Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How Many Romney (GOP) Supporters Here Are Wealthy?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by hououinkyouma

So giving food to people who need to feed their families js not helping them?

It's like the modified old saying goes. You can give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. You can teach a man to fish and take 90% of the fish he catches but at least he'll have a spoon full of fish each day until he withers away and dies.

This argument is nonsensical. Training programs are another program that will be cut (already have been). It's about keeping people from becoming desperate and committing crimes to feed their families. It's not about handouts and somebody taking something away from you - it's about providing the basic security for people so that they can begin again.

Sure there will be abuses. But who abuses public largess more then corporations with their bailouts, tax cuts, no-bid contracts, etc.

If you want to end government handouts - stop the handouts to corporate people. But help everyday - real, flesh and blood people. There is no such thing as a 'self-made' man (women know that).

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It is implied in everything he says. Conservatives don't say it out right, it is by inference.

Libertarians and Anarchists are honest about it, republication not so much. And truly, while I have not made a study of it, the only thing Romney believes in is himself, I don't think the man has any convictions other then 'taking care of number one'. Maybe he believes in his church - the few mormons I've known have been better and kinder people.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I re-read this thread and it's Very evident from your post you didn't take the time to actually read the thread.
This quote of your's:

'you're wrong and a commie to boot" replies.

Please show me were this was wrote and in who's reply.
Now I know you didn't read my replies and actually understand what I wrote by this quote of your's:

Are you so sure that your job won't be cut or out-sourced. Delusional I tell you.

You're Very, Very Delusional, My Government job at the time before I RETIRED like I said,,,, Could Not Now or Ever Be Cut or Out Sourced.
You Know Nothing of our Government and it's Agencies and the Jobs we do.
Now just maybe you should Stop Listening to NPR or what ever it is that's Blocked any Intelligent Thinking between your Ears, or just Turn Off Your T V.
FyreByrd
You can stop now

Obama did not then in 08 and does not now in 12 care about you or any one else, that's evident by the number of people now having to receive Government Assistance.
There are people I know in this neighborhood voting for Romney because They Gave Obama a Chance and now their Jobless and struggling with part time jobs and taking the bus because they lost their cars and going through thrash for plastic and tin cans to sell.
They shop now at Good Well and other second hand stores to keep the mortgage paid and food on the table.
As I said before, if Romney doesn't back improvements in 4 years, they'll vote for the other guy.
edit on 5-11-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-11-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
.....Im a single mom of three, making waaaay, waaaay less than 250K ...drop the 2, then drop the 50 some! I have a mortgage, just paid off my 10 yr old car and need another one... Not sure how I'll buy presents for the kids this holiday season, Never sure that I'll be able to always give them the "healthiest" meals, but we manage and we love each other and the kids "almost" feel like they "have it all". Haha! It's all perspective anyway. I used to vote strictly republican myself. For years. Sometimes a straight ticket. This is why: I was brought up to believe that not everyone can be wealthy. There has to be the super wealthy... and dang at $250k, I would feel super wealthy! We have to help those who help us keep jobs. Who owns the companies that we "poor" folks work for? I was also raised to work hard and not rely on the government for handouts. I do that.
I know there are so many that have less than I do even. I see them daily.. Folks losing their homes because the pay here in this area is so low and they can't pay the mortgage... It's so sad... And I live in a county of only around 11,000 households...I can't imagine what it looks like now in a larger metropolitan area. So many depend on the government, and I understand if it's a real need. That's what it is there for... but so many abuse it, take advantage, lie... It causes so many problems.

I truly admire all you "wealthy folks" who are voting against your own economic best interests to save those government programs that many need. I do think that we should all pay our share of taxes no matter our income. I stopped voting straight tickets, stopped voting mostly republican and began listening instead. With the electoral college, I'm not quite sure how my vote really counts; but I do it anyway as it is my right.

I didn't read all the pages and posts, but that's what I was taught about protecting the wealthy. If I'm not one of them, I have to work for one of them... Lol. Keeping the boss happy I suppose?
edit on 5-11-2012 by EdwynaGolden because: Removal of some personal info :-P

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Full Romney supporter here!!! Like Des, not even close to wealthy! One could even say barely getting by! However, I am smart enough to know how business works. $250,000 does not just apply to individual families!!!!! It also applies to small business'. How much more unemployment do we need?

