it, but this supports my assertion
reflectionsofarationalrepublican.com...

Republicans are more likely to have some college experience or a 4 year degree.

Democrats are more likely to have dropped out of high school or have no college experience. However Democrats are more likely to have post graduate experience.

So the Median Republican has more education than the Median Democrat.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


You do realize your source is a right wing blog which I couldn’t find the formula the used for determining numbers or what their control group was but I am still looking atm.
If when take those numbers at face value it only shows .25 difference in education levels for college students and those who have attended some college. Nowhere does it support you assertion that those with higher education are higher income or your other assertion of democrats being lower which ties to their education. I am not sure what that pole came from and I couldn’t find the credentials for the site as a nonpartisan so I looked up PEW.The Pew study har given a ery different picture. Link hereen.wikipedia.org...-Pew_Research_Center.2C_Spreadsheet.2C_2005_poll-15

From your source I did find the tidbit.


The problem with surveys is: people lie. I guarantee you some of those “college graduates” only have a certificate in some kind of trade. And those with “some college” might have only taken a photography class or something. And as far as “post-graduate”… some of those surveyed might think that that’s anything beyond high school.


I wil check in later and do some more digging, I just got back to the US yestereday so I an catching up on things
edit on 8-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: :sleep:





new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 6  7  8   >>

log in

join