I am tired of the lying, race baiting, and an all out attempt to divide people, not just republican and democrat, but brother against brother! If you haven't heard, "A house divided cannot stand" Obama has made it a personal quest to see that the United States of America will fall.! If you do not believe me, look at his record!

Is Romney perfect? By all means no! He is just a man, and no man is perfect! But my gosh, he has a vision!!!
He has a plan to put people back to work. He was a successful Republican Governor of one of the most liberal states out there, MA.!! He is willing to reach out and compromise to get things done.

Please tell me, what has Obama done for you and what are Barry's plans to uphold the Constitution?

By the way, before you go off on how greedy Romney is an only cares about the wealthy, please take a look at this article by the New York Post.

Romney the giver The big news from tax returns By JOHN PODHORETZ Last Updated: 12:35 AM, September 22, 2012 Posted: 11:23 PM, September 21, 2012 John Podhoretz

We learned yesterday that last year Mitt Romney paid $1.9 million in taxes on an income of $14 million — and gave $4 million to charity. The year before, he made $21.6 million, paid $3 million in taxes and gave $3 million to charity.

So, to recap: Mitt Romney has, in the past two years, paid almost $5 million in taxes while giving away $7 million. And, as he said, he has paid the taxes he was supposed to pay according to the laws of the United States, which is all that is required — legally, morally and practically — of anyone.

If you’ve been reading my columns for the past couple of years, you know I’m perfectly capable of being critical of Romney. I did so the other day, and radio host Mark Levin called me a “trash-mouther” who was “giving aid and comfort to Obama.”

But the release of these tax records leaves no doubt about one thing: Mitt Romney is an extraordinarily, remarkably, astonishingly generous man. A good man. Maybe even a great man. That is all. There is no “but.” Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant, stupid or a liar.

New York Post

These are my reasons for supporting a man with integrity and moral values.
Thanks for asking.

Cheers,
Pax

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Who the hell is voting for Romney really? I don't know a single person who likes that guy and I know everybody!

And you are????

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

I am not wealthy, you drank the Kool-Aid.

Obama has only created 125,000 jobs in 4 years. Millions of jobs went from full time to part time.

From CNN

What Obama did not say, however, was that the nation shed 4.3 million jobs during the early days of his term, and that the net gain since he took the oath of office in January 2009 is just 125,000 jobs.

That means that, while the nation has replaced lost jobs, many of those new jobs pay less than the old ones did.

www.cnn.com...

U.S. has created a net 125,000 jobs since Obama was inaugurated.

At the same time, the 8.1 percent unemployment rate in August was higher than the 7.8 percent when Obama took the oath of office. Joblessness has exceeded 8 percent for 43 consecutive months, the longest stretch in monthly records dating to back 1948.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

All I got to say is you have really been fooled then if you take at face value that his donations make him a better man. You should have looked into them more closely. I did and what I found out was his donations are only tied to his greed and church some of the ways he donated are downright devious and one is a loophole that lets him escape paying taxes on capital gains in such a way that the loophole was closed in 06 but he is grandfathered in now.

For a website where the motto is deny ignorance there is an abundance to be found here. Anyway after the election you should look into it and once you see the truth you will be glad that fraud didn’t make it to the white house and if by some chance he does….God help us all because he will not. Unless of course you are wealthy or a major shareholder in a corporation in which case you picked the right man for your best interests.

If you are at all interested in the truth about his donation schemes I authored a few threads a few months back I would gladly provide the links.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by paxnatus

All I got to say is you have really been fooled then if you take at face value that his donations make him a better man. You should have looked into them more closely. I did and what I found out was his donations are only tied to his greed and church some of the ways he donated are downright devious and one is a loophole that lets him escape paying taxes on capital gains in such a way that the loophole was closed in 06 but he is grandfathered in now.

For a website where the motto is deny ignorance there is an abundance to be found here. Anyway after the election you should look into it and once you see the truth you will be glad that fraud didn’t make it to the white house and if by some chance he does….God help us all because he will not. Unless of course you are wealthy or a major shareholder in a corporation in which case you picked the right man for your best interests.

If you are at all interested in the truth about his donation schemes I authored a few threads a few months back I would gladly provide the links.

Obvious by your post, you didn't bother reading the article......
I must address this quote first:

and once you see the truth you will be glad that fraud didn’t make it to the white house

Gee, I know!!! Because we have the most honest and non fraudulent man sitting in the Oval office, now!

Actually, I am more interested in Obama's giving and charitable contributions!

You do not know me at all, cause if you did, you would know that I don't give a rat's ass about either ones bank roll!!!

Ya see, I care about morals and character of the individual! I care about my President supporting the men and women whom volunteer to protect my freedom and that of my nation, not slapping them in the face every chance he gets! I care about my President hobnobbing with every well known terrorist group around, calling it foreign policy! I care about my President thumbing his nose at Israel while he gives a nod and a wink to Iran! I care about my President committing acts of treason and then lying to my face about it.

Most importantly, I care about my President caring about my country and working for ME!!!! Something we have not seen in at least 4 years!!!

Your right Obama I am Hoping for a CHANGE, starting with the name on the Oval office door!!!
edit on 11/6/2012 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Originally posted by SilentKillah

Originally posted by muse7

So giving food to people who need to feed their families js not helping them?

It's like the modified old saying goes. You can give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. You can teach a man to fish and take 90% of the fish he catches but at least he'll have a spoon full of fish each day until he withers away and dies.

This argument is nonsensical. Training programs are another program that will be cut (already have been). It's about keeping people from becoming desperate and committing crimes to feed their families. It's not about handouts and somebody taking something away from you - it's about providing the basic security for people so that they can begin again.

Sure there will be abuses. But who abuses public largess more then corporations with their bailouts, tax cuts, no-bid contracts, etc.

If you want to end government handouts - stop the handouts to corporate people. But help everyday - real, flesh and blood people. There is no such thing as a 'self-made' man (women know that).

My response was sarcastic... I'm in agreement that tax dollars should continue to be placed in the hands of those that need them. Alongside of education, infrastructure, and development of renewable energy developments for fossil fuel replacement.

I wasn't literally saying teach a man to fish... I was saying that Romney MAY assist in creating a few more minimum wage jobs and won't provide tax breaks or supplement income deficiencies which will make the situation worse.

Provide the basic needs for those in need and help them get out of the holes that they are in. If I were rich, I'd be doing the same. I find it amazing that many rich people who became rich by chance (entertainment people for instance) support President Obama, while business owners... the people that love to rip the middle class off (as Romney did all his life) support Romney. Well, that's not amazing, but you would think that the people that work for these companies that rip them off would be against what their overpaid bosses support.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Taiyed
reply to post by Destinyone

that's fine, you can change your story.

Next time, maybe try to answer more clearly.

You are either wealthy or you are not, you clearly made it seem like you are not and have operated under that position in this entire thread.

See...that's what bugs you the most. People don't fit into the precise little niches you've created for them, in your mind. You completely forgot about one little thing...human nature...individuality...what is rich to some is poor to others...and vice versa....

Sometimes my healthy herd of goats, makes me feel like the richest Woman in the world...it's all how you view it....

Des

edit on 4-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

I've never heard anyone living in roach infested ghettos think that they're rich. Also never heard anyone not living in those projects think that anyone in those projects is rich. Rich is not a perception that can be skewed... that's the problem with American views. If you cannot pay for your vehicles in cash... or pay off your loans today... sorry you are not rich. That's not including business loans and home loans. If you cannot pay your immediate assets off at this time... right now... with money left over... you are not rich. No if, and, or but about the question. Do you make more than $250,000 a year? That's what he asked. It was clear!
edit on 6-11-2012 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by Taiyed

probably what the (western)Romans said right before the Gauls crashed through the gates and started burning Rome while Nero played some kind of instrument.or perhaps what the eastern empire was saying when the walls of Constantinople fell. and probably what the Mayans said shortly after saying hey whats with these white guys before a city of millions was conquered by 1200 Spaniards.or what the people of Argentina said shortly before there economy collapsed and they entered a violent recession/depression. Or the Japanese empire before we nuked them,or the Germans of the third Reich before we firebombed them into submission(with a hellof alot of help from the soviets and our allies) Or the many many nations that fell to the mongol hordes or Alexanders army's of antiquity. ALL empires nations eventually fail or change the nature of their country with time....change and the fall of empires..and taxes are all that are certain in this world well that and death. we as a nation will either fail or adapt(change) tis the way of nature

edit to add: if you think the people of America will not stand up to corruption and use force if necessary when government corruption becomes to rampant for us to tolerate i give you the following links

EDIT... Blah blah blah...

And what does any of this have to do with a civil revolution? These examples are not based on any form of civil matters.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds
Broke Romney supporter here. Drive 60 miles to classes three times a week because living on campus is too expensive. I believe in helping others but I don't believe you should be FORCED to help others. That's a key difference between the GOP and Democrats. I'm 26 btw

I'm not forced to do anything but pay taxes. I'm not forced to donate my money to charities. I'm not forced to give $5.00 to every homeless person I see. But, I can say that if Romeny is elected today, that I'll have to pay more taxes. You will as well, or get less of a refund because your deductions and credits don't allow the breaks that you once had. The recent increases for child income credit... gone. So... effectively, you will be forced to give more money as well. All of us in the middle/lower middle class will.

Now the least that I can ask of our government is to do something useful and good with our money instead of $900 Billion in bombs going to Afghanistan each year. The least that I can ask is more billions going to schools around the nation. The least I can ask is that people losing jobs and homes not be taxed on property that they no longer have. The least I can ask is that more unfortunate children around this country are fed and given clothing and uniforms for school. Finally, the least I can ask is developing renewable energy companies are given adequate money to get a good jump in advancing technology... getting us off of these destructive fossil fuels. Ever think that may create jobs?????

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
We here at the Sierra Club/Greenpeace coalition are concerned by the increase in poverty around the world.

Amid ever growing legions of the poor, nearly all of the the world's resources are controlled by a dwindling number of the very, very, very rich.

How much longer can this go on? How much longer can the rich sustain this control?

It is the efforts of the very, very, very rich that go into creating the legions of the poor. It is not the other way around.

The poor will always be with us, but the rich are a dwindling species.

Save the economic eco-system. Vote Romney to sustain our wealthiest classes!!

The above was an unpaid political announcement from an internet wacko posing as the Sierra Club/Greenpeace coalition.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by matt47274
So i get it you think we shouldjust give a man a fish each day instead of taking the time to teach him to fish and letting him be independent of you. But instead of giving them yourself you put them through a middle man? So why not give some fishing poles, to the men that will spare their time to teach and really benifit thee ones you claim to?

That's right... cut education and teach a man to fish without a fishing pole. Just to be safe once he's learned without a fishing pole, send him to a lake that corporate giants fish in with their nets and traps. See how many fish he catches... and if he catches any, take 90% of his fish and call it taxes. Don't supplement his taxes so that his family can eat too.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by camaro68ss

I fully support using government t as the primary charity provider.

I certainly trust the US government over these giant charitable institutions which are nothing but giant fronts for elitist institutions like the Catholic church, and the Mormons, and throw environmental extremists in that group.

Yeah, I think everyone should have to contribute to charity. Why not, being that I am forced to provide charity to corporations.

Each tax dollar these private charities avoid paying is another dollar the politicians are going to try and pull out of my pocket.

Exactly!
Many corporations have used charities as a means to write off money that was sent to off shore accounts. So many examples of corruption there. Government does it best. Not perfect... of course... nothing is. But so many people act like there aren't people that just need help!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
For the purposes of this thread, let's go ahead and place the "wealthy" threshold at $250,000 income.

So how many of you are "wealthy"?

The reason I ask is because if you aren't over this threshold and you are voting for Romney (or the GOP), you are voting directly against your own economic interests. You are voting for those that are already wealthy to become more wealthy. You are voting for those that have less (this being you) will have to sacrafice more in either taxes, tax credits, deductions, or social services.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Taiyed because: (no reason given)

I have to agree with you and say I know a number of these people - small business people (contractors of various types especially) who do just this thing.

I think it's a form of delusion and they think on some level that if they vote as if they were rich, they are or will become rich.

I'm taking a fellow to the polls tommorrow that I have know for a few years. He's in his early 70's, had a stroke about 7 years ago and lives rent free in a room of a kind (modest) friend. He has no savings, his only income is Social Security and his medical care is provided by the VA (he served one tour). He is voting for Romney, says we live in a Socialist county and that he wants the country back.

I don't get it.

In most elections is pure ignorance but in this specific one it's mostly racism I'm afraid. Sad really.

To the nit pickers and those defending this illogical stance - be brave look at your own motives for voting Romney or supporting Romney. I've not heard any good arguments in favor of a Romney Presidency = anywhere.

The author of this thread set a hypothetical limit on wealth that I'd challenge as well - I'd put it at several million because, these days, to be considered a real person (not an other) it takes hundreds, if not thousands of millions of dollars not in income but of net worth. Net worth is a better measure of wealth then income in my opinion.

I really don't like these "you don't speak for me" or 'you're wrong and a commie to boot" replies. It's childless beyond belief, shows a profound lack of education (not surprising with the state of US schools) and an inability to deal with reality.

Thank you for starting this thread.

I totally agree with everything that you said. You couldn't have said anything better. I know people in the same boat... a neighbor of mine across the street. She runs a Space Walk (bouncy house) business from her home and constantly talks to my wife every morning about how Romney will help her small business and Obama takes away from it. I don't even see how that makes since. I'm thinking... if the actually owner of the franchise that you've bought into doesn't care how your portion of the business is doing, then what is Romney going to do but give that person tax breaks for owning you basically.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It is implied in everything he says. Conservatives don't say it out right, it is by inference.

Libertarians and Anarchists are honest about it, republication not so much. And truly, while I have not made a study of it, the only thing Romney believes in is himself, I don't think the man has any convictions other then 'taking care of number one'. Maybe he believes in his church - the few mormons I've known have been better and kinder people.

I've asked many people voting for Romney why they believe he wants to be President. Nobody has a clue. The only reason that I can think... and truly believe is that President is a bucket list item for Romney. It's not about what he believes is best. It's about fulfilling that dream that all kids have. Once he's in office, he won't do anything except hurt a lot of people that could be helped by repealing Obamacare.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdwynaGolden
We have to help those who help us keep jobs. Who owns the companies that we "poor" folks work for? I was also raised to work hard and not rely on the government for handouts.
edit on 5-11-2012 by EdwynaGolden because: Removal of some personal info :-P

Why... because I can tell you and most of them tell people every day... that they suuuuurrrrrreeeeee don't want to help you. They wish that there was no minimum wage so they coud pay you less. They were glad that there was no Obamacare so that they didn't have to offer health insurance for their minimum wage employees. They're glad that they can consolidate certain positions overwhelming employees with tasks, working them overtime without pay when necessary. Just ask any government contractor working for Northrup Grumman about how this works. Corporate America doesn't care about you... so they're entitled for us to take care of them? I think not.

The government should be restricting what they can and cannot do to our people. It should be fair... and unfair if they decide to up their roots and leave the country. If they leave, take a huge chunk of tax money from them and give that to a smaller company to grow. Then stop trading with that company that left. Treat us bad, we'll treat you bad Corporate America.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
He has a plan to put people back to work. He was a successful Republican Governor of one of the most liberal states out there, MA.!!

This has to be the most ridiculous statement said in this thread. he has a plan... and his plan is to figure out a plan! Seriously... please inform everyone else what his plan is because he sure hasn't voiced any plan.

He is willing to reach out and compromise to get things done.

And Obama didn't? Do you really not remember the whole scare of government employees not getting paid in 2011 over government budget cuts that CONGRESS wouldn't budge on? Yep... Obama prevented a disaster by giving into Congress so that the rest of the government would get paid. Now... let Congress have been a Democratic Congress with a Republican President and the same thing happen... everyone would be blaming Congress over it. Never the President.

Please tell me, what has Obama done for you and what are Barry's plans to uphold the Constitution?

Please tell me what Willard's plans to uphold the Constitution are. Do you think he's going to repeal the Patriot Act? Do you think that he's going to ban warrant less cameras in wooded private property? Willard will keep all of these the same... and these are about the only possible unconstitutional things happening.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join